How much did you spend on plastic surgery and what sort of work did you get done?

Your body your business! Everything body related goes here: exercise, surgery, clothing, products, etc.

Moderator: Genoveve

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:06 pm

Cashmere Star;3288940 wrote:Thinking of getting some work done and it would cost around 60k for everything I want. I am wondering if I am nuts and if anyone else spent this much.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:09 pm

Cutie101;3288945 wrote:You're not nuts if you make money with this. I am turning 30 this year and definitely will save this amount to get a face lift and other procedures when I hit the 40's.
I haven't had anything done, but I am planning to spend $15k on breast implants (waiting to have kids first), blepharoplasty, some lip plumping, double chin removal (no matter how thin I am, I have a double chin) and eventually a waist remodel if post pregnancy leaves me with that mommy pooch.

I'd also like a jaw surgery, because my face goes downwards in the right side, even my mouth is going downwards, but I need to talk to a surgeon to see if this can be fixed, how can be fixed and how much it does cost.

Those procedures aren't a luxury, they are an investment that bring money so... go ahead!

I am also curious about what others done.
Cashmere Star;3288949 wrote:Not just money at the club but also having a better quality of life. Being treated better. Having more options of friends. Dating better men.
whirlerz;3288952 wrote:Well, this may not fit here.. I saw a cl ad (I know) for under eye filler, I'd get paid 50.00 to let Dr try a new filler or something, Kind of scared tho
Jaden F;3288955 wrote:ive spent in the region of £28k on on facial feminization surgery and breast implants
miss.a.p1600;3289004 wrote:Do what makes you feel good and what you can afford.

Me personally I am scared shitless of cosmetic surgical procedures but I will get some fillers or lasers. I don’t think I’d spend more than 5k in a single year for these things. It might get more costly as I age.
Genoveve;3289054 wrote:Not sure what I've spent, the only SURGERIES I have had were boob jobs and I know I'm well over 20k. Maybe over 30k.

What exactly are you wanting to have done? If you can easily afford to spend 60k on surgery I don't see the problem, but if you can't afford it and are thinking you'll easily be able to make the money back and then some once you have the surgery I wouldn't take that risk. Also a lot of sugeries require maintenance and their results are not permanent, so keep that in mind as well.

This is what's concerning. You don't have to look a certain way to attain a better quality of life, to attract better treatment from people, to attract more friends, to get better men. If you're thinking your looks will magically fix all of these things I think you will be in for a rude awakening, and depending on what your issues are in these areas I could actually see them getting worse.

Also, how old are you? When I was younger I wanted a ton of plastic surgery and I'm glad I couldn't afford it because I would have ended up regretting it.
charlie61;3289079 wrote:Totally understand the mentality of, "if I'm better looking, I'll attract better men, friends, etc." I've always thought that, the better looking you are, the more likely you are to attract fake/shallow people into your life. Like, when i think of celebrities and models, i legit feel grateful that i don't have that level of attractiveness to worry about. I'm glad i can choose to downplay my appearance or play it up, depending on the effect i want to have on others.

Just some thoughts from me! ♡

I would guess you'll be forced to move slowly with the surgeries, as i don't imagine $60k of work could be done all at once. So hopefully you'll be able to prioritize what you want, and change what you want based on your wallet, how your body is changing, all of that good stuff.
eagle2;3289085 wrote:I don't know whether or not money is an issue for you, but if it is, you can probably get the same surgeries for a lot less money in another country, like Costa Rica or Thailand.
charlie61;3289095 wrote:Sorry, Cashmere Star, i just realized that we're kind of derailing the thread.

You're asking for how much we've spent on surgeries ourselves!

I got a rhino like 10 years ago from a big shot Chicago surgeon for...$5200, i think? It was less expensive than what i was expecting.

And that's it! I'm about to turn 34.
Cashmere Star;3289174 wrote:Noooo it sounds shady lol don't do it

I am almost 30. Most people don't *need* plastic surgery to live a normal and happy life. I don't think good looks are a panacea but I think they can definitely help one get through doors.

I might get the following:
Rhino - 7k-10k
Eye lift - 7k
Mini face/neck lift - 30k
Boob job - around 15k for a decent one. Kinda on fence about this one due to the immunity issues it can cause and I am a bit scared about how it would affect my workouts if I do under-the-muscle. I might just go for saline over the muscle but I don't necessarily feel like I need this.

