The Official 'What's On Your Mind' Thread

This is a forum for general topics about the cammodel industry. Open to all members.
EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:47 pm

Hey y'all! I just to let y'all know that I will be disabling some of my social media accounts. The Cammodelweb accounts will still remain as well as third party accounts for promotion. If you want to connect any other way then please hit me up via dm here or Skype. I'm quietly working in the background but I'm tired and need to get myself together.

For too long I've stretched myself way too then when it comes to communicating. I need to focus on mainlining that. For context please read the above tweets. If you have suggestions for this website please feel free to share. 💗

ancient
Reactions:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:40 am

Oh my god I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you're able to step away during this important time of healing. <3

Marina
Reactions:

Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:37 pm

@EtherealMOD thinking of you and sending you love and light. We are here for you. Thank you for all you do!

SoloDesire
Reactions:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:42 pm

Take all of the time you need @EtherealMOD <3 My thoughts are with you.

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:10 am

EtherealMOD wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:39 pm I just said goodbye to my beloved fluffy little puppy. I wasn't as hysterical this time around because I just went through this with Whisper girl. It's like she prepared me for what was to come. He would have been 16 in August and I've had him since he was 7 weeks old. Guru Dog was my homeboy. But I gotta keep moving because I have so many other responsibilities. I'm sad but I also feel free? It's an odd feeling.

Thank you all for showing me kindness during this time . I really appreciate it. Thank you. 💗
I do believe that animals sense our feelings and she did prepare you as much as she could.

I know what you mean about the freedom and sadness mixed in. I'm so sorry for both of your losses in such a short time.

I know you have a lot going on and that is a good idea to let some things go right now.

Genoveve
Hustler
Reactions:

Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:07 pm

Welp everyone is dying. I found out that around the time my mom's BF was killed, one of my best friends' sister died. She had kidney stones that she didn't even know about that went septic, died as soon as she was wheeled through the hospital doors. Also another friend's dad has been in the hospital, my sister had to have her dog put down. Oh and the young nephew of my friend(the dead sister's son), his best friend was killed crossing the street by a drunk driver a week before his mom died. This is seriously a dark period.

aka Genoveve
EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:58 pm

aurelia wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:07 pm Welp everyone is dying. I found out that around the time my mom's BF was killed, one of my best friends' sister died. She had kidney stones that she didn't even know about that went septic, died as soon as she was wheeled through the hospital doors. Also another friend's dad has been in the hospital, my sister had to have her dog put down. Oh and the young nephew of my friend(the dead sister's son), his best friend was killed crossing the street by a drunk driver a week before his mom died. This is seriously a dark period.
@aurelia Girl I am so sorry to hear about all of this. I didn't know that you were going through this at all? That's a lot to process. I will pray for you and your entire tribe before I go to bed tonight.

Genoveve
Hustler
Reactions:

Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:52 am

^^Thank you! I’m totally fine I just can’t believe so much is going on with everyone at the same time.

aka Genoveve
Marina
Reactions:

Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:31 am

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:44 pm

Marina wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:31 am
I watched the Black And Missing documentary over the weekend and there was a segment featuring self defense courses. I took one years ago but I was thinking about doing it again. This video tells me that I really need to get on top of that.

That's what I did this weekend to take my mind off of me. I watched documentaries. On The Record, the story of Drew Dixon a hip hop pioneer and the man who raped her. His name is Russell Simmons from Def Jam and he ran to Bali for three years to avoid conviction after 20 women came forward. Recently he started showing up at Hollywood events as though nothing happened.

That got me curious and then I stumbled upon this documentary. It's sooo good. It's not just a about the heinous acts done to Drew Dixon and many others, but it also showcases her creative talent as a music executive. This woman was behind some of THEE most iconic hip hop songs of all time! No. 1 is Method Man and Mary J Blige, "You're All I Need To Get By". Plus so many more. Because of what was done to her the world lost so much because eventually she decided to step away from the music industry. Just imagine how much more women could get done if we weren't being silenced, overlooked and abused?

If you're into hip-hop or even remotely interested in hearing about events regarding the #MeToo movement and how it effects women of color, then check out On The Record from HBOMax.