Cammodel Technology 2019

Camming Connection: Our virtual home for "virtual" strippers! Get the ins-and-outs of webcam modeling here.
EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:05 am

PhatGirlDynomite!!!;3136748 wrote:I'm creating this thread because we haven't had an updated discussion on Cammodel technology in quite some time. This is the new Cammodel Technology Thread 2019. Technology is always changing blah blah and blah, I think most of us know this. But what some may not realize is that the camsites we stream on are very slow to update their requirement guides. For example I just took a look at one camsites streaming requirement pages and the info was both outdated and vague.

Many of these sites are still suggesting that cammers buy computers with I7 computers with at least 8gb of ram. What they don't mention is that not all I7 Processors are equal and that 8gb of ram is very limiting when you need to run several applications at once. Most camsites only want you to run only the one encoder or application and have very little interest in helping cammers learn how to multitask. To be clear the many applications that you may use as a cammodel that will require lots of ram space are the following:

OBS Classic
OBS Studio
Xsplit Encoder
SMConnect
SMBroadcast
Verysoft
Discord

If you're working on platforms that require you to have multiple browsers open while live streaming this too can require more than 8gb of ram. Sites that may require open browsers in order to get notifications include:

Sextpanther
Niteflirt
Chatfunn

Cammodel Tips For Multitaskers:

The more browsers and applications that you have open the harder your computer will work. This is why it's important to have a powerful processor with as much ram as financially possible. You can keep an eye on your CPU usage by pinning your Task Manager to your taskbar. I suggest keeping it under 40%. If it continuously runs higher than that then this is an indication that your processor isn't strong enough and/or you are running our of ram/memory. You're doing too much and you may need to focus on the one camsite. Log out of a few things...including Stripperweb.
If you provide Indy shows on Skype Or Discord, try downloading those applications to a mobile device instead of your computer. This will free up your memory and will be less disruptive to your live streams. Each time you get a request on skype or discord via your cammodel computer, this can cause your CPU to spike if only for a one minute. During that time you may experience a less than stellar internet connection causing your stream to become pixelated or less clear. Often times the connection will work itself out eventually but at what cost to your chatroom?

What The Hell Is Ram?GB stands for gigabytes and refers to the amount of RAM found within a computer. RAM is also known as the computers memory and can be classified by it’s chip brand or type. What’s most important here is how much RAM/Memory does a computer have and will it allow you to operate the necessary amount of software at once, that’s required to stream successfully. 8gb of Ram is no longer the standard. It's okay if you're just starting out and only want to run one application at a time, but eventually you should aim for 12gb and then 16gb of ram.

Graphic Cards: Integrated vs. Designated Graphics

Integrated graphics is when the GPU (another name for a graphics card) is built into the computers motherboard that shares it’s resources with other components within your cpu. To obtain the highest level of performance and visual quality you’ll need a Dedicated Graphics Card that has it’s own memory that’s separated from the motherboard. When purchasing a computer be sure to look for DEDICATED GRAPHICS with the PC Specifications.

What Kind Of Computer Processor Should I Use For Live Streaming?

Remember up top when I said that not all I7 Processors are created equal? What if I told you that the I7 isn't even the best that Intel has to offer, AND Intel isn't even the only company that creates them? Most camsites will suggest that cammers purchase an I7 processor without mentioning that it's important to state what generation of that unit is the latest. Many of them don't even mention AMD processors.

Intel Processors: Currently Intel is on it's 9th generation of processors and soon to release a 10th. You can identify which family your CPU belongs to by looking at the number directly after the ‘i3’, ‘i5’, ‘i7’ or ‘i9’ in the processor name. An Intel Core i9-9900K is a 9th-generation CPU. Further examples on how to check what generation your intel processor is take a look at this, An i7-8550U is an 8th-generation chipset and the i7-7500U is from the 7th. The first digit after the dash reveals the generation.
AMD Processors: I'm not going to pretend to be an AMD expert but I do know that they are making huge improvements. Many are even saying that they're putting out better processors than Intel. I can however praise them on their Radeon Graphics Cards. From what I gather that because AMD is still overcoming an outdated reputation, laptops with their cpu chips tend to be less expensive than Intel. I'm gonna let these guys on this Youtube video explain it.

https://youtu.be/0rBJtC0L2GQ
Deepthoughts here on Stripperweb is pretty knowledgeable on AMD and you can reach out to her if you have more questions.

Internet Speeds And What's Best For Live Streaming.

It is incredibly important that you understand that we all understand that download speeds are not synonymous with upload speeds. What's most important for cammodel streamers is knowing how fast your upload speed is. Having a high upload speed will also help with multitasking (See Above)as well as transmitting data at a greater rate. Some camsites will say that you should have a minimum upload speed of 3mbps, I disagree. This is okay for Skype or Discord but you try to aim for a minimum of 5mbps. Go for an upload of 10mbps or more if you can get it. Once upon a time an upload speed of 3mbps may have been enough but now in 2019, your're competing against cammodels who are able to get speeds around 20mbps.
Cammodel Tip: When you call your local internet provider (ISP)be sure to specifically ask them what the upload speed is. Be clear and point out that you aren't interested in download speeds. It's the upload that's most important. Often times the customer service representative may not realize that there's even a difference between the two. You're probably going to need to point that out.

