The Streamate Thread

All Streamate threads go here.
count.contessa
Reactions:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:05 am

Hey y'all. Has anyone noticed any issues with placement lately? I've put in more time and earned more on SM over the past two months than I have in ages, and my placement was improving. Over the past week and a half, that's changed. Noticing issues with other models too, like girls that I know are making more and putting in more time are behind me in placement. Is it just me? Perhaps because of the geolocation aspect worked into placement? Just wanting to see if I am overthinking it or not.

littlewhitelies
Reactions:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:46 pm

count.contessa wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:05 am Hey y'all. Has anyone noticed any issues with placement lately? I've put in more time and earned more on SM over the past two months than I have in ages, and my placement was improving. Over the past week and a half, that's changed. Noticing issues with other models too, like girls that I know are making more and putting in more time are behind me in placement. Is it just me? Perhaps because of the geolocation aspect worked into placement? Just wanting to see if I am overthinking it or not.
I think their algorithm has changed lately. I had a reg say that he hasn't been able to find me because he doesn't see models from his country first anymore. I was always on the first page when it was sorted that way. My hourly has been low for the past 3-ish weeks, but I can't tell if it's because of that or just because everyone is broke before the holidays.

Since they brought out the Dynamic Pricing beta, I would hope that they're going for a more personalized approach to the algorithm. Instead of just showing top earners, if it shows guys who have shown an interest in X type all the girls who fit into that type, that means it's easier to find a new girl he likes, and easier for girls to convert people from freechat to private because guys who are in your room are more likely to be interested. Is that ideal reality where everyone gets paid probably a pipe dream? Yes, but I'd like to think they're not just trying to only promote the top 20 models when there's so much potential for money to be made outside of them.

That said, if you search the archives you can find posts like this about placement changes for probably almost a decade. Usually this stuff tends to sort itself out, so don't panic yet.

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:51 pm

Are the streams blurred out again for anyone else? I noticed it on my phone last week. Now they are blurred on my laptop also.

I wondered if it's only certain states like last time.

Okay now they are not blurred. They must be messing with stuff again. lol

westworlds_host
Reactions:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:00 pm

CarmenRose wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:51 pm Are the streams blurred out again for anyone else? I noticed it on my phone last week. Now they are blurred on my laptop also.

I wondered if it's only certain states like last time.

Okay now they are not blurred. They must be messing with stuff again. lol
all streams are blurred for me again, they have been since last week for me.

count.contessa
Reactions:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:58 pm

Still having placement issues. I am bouncing around between the first and the second page. It disheartens me, but I am trying to stream as much as possible despite it. I can feel the difference in my room when I am on the second page. I feel like I am being punished for doing well, instead of rewarded. But I am still motivated to be here somehow! Gonna try to be more positive despite how weird this is.

littlewhitelies
Reactions:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:38 pm

Narrowing the range of my Dynamic Rate today as people have been complaining about me being $17-25/minute, regs and newbies included. As much as I'd love to make $25/minute, it doesn't seem anyone wants to pay that... I still like the concept, but it's clear the algorithm isn't well trained yet.

pippapippa
Reactions:

Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:33 pm

Is anyone else unable to stream right now? I have really slow load times and a constant loading symbol on the verification. This morning I was on for two hours and it was completely empty so I'm not surprised if they're working on the site, but I'm not sure if it's down for everyone or not.

SuperPookie
Hustler
Reactions:

Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:19 am

This week is very slow on SM. Luckily some other sites have picked up the slack (though not today) but it's weird in comparison to last week which was really good.

pattycakes29
Reactions:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:20 am

Hey has anyone experience this? When I'm live I do not show up on streamte site and if i look up my username nothing shows. The only way anyone can even find my page is if they clicked on my profile if I sent them a message/mass message. I've reached out for help twice and support keeps saying that there is nothing wrong with my account which is obviously not true. Not sure what to do. :(

wonderland1
Hustler
Reactions:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:06 am

@pattycakes29

Do you have geo-blocks on? That can make you not searchable. The other thing is under "Geographic Restrictions" there is a toggle at the bottom of that page saying "Allow Selected Logged Out Traffic"- make sure you have it set to Allow logged out members to see you. (it lights up green, I think). Otherwise, you will not be able to search yourself and no one else can unless they are LOGGED IN as a customer. Just know that after you hit that switch, it can take SM up to 24 hours to update itself for the changes to occur, in my experience.

Lastly, I am not sure if you are in the official SM Discord group (I am not) but you can ask in there or directly email Liz team.

I hope this helps and it gets resolved for you asap.