Cammodel Technology 2023

This is a forum for general topics about the cammodel industry. Open to all members.
Esixxx
Hustler
Reactions:

Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:35 am

CarmenRose wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:38 am @Esixxx I was wondering how it's going with your Nexigo Iris. Did you get the settings figured out?
:lol:
I did and then I knocked them all out a week ago.
I had an issue where I refreshed my stream and my camera was all zoomed in and blurry on Chrome on both SM and SC. When I opened the camera in OBS it was fine. So I decided to unplug the camera, plug it back in and reset to the defaults.

I would say that I have most of the settings where it's a good enough for now- for sake of my mental health.

I have been having the issue with the camera freezing on me at times. Did the troubleshooting but so far nada- I'm thinking of upgrading my RAM since I wanted to do so before getting the camera- to see if that helps.

Are you still liking the Tiny?

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:03 am

Esixxx wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:35 am
CarmenRose wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:38 am @Esixxx I was wondering how it's going with your Nexigo Iris. Did you get the settings figured out?
I had an issue where I refreshed my stream and my camera was all zoomed in and blurry on Chrome on both SM and SC. When I opened the camera in OBS it was fine. So I decided to unplug the camera, plug it back in and reset to the defaults.

I would say that I have most of the settings where it's a good enough for now- for sake of my mental health.

I have been having the issue with the camera freezing on me at times. Did the troubleshooting but so far nada- I'm thinking of upgrading my RAM since I wanted to do so before getting the camera- to see if that helps.

Oh no!! I know you haved worked many hours on the settings. I'm sure your stream looks just fine. I think we are way more picky than the guys are. lol

I get what you're saying about it affecting your mental health. Camming has been a real mind f#@k lately.

I like the Tiny2 but there have also been a few issues with it. I traded in the original because of firmware issues. This new one's picture quality is better. I'm leaving all the picture settings on auto.

My video went black once during a private on Streamate. Hopefully that was a fluke. I like the Tiny's mic but it doesn't work on Stripchat. My Yeti even cuts out there sometimes. I know you have also had mic issues on SC. This cam also gets pretty hot. The company says that's normal. I think there are going to be drawbacks to any webcam. They have come a long way in improvement in a short period of time.

I hope upgrading your RAM helps. I bet it will.

Esixxx
Hustler
Reactions:

Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:32 pm

CarmenRose wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:03 am
Esixxx wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:35 am

Oh no!! I know you haved worked many hours on the settings. I'm sure your stream looks just fine. I think we are way more picky than the guys are. lol

I get what you're saying about it affecting your mental health. Camming has been a real mind f#@k lately.

I like the Tiny2 but there have also been a few issues with it. I traded in the original because of firmware issues. This new one's picture quality is better. I'm leaving all the picture settings on auto.

My video went black once during a private on Streamate. Hopefully that was a fluke. I like the Tiny's mic but it doesn't work on Stripchat. My Yeti even cuts out there sometimes. I know you have also had mic issues on SC. This cam also gets pretty hot. The company says that's normal. I think there are going to be drawbacks to any webcam. They have come a long way in improvement in a short period of time.

I hope upgrading your RAM helps. I bet it will.
We just have to wear so many hats with camming and keeping up with technology too.

I bet it was a fluke because SM (need I say more :lol: ) We have a lot of options now with webcams than we did before- which is nice- but adjusting to the learning curve takes some time. I agree with you there will be some drawbacks on any webcam. It's just nice to have a remote.

The microphone issue hasn't been happening to me as often on SC lately- but my stream disconnects once in a while.

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:20 pm

@Esixxx Same! My stream disconnects on SC randomly also. Luckily it has not happened in private (knock wood). I'm glad that your mic isn't cutting out anymore on SC. (knock wood again) lol

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:44 am

How is everyone doing tech wise? I just upgraded everything except for my camera I had already purchased. I spent 90 minutes on the phone with a tech support person who knows less than I do. I damaged his ego. I finally got it done myself.

My picture is very clear but I'm broke😂. Thank goodness for tax deductions.