Check here for more info on HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT YOUR INTERNET.

What Is The Best Webcam Right Now?

It's 2019 and the Logitech C920 is still going strong! Although more and more models are starting to shift over to the Logitech C922, the C920 retails at a lower price and is still very popular.

Webcams With Remote Controls:

Logitech BCC950- This is also a very popular webcam but I personally find it to be too bulky and not as crisp as the two mentioned above.

4K Webcams:
Logitech Brio- 4K ultra high-def camera offers 5x digital zoom, high frame rates, outstanding low-light performance.

Check out this webcam review on the Logitech Brio vs Logitech C920 vs Logitech C922 so you can decide which one is best for you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Uvraq8G0Qw

It's A GOOD IDEA TO CHANGE OUT YOUR WEBCAM AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR. Every 12 Months!!! If you're frequently experiencing low bitrates, changing your webcam can solve this problem. The more we use them the faster they depreciate.

Can I Use A DSLR Camera As A Webcam?

You sure can! It used to be far more difficult when using this option but now it's extremely easy, IF you have the right equipment. If you have a DSLR Camera made within in the last three years you most likely can use something as simple as a USB capture card to turn your camera into a webcam.
ElGato Camlink Honestly you can get away with buying this one and live happily ever after.
ElGato HD60
ElGato 4K60

There are other options when it comes to capture cards but I'm an ElGato slut and these are the only I'm familiar with. Feel free to add your suggestions down below.

Helpful Threads And Articles That Can Help With Your Cammodel Business:

How To Soften Your Webcam Settings: https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showt ... t-FOR-C920
The All About Cammodel Lighting Thread: https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showt ... t-Lighting
Let's Talk Microphones: https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showt ... ICROPHONES
Travel Camming, Hot Spots, AirBnB & Hotels: https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showt ... p-Hotspots
Sex Toys & Toy Safetly: https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showt ... Toy-Safety

I'm running out of steam and it's getting late. But If I missed anything please fill free to add to this thread. One last point that I'd like to make before I log off is, you DO NOT need the latest and greatest Cammodel Technology in order to make money in this industry. However if you want to remain competitive and earn more money, it's important to learn more about your technological capabilities as well as your shortcomings.

Caveat: Our camming styles and personas can vary from person to person and that at times can be the factor that propels a model towards success. This is subjective territory and for that reason I decided to focus on Cammodel Technology vs. the IT FACTOR. We can have that convo on another day.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:15 am

sexysusie;3136885 wrote:+10 for the Logitech Brio! I briefly upgraded to the razer kiyo (also great) but fell in love with the brio so went back to logitech.
My other two recommendations are the elgato key light and blue yeti mic. I always upgrade my gear when new stuff comes out but these two along with my pc have been the stand out stars.

For those who want to make binaural content on the go, check these babies out https://hookeaudio.com/hooke-product/
PhatGirlDynomite!!!;3136891 wrote:I wish the posting on here worked more like a linkink tree. Oh well. When I get done taking shows tonight I'm going to update the original post.

Are there any MacBook users who'd like to share updated tips for live streaming?
ggminx;3136903 wrote:Hey SS! How is that blue yeti on sound sensitivity? I have a construction site (parking deck) next door and am currently using a bluetooth ear microphone so none of the construction noise is picked up. Would the blue yeti be able to understand that's background noise and cancel it out or should i stick to the ear piece?

I've been wanting to get into the asmr since I've had so many tell me they'd buy that content of mine if i had it, but need to figure out if the construction next door needs to stop or if that yeti will work for me
Erika_Xstacy;3136905 wrote::) Ive wondered about ear pieces..what brand do you use?
ggminx;3136908 wrote:^I currently use the plantronics voyager. my favorite was the bose but the ex kept it :mad::bomb: the bose has been difficult to find as it's discontinued and actually has seen an increase in price IF you can find it online used...but it's an ear piece so a huge part of me is like, ewwwww efffffing gross...which is why I got the plantronics one now, but it isn't nearly as good as the bose
sexysusie;3136945 wrote:I know i stopped getting questions like 'is that a helicopter taking off?' (My laptop is really loud!) When i got it so it must be pretty good haha. However if you really want to make nice asmr then fix yourself up a diy soundbooth. It doesn't have ro cost a lot, i used to put two room dividers around me, covered with quilts and blankets. Hot, but it did the job!
cymonehearts;3136973 wrote:this thread came right on time! im looking for maybe i7 laptop that can handle at least 4 camsites (spitcamming ) and skype? if anyone has recommendations please send away as i havent purchased a laptop in at least 4 years & im lost.
xgirlx;3136982 wrote:Cymonehearts

