Phone sex operator support thread

ARCHIVED PSO SUPPORT, phone sex tips from STRIPPERWEB
EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:05 am

DonaDiabla;3040538 wrote:There is no need to become a doormat just because you are doing adult entertainment. While many phone sex guys are nice and sweet, there are many who behaved like savages beasts such as the necro guys or those into bestiality. So, my advice is to block, report if you need to, and put men in the place if you can't take the bullshit. Why do I put people in their places as an pso? Because I have been doing this 13 1/2 years, I don't play the doormat game with men, this my business, I run my life with an iron fist,and I have tons of great respectful clients.Personally,I don't dwell on losing my cool because tomorrow another day and most of my phone sex clientele are sweeties. :)
I apologize if this is in the wrong place or has already been posted. I looked and only saw one for Webcam comebacks. And since it seems "The Niteflirt Thread" is in this section... well...tada! lol

Anyway, as a future PSO, I'm wondering what your go to comebacks are for the douches and jerks. And when I say that I mean... the 2 responses/ routes one could take for the comeback. One to remain civil, helpful, and understanding. (And hopefully keep the customer engaged with you.) And the other being the complete F U. Maybe there's a top 10 list around here? (I know responses are pretty much throughout peoples posts. I was just hoping to have something I can come back to and quickly.)

I know there are probably going to be times I just hang up or lose my cool. But in the times that can be avoided... I would prefer to avoid it if possible.

1: Would you mind sharing some of your experiences in these moments that stand out to you? What do you say as far as your comebacks? Both civil and not so civil. lol Or... what might have you said differently in restrospect. What sometimes IS the more "proper" thing to say when we are on the fence as to how to judge the situation? I mean... theres obv no real way to plan ahead because every call will be different... but... if nothing else... to at least have a few stock answers I can pull out of my hat so I feel a bit more prepared... would be really appreciated.

I guess I should also add that... the comebacks also represent our personas. I am a Switch but may just need to stay Dominant on Niteflirt. I am sensitive (currently struggling with Depression and PMDD.) and so may need my Dominant side to stay active for at least the time being. It's helped me keep control better of various situations already in chat rooms.

So.. if maybe you could add what you do... and come from THAT stand point... that might help even moreso.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:07 am

DonaDiabla;3040542 wrote:Sorry but that is not how phone sex works for everyone. Phone sex varies from place to place. For example, the British market is totally different than the American phone sex market. The British market of Adultwork has a bit more gentlemanly guys compare to American sites like TTM and NF.There are tons of rude and gross customers in phone sex. They love pushing newbies buttons as well. It does not help being a Pollyanna about the matter either. For example, what shall happen when guys want tickle torture than they want to talk about bestiality? Here's my point, just be firm, don't let them press your boundaries, and you will be okay. Dive in and you will love it.
True! I tend to overthink things. The repoire I already have with people that share my fetish... in 4 years I've only had a handful of people be rude.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:09 am

CapturedDoll;3040546 wrote:It's funny you say that. Tickle Torture is my kink and what I will be specializing in. :)

Beastiality is definetly a hard limit. I have zero tolerance already for those interactions. I guess I just have to put that zero tolerance in place for most everything. There's no way to survive in this otherwise. Thats why I need to hear things like this. Great points. And... I didn't really consider the needs of International callers much. (I have but... not zero'd in on as of yet.) So much to learn.... it's ok. I have plenty of time. :) Your insight is very much appreciated Dona and Ladies. It's a lot to take in and process. I knew it would be.

And yeah... becoming a doormat is the LAST thing I want to be.
It's funny you say that. Tickle Torture is my kink and what I will be specializing in.

Beastiality is definetly a hard limit. I have zero tolerance already for those interactions. I guess I just have to put that zero tolerance in place for most everything. There's no way to survive in this otherwise. Thats why I need to hear things like this. Great points. And... I didn't really consider the needs of International callers much. (I have but... not zero'd in on as of yet.) So much to learn.... it's ok. I have plenty of time. Your insight is very much appreciated Dona and Ladies. It's a lot to take in and process. I knew it would be.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:10 am

One more tip, CapturedDoll. You don't have to do every fetish to be successful. You can pick and choose the fetishes that you are most comfortable with.It is good that you are thinking about hard limits.

Quote Originally Posted by CapturedDoll View Post
It's funny you say that. Tickle Torture is my kink and what I will be specializing in.

