Archived when your filing taxes what do you tell the accountant it is what you do for work?

Camming Connection: Our virtual home for "virtual" strippers! Get the ins-and-outs of webcam modeling here.
EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:22 pm

mishimishi;2872269 wrote:Hi everyone

im going to H&R block tomorrow to file my taxes and as a camgirl im not entirely sure what to say what it is I do when the accountant asks me.

Like last year the accountant was like "oh your self employed, ok, what is it you do?'
and I said "im a self employed online entertainer"
accountant: "okay but doing what?"
Me: "Im an online adult entertainer"
accountant: "UMMM....................OK THEN"

when you file your taxes as a camgirl and your asked this question, what do you say?
-"im a camgirl' (and if you say this, what if the accountant doesnt know what you mean? then what do you say?)
-"im an onliner adult entertainer"
Im not sure what to say exactly when they ask me tomorrow is all so its not all awkward and stuff

Any help would be real appreciated!

(Im going to h&r block, I dont want to file on my own or go anywhere else, its just easiest for me to get to and get it over with so Im not looking for suggestions to file at other places because everyone on here always tells me to just file on my own or to go somewhere else XD )
mishimishi;2872269 wrote:Hi everyone

im going to H&R block tomorrow to file my taxes and as a camgirl im not entirely sure what to say what it is I do when the accountant asks me.

Like last year the accountant was like "oh your self employed, ok, what is it you do?'
and I said "im a self employed online entertainer"
accountant: "okay but doing what?"
Me: "Im an online adult entertainer"
accountant: "UMMM....................OK THEN"

when you file your taxes as a camgirl and your asked this question, what do you say?
-"im a camgirl' (and if you say this, what if the accountant doesnt know what you mean? then what do you say?)
-"im an onliner adult entertainer"
Im not sure what to say exactly when they ask me tomorrow is all so its not all awkward and stuff

Any help would be real appreciated!

(Im going to h&r block, I dont want to file on my own or go anywhere else, its just easiest for me to get to and get it over with so Im not looking for suggestions to file at other places because everyone on here always tells me to just file on my own or to go somewhere else XD )

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:24 pm

icamthereforeiam;2872270 wrote:My tax guy filed it as intertnet entertainer. I went to a private tax guy not a big h and r block.
luvnrockets;2872271 wrote:Tell the truth.

"I am a webcam model." If they don't know what this means, say "I perform adult webcam shows on the internet."

It's important that they understand what you do so they can help you make appropriate tax write-offs.

It might be awkward for the accountant, but don't give a fuck. This is their job, and your job is legal, so who cares?
lSexyS2;2872272 wrote:Mine was very helpful, she was even giving me tips on what I can and cant get tax back on, if you are in the UK I can give you her contact, affordable, friendly and happy to talk to you over the phone on any questions. Being a woman made me feel more comfortable also, but that's just me. I found her reference on here also.
BambiCutie;2872275 wrote:When I emailed a few accountant prior regarding taxes they stated they didn't care what I did for work, so long as everything is saved and collected on my end. If you can't inform them about what you do for work without a snot reply, just get up and leave.. (There are also some cam friendly accountants online too)
Marina Starr;2872276 wrote:I tell my accountant I am the Head Hoe/CE-Hoe.
Glamourmilf;2872285 wrote:H&R block won't do taxes for adult businesses. At least that's what they told me.
I've been using turbo tax for a few years, and they are awesome!. I put online customer service.
I wouldn't put that I do anything adult biz related.
Why? What do I show prospective landlords? Future anyone who needs to see my tax returns?
My new bank actually needed to see my tax returns.
DonaDiabla;2872297 wrote:I would just say that I am a freelance entertainer. I do not mention any adult stuff while filing your taxes. However, I do my own taxes by using taxact.com and it works for me. Also, Glamourmilf is right about H&R Block not wanting to do adult entertainers' taxes. However, it could be just a regional thing as well. However, I would try to find accountants who are more adult friendly or at least self-employed friendly.If anyone asks about my profession on my tax returns, I just say psychic entertainment and people just smile :)
KatyBoleyn;2872500 wrote:IRS recognizes "Internet Broadcaster" as a job code - covers everything from Twitch streamers to Youtube personalities to cammodels.
gingerstcyr;2874833 wrote:This guy
JessRyan;2874864 wrote:hahaha, My finaicail guy sent me to a really good tax guy. They know each other and are really cool. I have to be straight with my guy because he needs to understand my job and help me with any little deduction I can get. I told him straight up. "Hey, I'm a cam-model, you know Chaturbate? My Free Cams? That's me" There has to be trust and honesty for me when it comes to this stuff. These guys are handling my money, my affairs and need me to be open about my line of work. They are professsional at what they do, and so am I. And I'm too old to care what people think. And it's not illegal. My husband was right there in the office with me. I told my financial guy too. Just so he knows why I have so much cash to put into a 529 plan for college. I don't give a shit, and I get a laugh thinking of them both scrambling to figure out my tax forms, matching form to camsite name. Then maybe getting online to see if they can find me. In the voice of He Man "I have the POOOOWWWER" hahahha
punker_barbie;2875426 wrote:If an accountant won't let you write off your make-up and toys, it's probably not the right fit!
KatyBoleyn;2875436 wrote:Its normally because its illegal (except in very narrow cases) and if it ever does go to audit it will bite him in the ass.