Before I get any work done I am focusing on honing down my body fat percentage first and regularly using my microcurrent device at home.
charlie61;3289180 wrote:^let me know what you think of microcurrent! I'm back to using mine daily, but i always question if it's a total scam as a home device. I think it causes very subtle changes over time. LED masks have more data supporting them, and i use that daily as well...
Genoveve;3289378 wrote:This makes me feel better for you, these are not the drastic procedures that I was expecting and at 30 you're probably not as naive as I was fearing. I think you're wise to wait till your weight is where you want it since weight loss affects how all of those things look, noses can even look completely different with weight loss.
Cashmere Star;3289526 wrote:Wait, if these aren't drastic procedures then what is? I thought anything that puts you under anesthesia is pretty serious.
Cutie101;3289633 wrote:Actually, there are more drastic procedures. Yeah 20 years ago those would have been seen as drastic, but nowadays, the technology is so advanced that, even if you are under anesthesia, the recovery is quick and the chances of getting botched/ having an unsuccesful surgery, aren't as big. Everyone has access to them now, not just celebrities.

Drastic stuff would be if you completely modify your face shape, like shaving your jaw, or getting a face implant, modifying your eyes shape, etc. Idk, stuff like that. What you want is what we all want: preserving our youth and refining the face features here and there. Boobs jobs and rhinoplasty are something super common nowadays, most of the surgeons are specialized on it.

In fact, idk if there's something drastic nowadays. I presonally have a face diformity, it's not that visible, but it is in the same time: my jaw goes downwards among with my lips corner, on the right side. Now this would be something drastic if I wanted to change, because I assume I'd have to have my whole skull/ jaw repositioned on the right side, aka... lifted up, probably shaved to match the left side, etc. And this is something I have no courage to do, unless I have $200k in my pocket to spend on the top of the top surgeons in this world, because I don't wanna play with that. The risks are immense, from risking to have a nerve touched and completely paralize my side of face, to a botched result. I'd do it only if there would be a device, a robot or something that can scan my face and replicate this surgery in 3d and I'd see how I am (realistically) supposed to look like.
Thankfully, it's not in your eye, unless you pay attention, so I learned to live with it, but it bothers me sometimes and I'd do it if I had more money and I'd be sure the result is good.
Cashmere Star;3289705 wrote:Yeah jaw surgery seems pretty intense, but IMO it probably would affect a person's appearance more than any other facial surgery would. I wanted it to push my lower face forward until my orthodontist told me not to do it and that I am better off getting oral space aligners and then invisalign instead. Have you tried something like this?

I have an overbite, which I believe affects my whole face and is the reason why my lower face has a bit of that "sagging" look, puffy cheeks, and a hook nose. I am not horrendous, I look like a normal person, but I wouldn't say I am a stunner either. I am getting invisalign soon and not going to get any cosmetic procedures done until I finish my ortho treatment and get to an athletic shape.
AlluringDancer;3289734 wrote:Veneers round 1: 2,500

Veneers round 2: 5,000

Hyaluronic fillers, throughout the years (lips, undereyes, cheeks, nasolabial folds) = 4,000

Laser Genesis = 300

Fraxel laser = 2,800

IPL laser = 420

Laser hair removal = 3,300

Microneedling = 380

Breast implants round 1
Liposuction round 1
Buccal fat removal
= 5,500 (South America)

Rhinoplasty
Chin implant
= 4,000 (South America)

Permanent fillers - Bellafill (undereyes, nasolabial folds, chin, cheeks, nose, & acne scars)
= 5,000 (USA)

Liposuction round 2
= 7,000 (USA)

Breast implants round 2 (size increase)
= 11,000 (USA)

Butt implants
Chin liposuction
= 5,000 (South America)

Total: 56,200
Total if you only count surgeries: 32,500
charlie61;3289746 wrote:^I'm curious which type of laser you found to give the most dramatic results!
Genoveve;3289939 wrote:This is pretty much what I meant, and with the procedures Cashmere is talking about she's still going to look like a normal person afterwards too. Like she might not even look like she's had any work done to the average person, I was originally thinking she meant like a total body overhaul and BBL and was going to look plastic afterwards.
Cashmere Star;3289943 wrote:Oh yeah, I guess the stuff I want isn't that drastic (but still expensive!!!!). I like the "was she born like that?" aesthetic.

Is 30 too young for a lower face lift? The plastic surgeon I spoke to recommended it but idk if he just wants money.
Genoveve;3289944 wrote:^^My friend had that done in her late 20s.
Cashmere Star;3290019 wrote:I have the Clareblend Mini, what do you have?

Interesting. I wonder if she had similar issues as me (I think it's my facial structure that just creates a sagging look). Who was the doctor?
Genoveve;3290035 wrote:^^^I forget his name but I believe it was the LJCSC surgeon who died years ago. He had glasses, and I seem to remember her saying that she had to talk him into doing it because he felt like she was too young. Random fact but I think he was the same surgeon of hers who was married to Stephanie Seymour's mother.