Beastiality is definetly a hard limit. I have zero tolerance already for those interactions. I guess I just have to put that zero tolerance in place for most everything. There's no way to survive in this otherwise. Thats why I need to hear things like this. Great points. And... I didn't really consider the needs of International callers much. (I have but... not zero'd in on as of yet.) So much to learn.... it's ok. I have plenty of time. Your insight is very much appreciated Dona and Ladies. It's a lot to take in and process. I knew it would be.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:11 am

Kandigrace,

I will talk about dispatcher work. It has been a few years but this what I personally know.Places hiring dispatchers often are Palm Island,PSB Associates, and LDW Group. I believe that Chloe had an dispatcher program as well but I am not sure. Anyways, your dispatching duties will depend on your company's needs and can include many different things such as credit card processing. You often work 40 to 60 hours and they will often want 2 and more years of being an sold phone sex operator.
This might include a look at your dispatch and platform characters.Also, you need more than one phone, high speed internet, need to know most phone sex lingo, and personal references. You and the owner must get along because they put their trust in you. Also, they often want girls without any accents because back in the day....guys hated talking to dispatchers with more "ethnic" and "regional" accents. I had an hard time with some of those "Upper-crust" guys due to my own accent as dispatcher. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Kandigrace View Post
Hi

I just had a semi long talk with one of my callers and he brought up the idea of starting my own PSO business on Niteflirt. I am not even sure if that is what i want to do, just came here to get some advice.

I think i want to primarily do this because i am tired. I know that PSO's are not supposed to complain about our jobs but its literally beginning to wear on me.

I keep working for these bosses who act like pimps and want my life to revolve around this business. I am sick of making 30 to 40 cents a minute. I am sick of making 20 cents a minute through TTM. I am sick of having to work 6 or 7 companies. I am so tired of being screamed at cause i forget to log out.

I worked for one company where i was making a $1 a minute and that chick was rude as hell and expected me to sit by the phone all day when the damn company was not even that busy. I would maybe get like 1 call every 4 days. I went through a major crisis and that bitch was not sympathetic at all.

I just started a company that deducts $4 if you miss a call. I can understand 50 cents or $1 but not $4. $4 screams that you want to rip off the girls while still promoting a squeaky clean image.

It seems as though i always have a problem no matter what PSO company i work at and i think that is primarily cause there are certain things that i will not deal with or do. Honestly after 3 and a half years of being a PSO, i am literally almost at my damn wits end.

I would love to be my own boss and treat my girls fairly and pay them a good amount of money and run a good clean business. I don't want to act like a pimp and treat my girls like shit while paying what is basically shit.

How would I go about starting a PSO business through Niteflirt? What would I need in order to start a PSO business through Niteflirt? If I cant start a business through Niteflirt, what companies are hiring Dispatch? What companies are training to do dispatch? I want to do more than just be a PSO.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:12 am

queenelayliah;3079605 wrote:Hi you guys so after reading the sticky about safety and taking precautions im now paranoid and freaking myself out after reading how companies sell information im scared heres the deal.

So In the past I have joined a few phone sex comaonies that required me to submit copies of my social security card and drivers license. 1) Phonestars 2) Lip service Inc. 3) a start up company that never started and 4) Club tel. I found all of this comaonies from the website sexyjobs.com

Now back in june i wasnt able to complete my weekly requirements with phonestars and they locked my account. They wont respond to me at all. Granted I have always been paid on time i just think that's highly unprofessional to not even tell the girl shes fired and dont respond to her inquires. Now im worried if its a scam company. I looked into them a little bit before applying but i didnt find much about them. But with their lack of professionalism for the last damn near 4 months im scared.

Heres my question to you guys. 1) Is it common for a phone sex company to demand and ask for a copy of your social security card? 2) Have any of you heard of these companies or anyone working for them?

Is there any other way to vet a company as legit before signing up with them and giving away your private information.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:14 am

KiaraK;3079816 wrote:Always do a quick search of the forums before signing up with a site. If there is no feedback and you can’t find any info start a thread about said company, before handing over info. Sometimes there is no info because a company is new. But I’ve heard of PhoneStars being shady. I signed up but did not take calls as they started spamming me constantly with messages all hours of the night. However, I never had to give a copy of my SSN or card. Even NF and TTM don’t have these requirements.
WendiStarr;3080432 wrote:Be careful with sexyjobs. Just because a company is listed on there does not make them legit. Any Tom, Dick, or Harry can create a job listing on there. They don't check credentials or make sure that anyone is a legit company or employer at all. I've had countless of crusty pervs with cameras/fauxtographers contact me through sexyjobs. Not one of them have a website or anything and nothing could be found through googling. If in doubt search companies through here. If no one has heard of them on here , they could be new or could be a creep pretending to own a business. Any websites that look like they were thrown together by a kid isn't a good sign either(bad spelling and grammar, lack of punctuation, barely anything on website). You can search business names too on BBB.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:17 am

Sweet_Sadie;3100225 wrote:I got caught double-fisting...on the phones, that is!

I had my landline set up for one service, and I had the cell set up for the other service. I'd NEVER tried this before, but I thought to myself, today is gonna be slow on both. I can handle it, right?

