What Perfume Are You Currently Wearing?

Your body your business! Everything body related goes here: exercise, surgery, clothing, products, etc.

Moderator: Genoveve

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:58 am

AvaJade
Re: What Perfume are you currently wearing?
I'm still enjoying my knock-off Bitter Peach...I get compliments on it often which is nice especially as it's a dupe.
01-15-2023, 03:52 PMchanzep
Bath and body works Gingham heart of gold.
01-15-2023, 09:22 PMGenoveve
The pistachio brulee perfume I linked in the Today I Bought thread. It's nothing special, just your typical vanilla-ey scent.
01-16-2023, 07:14 AMAvaJade
^I don't think I've tried a pistachio scent before. I love pistachios but can't imagine how a perfume might smell. Kind of creamy, earthy?
01-16-2023, 08:37 AMPhatGirlDynomite!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaJade View Post
^I don't think I've tried a pistachio scent before. I love pistachios but can't imagine how a perfume might smell. Kind of creamy, earthy?
One of my favorite pistachio scent is Girl Of Now Shine by Ellie Saab. It's absolutely divine and smells mostly like upside down pineapple cake. To me the pistachio note reminds me of the sugared cherries between the pineapples.

Brazilian Crush Cheirosa '62 by Sol de Janeiro also has a pistachio note if you want to try that first. You can get it for around $25.
01-16-2023, 11:01 AMAvaJade
How much are you ladies influenced by the marketing of a fragrance either when making a decision to buy, or maybe less consciously, when deciding how you feel about a scent?

I find this really interesting. I generally attempt to ignore the marketing so as not to be seduced by anything other than the scent itself, but they are usually so enmeshed.

I think a big part of what makes us love a scent can often be nostalgia, romance, or wanting to buy into the image the brand is portraying.

Other than the simple single note type of fragrances, they all play on things like the bottle design, the name, the blurb explaining the inspiration behind the scent, or what feelings the maker is aiming to evoke or replicate.
01-16-2023, 02:34 PMchanzep
When it comes to actual perfumes and not my b&bw stuff,I don't wear anything that's popular right now in department stores. I actually work part time in fragrance and see what's popular even though I work in men's I know what's popular for women too. I like a lot of indie brands too sure I like the main stream but won't wear what's popular at the moment. I hate smelling like everyone else. I wear a lot of men's stuff too.
01-16-2023, 04:36 PMPhatGirlDynomite!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaJade View Post
How much are you ladies influenced by the marketing of a fragrance either when making a decision to buy, or maybe less consciously, when deciding how you feel about a scent?

I find this really interesting. I generally attempt to ignore the marketing so as not to be seduced by anything other than the scent itself, but they are usually so enmeshed.

I think a big part of what makes us love a scent can often be nostalgia, romance, or wanting to buy into the image the brand is portraying.

Other than the simple single note type of fragrances, they all play on things like the bottle design, the name, the blurb explaining the inspiration behind the scent, or what feelings the maker is aiming to evoke or replicate.
I love marketing and creating campaigns for myself and other people. It's like my thing, but I've noticed that marketing surrounding fragrances have very little effect on me. I find them to be boring and obvious cash grabs. The most famous fragrance ads are mostly from designer labels who churn out flanker after flanker.

This past year the only campaigns that stood out to me was Good Fortune by Viktor & Rolf. That was because FKA TWIGS was the spokes person and the bottle was purple. However I knew better to rush to buy it. It's an okay fragrance but I have so many that are similar.

The other campaign was from Sokie London. I follow her on YT and have enjoyed watching her launch her very first fragrance. I don't always like the stuff she recommends but I find her impressive.

Other than that I mostly go off of how the scent makes me feel when I smell it. I create my own narrative.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:50 pm

I just finished off a bottle of Byredo x Ouai that smells like Mojave Ghost and I am obsessed with the scent. But I can't bring myself to pay for a full bottle. Their fragrances just don't last. Has anyone ever tried a dupe for it? I may break down and get the hair perfume.

https://www.luckyscent.com/product/6419 ... oogle-base

westworlds_host
Reactions:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:04 pm

not a bougie perfume or anything, but I use a scented bath and body works lotion called winter candy apple lately. any time I walk into a room ill get someone telling me I smell amazing lol. it honestly can be used just as much in spring/summer and no one would know its a christmasy themed scent.
Last edited by westworlds_host on Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

honeybirdette_
Reactions:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:19 pm

Prada - paradoxe. I was gifted it for my birthday. Probably wouldn’t have gone out and bought it though because it’s very generic but it’s soooo strong and lasts ALL day and then some! I’m really liking it actually! Generic floral but quite sweet. I’ve had a few people stop and ask me what I’m wearing which is always a good sign haha

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:43 pm

honeybirdette_ wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:19 pm Prada - paradoxe. I was gifted it for my birthday. Probably wouldn’t have gone out and bought it though because it’s very generic but it’s soooo strong and lasts ALL day and then some! I’m really liking it actually! Generic floral but quite sweet. I’ve had a few people stop and ask me what I’m wearing which is always a good sign haha
As long as you like it then that's all that matters. I agree that paradox is very similar to many other designer fragrances with the orange blossom and jasmine notes. It's still good tho! The average person won't even know that it's a "generic" scent.

SoloDesire
Reactions:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:28 pm

Magnolia Bliss by Juliette has a gun. I got it in an Ipsy bag and I absolutely love it! I'll probably purchase a full size once I go through this one.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:44 pm

SoloDesire wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:28 pm Magnolia Bliss by Juliette has a gun. I got it in an Ipsy bag and I absolutely love it! I'll probably purchase a full size once I go through this one.
I love JHAG fragrances! I haven't smelled that one yet but I really do love what they put out. None of them are super complex but they get the job done. Very few fragrance houses can have top sellers in all of the categories, but they do!

Musky skin scents: This Is Not A Perfume
Salty Beach scents: Vanilla Vibes
Musky & Shampoo type vibes: Pear Inc
Gourmand sweet almond raspberry: Mmmm
Rose, Patchouli & Vetiver: Lady Vengeance

Straight forward linear fragrances, but I still love them for what they are.

wonderland1
Hustler
Reactions:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:10 pm

I love musky, woody, incense type scents. I recently bought PHLUR Somebody Wood and also YSL Y Le Parfum. Not sure how I feel about them, just yet....

Sadexx
Reactions:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:27 pm

Yesterday was Prada Pour homme, I love mens scents , Today I was just running errands and used Bath and bodyworks Fireside Flurries yum.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:40 pm

EtherealMOD wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:50 pm I just finished off a bottle of Byredo x Ouai that smells like Mojave Ghost and I am obsessed with the scent. But I can't bring myself to pay for a full bottle. Their fragrances just don't last. Has anyone ever tried a dupe for it? I may break down and get the hair perfume.

https://www.luckyscent.com/product/6419 ... oogle-base
Y'all I just got my order from Genre Parfums on Etsy. It's a dupe house and I got something called The Shadows and it's an exact dupe for Mojave Ghost. I am in LOVE. 💗

A thirty mil was only $25!!!!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1186590501 ... gIVu_D_BwE

I also got three travel sprays of dupes for Lemon In Zest by Kilian, Meliora and a house exclusive. I'm amazed at the quality and the price.