Why Following Your Passion Is Good For You

Here you can have general conversations about money making opportunities outside of the sex worker industry. You must be a registered user to see this forum.
EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:36 pm

Recently I read a New York Times article called Why Following Your Passion Is Good For You ( and how to get started) by Lizz Shumer

It was the second part of the title that really caught my attention. These types of articles tend to leave out several steps making it difficult to relate in any way. Basically they're just non-starters filled with psycho babble. Not this one! I really got into this article by Lizz Shumer. You can tell she really cared enough
to show the entire picture. I find this article yo inspiring. Here's the intro:

Before Andrew Rea started his popular “Binging With Babish” YouTube channel, he could barely get out of bed. Today, he credits the show, which inspires its three million subscribers to make their favorite “as seen on TV” dishes, with saving his life.

In 2015, six months before starting the channel, Mr. Rea, a former visual effects supervisor, was overcome with depression. But by combining his passions for food and filmmaking, as well as seeking professional help, he rediscovered how using those passions could lead to a rewarding career.

“Even if it hadn’t become my career and completely changed my life, the late nights spent tinkering after work would’ve been worth it,” Mr. Rea said. “I was cooking again, I was filming again, I was happy again.”

Whether you’re looking to cultivate a hobby as a professional steppingstone, or just to feel more fulfilled, extracurricular activities carry measurable benefits. And even if you don’t have a passion that really stokes your flames, there’s hope for you, too.

The full article is here

naomicourtney
Reactions:

Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:58 pm

I like that they say it can be your hobby and not necessarily your career. I think it's important to like your job, but sometimes it's just a way to pay for the things you need and to pursue things you love as opposed to being a life calling.

"The prize never goes to the fastest guy, it goes to the guy who slows down the least."
Discord Support Group for Cammodels and Strippers - https://discord.gg/JtGdjv6zWZ