WRONG! The worst happened. I was on the landline with a caller, when I get the notification on my cell phone for the other service (NF). Oh no!!! So at one point, I'm trying to talk to both guys, losing my place in the story with the first guy, trying to put him on mute while taking care of the other guy, who seemed to be worried about getting caught.

DOHHH!!!! Have you ever tried to double fist it on the phones, and you got caught? Yes, I know I could have turned myself off on one service while on the other, but I FORGOT TO DO IT!

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:20 am

Nikki_Fox;3102161 wrote:I was curious regarding this also - I dont think the other person was trying to "correct" your language. TTM is just a "platform " to advertise our talker services they are not our employer we are independent contractors
PSOcodemonkey;3102180 wrote:Well, while it might be debatable whether or not we are actually contractors (they issue a 1099-MISC which is usually used for contractors, not a 1099-K used for payment services ), TTM does not view us as contractors or employees.

https://www.talktome.com/news/am-i-an-e ... ktome-com/
Nikki_Fox;3102190 wrote:I suppose my point was more to the fact that we are not employees to be laid off - and since they are using a contractor 1099 to report our earnings............ Interesting that they went to great lengths to say what we are not but never said what we are?? But I did not dig into the TOS/Contract to find the answer - I guess we are Facilitators ;D

I saw a post in the TTM thread from the OP - the OP was deactivated for not answering calls not laid off per se

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:24 am

Nikki_Fox;3102161 wrote:I was curious regarding this also - I dont think the other person was trying to "correct" your language. TTM is just a "platform " to advertise our talker services they are not our employer we are independent contractors
PSOcodemonkey;3102180 wrote:Well, while it might be debatable whether or not we are actually contractors (they issue a 1099-MISC which is usually used for contractors, not a 1099-K used for payment services ), TTM does not view us as contractors or employees.

https://www.talktome.com/news/am-i-an-e ... ktome-com/
Nikki_Fox;3102190 wrote:I suppose my point was more to the fact that we are not employees to be laid off - and since they are using a contractor 1099 to report our earnings............ Interesting that they went to great lengths to say what we are not but never said what we are?? But I did not dig into the TOS/Contract to find the answer - I guess we are Facilitators ;D

I saw a post in the TTM thread from the OP - the OP was deactivated for not answering calls not laid off per se
PhatGirlDynomite!!!;3102540 wrote:Landlines are the only way to ensure a crisp clear connection that sits above 95% in performance. With VoIP services it's really beyond your control. You can reset your modems. I'm not sure why you're not using a direct call to a cell phone?
PSOcodemonkey;3102551 wrote:Quality voip services (with use of a sip compatible phone or ATA) are often better than traditional copper service (assuming you have decent internet service). The reason is phone companies are letting their traditional copper networks basically rot.
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/arti ... fall-apart
PSOcodemonkey;3102552 wrote:If you are using VOIP for work, you really want to use a phone that accepts SIP connections or an unlocked ATA device (analog telephone adapter) such as an Obi, just one of many brands. Also make sure that the phone or ATA, is connected to your internet through your router, not through your computer. If your router has the option, make sure that a certain % of your connection is reserved for your phone or ATA. That way, no matter how much stuff your computer is doing, it will make sure your phone is still going strong. Do not use a soft phone or browser based phone for work. ATA devices are cheap, and allow you subscribe to quality VOIP services that use Tier 1 carriers. SIP compatible phones are now cheaper than they were, esp if you buy used on eBay.

Super cheap and free VOIP services often use the "cheapest route" which will give you service that can sometimes have issues. Do your research on quality services. A really good board to check out for VOIP services, devices, etc is https://www.dslreports.com/forum/voip There are great services that are low cost, but not free and offer great overall quality.

The "skipping" you are experiencing has more to do with your computer than with your internet (most likely) if you are using a soft phone or browser based phone on your computer. Make sure you do not have any programs doing automatic updating, or virus scans, or backups, checking email, or IM service etc while using a soft phone if you are having the skipping issue. If using a soft phone with skipping issues, make sure your computer is basically doing nothing other than than the soft phone. If you are using a VPN, your soft phone connection is going through that as well most likely, which can also cause the "skipping".
Betty Baphomet;3102574 wrote:Thank you for the advice. I'll be looking into this once i scrape up some spending money. If i cant trouble shoot the route cause of this, then i'll be taking a hiatus from this kind of work and come back to it when i have higher quality equipment like a landline or something.
Betty Baphomet;3102579 wrote:Alright problem solved, turns out it was a firefox extension that was causing the problem. Ive read that VPNs and simmilar services can cause the internet connection to take a slight dip in quality because of the fact that it's busy encrypting data. So i turned off the extension and everything is back to normal. No more issues!