ETA narrow faces, lack of cheekbones and jaw do tend to be prone to sagging, even when young. Same issue here.
AlluringDancer;3290598 wrote:Fraxel for sure. Laser Genesis is for anti-aging--I didn't see any results. It didn't cause a lot of trauma to my skin, which is necessary for new collagen formation. On the other hand, Fraxel leaves your skin red and sensitive for several days. It completely got rid of my red hyperpigmented acne scars in three sessions. Next, I plan up try the fractional C02 laser, I believe it's a bit different from Fraxel, and stronger. IPL is always great to spot treat any freckles (sun spots) that crop up on the face. I also used the IPL laser on a liposuction scar (little brown dot), and it completely got rid of it.
Cashmere Star;3290619 wrote:I did a consultation with a plastic surgeon and the quote for a face lift is 100k, but IMO it would correct a lot of the issues I have with my face. My face isn't saggy due to age, but due to facial structure and TMJ issues. The muscles are puffy and there's some natural sagging that I had since I was in my teens (like marionette lines). The procedure is called a "lift" but the surgeon explained it more like a muscle repositioning to give me the more chiseled look that I desired to open up my eyes and make my cheekbones pop. The surgeon worked on other relatively young people in their 30's, he worked on this woman who was 34 years old and he used her as an example a lot during our consultation. I would compare it to the same reason why Bella Hadid got a "lift" though she was fine before, like it's not due to aging but to get a more snatched look.

I really like the surgeon's portfolio because it had before/after with drastic results, and also includes photos of the patients 10-15 years later. He does "deep plane" face lifts (he didn't call it that but I know that's what it is), but holy shit the price. I really enjoyed the consultation, he was really comprehensive about how to go about achieving the results I want while looking natural at the same time. He noticed that compared to the photos I sent him, my cheeks aren't actually that puffy in real life and my jaws are more defined, and explained why I looked so different in my photos and how his procedure would correct it. He held my face muscles back a certain way while his nurse took pictures to show what he meant. I told him how other people have recommended fixing specific parts of my face and I disagreed because I sensed that just fixing the eye or just fixing the nose would throw the whole face off if done wrong. I told him what I want, and he explained the procedure he recommended and how it would help me achieve what I want. I wouldn't say quite yet that he is trying to sell me something that wouldn't help me, but his pricing is ridiculously expensive. He charges like $30k per area of the face (there were 4 areas he charges for and he recommended 3 of them to achieve what I wanted). Maybe it's hard to find a good doctor who has a good eye for this sort of stuff and looks at how the whole face works together. I am booking consultations with other plastic surgeons to see what they're like and make sure I am not being overly impressed with this first plastic surgeon.

I just wish it was easier to find someone who can shape the muscles in the face, has a good portfolio of long lasting results, has a portfolio with younger people and not just people in 50's and beyond, but also cheaper. If I was a millionaire and I knew this surgeon isn't going to fuck up my face, I would do it, but you don't just find 100k anywhere.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:12 pm

Genoveve;3290647 wrote:^^^Wow I assumed the 100k was a typo till I kept reading.
Cashmere Star;3290658 wrote:Yeah unfortunately not a typo. I wish it was 10k lmao not 100k. So many thoughts went through my head.

How much will a 100k face job change my life? Is it worth it?

Will a 100k face job pay for itself throughout my life? How badly is my current face holding me back from getting what I want?

Can I get the same or similar face job somewhere else for cheaper? What else can I spend 100k on?

What if I get the face job, and then only shortly after get into some accident that destroys my face and I don't get to enjoy the results for long? Yet have to continue paying off that 100k.

The surgeon offered to operate on only a portion of my face and prioritize what I want to get fixed the most so I can stay within what I can afford. I want to do it all though.

A better face will help me more than getting a nice car. It will help me more than getting a house at this stage of life.

I am not someone who thinks that too deeply about my face. I only thought of plastic surgery because my parents brought up a laundry list of things they want me to get plastic surgery for, while also saying I look deformed. Is my face so ugly that even my own parents want me to get plastic surgery? I asked them if they wanted my other siblings to get work done too and they were like "no, they're already attractive". My relatives hinted at me being ugly throughout my life and compared me to my female siblings whenever I "glowed up". I was the only child who bought my own car (a used car), put myself through community college and then online school, while my siblings had new cars bought for them, homes put under their names, and had private universities paid for. My (no longer) friend jokingly-not-jokingly said "men will fuck anything" regarding my face.

and I understand what he's talking about. I can tell I am treated differently than a lot of other people based on how I look, and I feel like my intelligence, merit, and personality are overlooked.
Genoveve;3290666 wrote:Well seeing as how we're now talking about potentially well over $120,000 I'm going to go with this being a nuttier idea. It doesn't sound like you're currently dancing, when you did what were you averaging in a year? When is the last time you danced? How much are you expecting to pull in once you get all this work done and what data would you be relying on for those numbers?