Its not about what they "let you do", its about how good they are at following and knowing the rules. Some are experienced enough that they know how to negotiate their way out of an audit, some aren't willing to risk the hassle. The most common trick for the CPA I worked for was to let the clients bring in all their receipts, he nodded his head and said "Great, you bethchya!" and the promptly threw about 80% in the trash when the client left. The client would come in later bragging about all his write-offs he sneaked in, while a clean tax return went to the IRS.
JessieCox;2875777 wrote:Exactly!
Serena-Shields;2875782 wrote:You're paying them for their work. Why give a fuck what they think?
cyberstripper;2875844 wrote:Not always true. Makeup must be a specific kind of makeup for film use. Revlon, Maybelline, even higher end products just will not do....the makeup must be for film use. Toys may not be deemed as reasonable and necessary expenses, because they can be used outside of work. Props, like whips, floggers etc. are questionable. Outfits like regular bra and panty sets are a no no as well. If you shop at showgirl supply stores, etc, or buy dancer wear it is another story. Costumes are the way to go when purchasing outfits because they cannot be worn outside of your working environment. It really depends on the accountant what they will say, also...so it makes things even more complicated and often comes down to the personal opinion of your accountant, which may be right or wrong. I know of some girls that expense packs of cigarettes, but there is no way in hell I would take that risk lol. I only expense office supplies, professional cleaning supplies, my fees for my studio rental, general office décor (not sheets or blankets), professional back drops (cant deduct normal furniture, bedding, beds, etc., professional film quality makeup, my business phone, etc. I never expense toys or every day lingerie and outfits, nails and store bought makeup. If u take a home office deduction you can only deduct the area that your desk would take up in the room. Although we as camgirls need beds, sheets, etc...there is still a grey area and the irs will not see it that way. There are specifics when deducting a home office, so you must do so with caution and need evidence (pictures) just in case. If you are claiming a bedroom as a home office you could have a lot of trouble. Look at it this way, your home office should be decorated as a regular office in their eyes. A desk, clock, phone, and perhaps a few chairs and or a small couch purchased at an office supply store is your best bet.
cyberstripper;2876013 wrote:Forgot to add if you are using other titles for your privacy, such as online consultant, internet marketing, internet sales, customer service....there is no way you could expense make up, outfits and toys with that job title.
miamia4me;2876364 wrote:I took a tax class with my boyfriend and actually ended up working at the tax office for a couple years until I moved. Something to throw on the ol' resume and it was good experience, I have been doing my own taxes since. It is quite easy especially if you have no excessive deductions, dependants, etc. I use receipts for laptop and internet. Keep it short and simple, I know what an audit is like, just put online customer service. If you don't feel comfortable doing your own taxes, all you really have to tell them is you deal with customer service for websites. They don't need to know much more than that, it will still cover internet, laptop costs for deductions. I don't feel comfortable taking deductions for toys and shoes and random stuff like that because the IRS will argue you don't technically NEED to buy those items to make money, but you NEED a pc/internet.