New Article About Camgirls The first Webcams

This is a forum for general topics about the cammodel industry. Open to all members.
EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:08 am

Hey y'all I wrote a thing about Cammodels And The Evolution of Webcams.
https://boleynmodels.com/cammodels-and- ... f-webcams/

I ran out of time but I will definitely create a part two because there is so much history involved. I couldn't fit it all into one post. A few things I touched on were:
  • The first live stream
  • The first camgirl
  • first camsite
  • Tech companies using cammodels for marketing research with compensation or credit
  • My first webcam and how technology has evolved and the role that cammodels played
What was your first webcam and what year was it?

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:39 am

Wow!! I love this! I discovered camming in 2005. I clicked a webcam site link on MySpace. I found it fascinating. I do remember seeing models with remotes back then.

It took me two years to get up the nerve to try. I remember sitting on cam faceless with my state of the art Logitech Pro 9000. I have never been so nervous. I was afraid someone would take me private and I wouldn't know what to do lol. I didn't make any money to speak of until I started Streamate in 2011.

I don't usually count those early years but I guess technically I have been camming for 16 years.

I don't remember when I upgraded to the Logitech C920 but that Pro 9000 was the bomb!! I wish I still had them. I had several.

Thank you for the interesting article. I can't wait to read part 2.

Genoveve
Hustler
Reactions:

Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:45 pm

I remember Jennicam!

aka Genoveve
EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:23 pm

Genoveve wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:45 pm I remember Jennicam!
I didn't know about Jennicam in real time to be honest. It wasn't until my 4th or 5th year as a camgirl that I learned about her.