How much money would you be expecting to make per year for how many years for it to more than pay for itself? (I'm assuming that after spending 6 figures on surgeries and recovery you're going to want a return on your investment)

Probably not honestly. It sounds like you have a romanticized vision of what your life is going to magically look like once you have your desired appearance, and it's probably not going to happen. There's all kinds of women out there that you would consider gorgeous that do not have these things:

And there's all kinds of women that you would consider straight-up unattractive that do. I'm not saying that pretty priviledge isn't real, but it's not a panacea.

Probably not as much as your mindset is. You've said that you were a stripper and enjoyed it and liked making money off of how good your body looked, so you must not be that hideous otherwise you wouldn't have had such a positive experience. Like I said, there's women you'd consider unattractive that have what you want.

This thread completely contradicts this.

It really sounds like with plastic surgery you're doing the opposite of what is always advised which is to not do it for anyone else and to only do it for you. You are saying you want it because you have a complex about your face that your family's bullying created and you think it will attract to you better friends and partners.

Like I said, pretty priviledge is real and I am pro-plastic surgery and 10000% believe that changing your looks can increase your quality of life, but it's not an automatic fix-all and seeing as how you seem to be coming from a place of extreme insecurity I think you're going to be very disappointed when you're in debt and realize that not much has changed.
Cashmere Star;3290677 wrote:I danced on-and-off at dive bars, so I don't have an annual number. But I would say if I danced 2-3 a week consistently, it would be like $3000/month. This was 6 years ago, I haven't returned to the clubs yet.

I already have the capital to comfortably pay off the surgery, but it's still 100k. I am looking at other surgeons in the meantime.

The ROI was more about what happens outside the club. I doubt there would be much difference at the club because it's dark and the focus is on the body, and I did fine with my current face. Maaaaaybe it might "help my confidence" and help me earn more, but I am more focused on looking good body-wise. Or maybe I am wrong and it will boost my income, who knows.

It's not the panacea since there are still tons of attractive women with shitty lives and a lot of happy average or even ugly women, but if you can get ahead looks-wise without destroying your finances, why not? A great personality and conversation skills aren't a panacea either, but we still try to cultivate it. The reason why people try to discourage plastic surgery is because it cost money and it's inherently risky.

I am not hideous, just average

I do now after my own parents brought it up, but for the previous years of my life I haven't given it much thought. I wouldn't take on the laundry list they gave me (and they offered to pay for these procedures) because I disagree that I need them, but I thought of my own face and was like "well, it'd be nice if I can do...."

I do okay in life, but I want better for myself. Just because I think I can look better and get treated better doesn't mean I have a complex. I've lived in my skin 24/7, and I trust my guts. I already got treated differently based on working out regularly, and it isn't because my personality changed or because I am more "confident".

We will never know if much will change unless I actually go through with it. There's no guarantee that not much will change either. But plastic surgery is expensive, and it's risky.
whirlerz;3290694 wrote:Which one do you like better, charlie?

I've had a mild stroke, not sure if I should be using the micro.

Tho the led's are pricey I think they work better tho?
whirlerz;3290976 wrote:Anyway, thank you Cazmere Star, I can't find my quote, but I thought that under eye filler Dr sounded off too.
WonderWoman0642;3291185 wrote:Interesting thread! I haven't had any work done but I'm considering a boob job eventually. But I would be doing it just for my career-I like my boobs and wouldn't consider it otherwise. BUT I also like the idea looking of looking like Barbie lol. I follow some models who are very pro plastic surgery and into the whole "bimbofication" thing. I feel like some girls take it to a more extreme level (always getting work done). It looks like it can be addicting for some?

Sorry to thread jack, I just find it interesting. To the OP, good luck with whatever you decide!
charlie61;3291710 wrote:I have the Dr. Dennis Gross mask and the Nuface microcurrent. The mask is way easier to keep as a daily habit. I'd love to upgrade my mask to the Deesse Pro - waiting for black Friday.

I do feel like i notice results with microcurrent, but i wouldn't recommend it to anyone, because even i struggle to make it a daily habit. You have to deal with the conductive gel, which isn't a big deal, but it can feel like a chore to go through the process.

I'm sorry to hear about your stroke, whirlerz. :(
SilkySmoothSally;3291799 wrote:That is crazy!!! My girl got 25k done and she was bruised and couldnt moved for weeks. She look like she got hit by a car.
kortneykay;3295970 wrote:Try going overseas, OP. I'm up to $7-12k. Not including moving country and paying nurses, rent in 2 places, flights and living expenses. Went to the Dominican Republic, then switched to Turkey to lower my living costs. Tummy Tuck, Arm Lift, lipo.
gemininight;3315210 wrote:Anyone go overseas for lipo and soft edging?