I recommend you buy a desktop. If you want to do splitcam on 4 sites, you need a powerful processor and you also need to ensure a cooling of the processor.
A laptop that holds 4 sites at a time, after 2 hours is on fire :)
In my opinion, the Amd processors are far beyond Intel,they cost less and they do not heat up so much
Erika_Xstacy;3136984 wrote:lmao
DO NOT BUY A "ALL IN ONE"
I dont think I can can customize it at all
cymonehearts;3136995 wrote:Desktops are a no go for me .. as i dont like to be stationary. I'm currently looking into a gaming laptop. I meant to say 3 cam sites.
PhatGirlDynomite!!!;3137002 wrote:I have a wheelie cart that I sometimes put my desktop on. But I live in a one story house which makes it even easier to move from place to place.
PixiieGirl;3137012 wrote:super good info thanks!

also -cries at the upload speed stuff- lol
Pris;3137111 wrote:I saw this new webcam: logitech meetup. I'm wondering if any of you girls have tried it yet. It costs like $800

What do you think?

Description
Meet Up is Logitech's premier ConferenceCam designed for small conference rooms and huddle rooms. With a room capturing, super-wide 120° field of view, Meet Up makes every seat at the table clearly visible. Motorized pan/tilt widens FOV even further: up to 170°. A low-distortion Logitech-engineered lens, Ultra HD 4K optics, and three camera presets deliver remarkable video quality and further enhance face-to-face collaboration. MeetUp's integrated audio is optimized for huddle room acoustics and delivers an exceptional sound experience. Three horizontally-aimed beam forming mics and a custom-tuned speaker help ensure your meetings sound as great as they look. MeetUp's front-of-room audio provides an intuitive and coherent listening experience. With a compact all-in-one design that minimizes cable clutter, Meet Up is USB plug-and-play and simply works right out of the box with any video conferencing software application and cloud service—including the ones you already use. System Requirements: Windows7 Windows 8.1 or Windows 10macOS 10.10 or higher|Chrome OS Version 29.0.1547.70 and higherUSB 2.0 port (USB 3.0 required for 4K video)
NitaBaby;3137112 wrote:^I just bought a second webcam this week so I've done a little bit of cam shopping recently and when I saw the logi meetup it seemed really unnecessary. Anyone with the meetup, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong and tell us if it's absolutely awesome. But unless this cam comes with a built-in photography lighting kit, external microphone, and an extra dildo I'm not seeing why I'd pay $800 for it. Like buying a bus when all you really needed was a Audi.
cymonehearts;3137514 wrote:any recommendations for wireless bluetooth earbuds to connect with pc?
PhatGirlDynomite!!!;3137527 wrote:The Plantronics Voyager Legend is very good quality. It's bigger than earbuds because it also has a high quality microphone. I mostly use it for phone calls and Skype shows on PC. I've never tried using it on a camsite. But now I see it has a USB adapter that could bring more stability when sending audio through different types of encoders.

https://www.plantronics.com/hk/en/produ ... -legend-uc
cymonehearts;3137530 wrote:thanks for quick reply! does the mic adjust up and down?
PhatGirlDynomite!!!;3137957 wrote:It does adjust up and down for the newest models. I had one from a few years ago and the mic was stationary.
LoraDoll;3145639 wrote:I got ptz2. It s a dream compared to my previous cam , wich was a c930e. The the fact u can control ur camera from the distance is a huge +++. I wish I d purchased it sooner... like years ago.

I wonder, anyone can recommend cheaper but good quality handycam wich is good for streaming and has a controller? I dont even know how to make video cameras work on cam sites. Maybe there are other topics about this, I dont know. I wont leave the ptz2 now obviously, but I m curious to learn personal experiences, what can work and what not.
h0ttie;3145642 wrote:can anyone recommend a monitor u can still read good at tilted angles?
Cutie101;3145819 wrote:I have this one and you can read on it from any angle! https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessorie ... 65D4GCC1US
AlexiaJacobs;3145892 wrote:It's A GOOD IDEA TO CHANGE OUT YOUR WEBCAM AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR. Every 12 Months!!! If you're frequently experiencing low bitrates, changing your webcam can solve this problem. The more we use them the faster they depreciate.

^The above was stated by PhatGirlDynomite and I just have a question about this. I've only been using my cam since May. I bought it brand new and my bitrate is constantly dipping down into the red. Mine is the C922 I believe. If my bitrate isn't fluctuating because of the cam's age and/or "wear and tear" then what could it be so that I can fix it?

I'm not tech savvy as much as I'd like to be lol. So I bought what I needed to hard wire my laptop into my wifi thinking this might help lol. Didn't seem to help. If anyone can shed light on this I'd appreciate it. Again, I apologize for this being kind of a dumb question....I suck at tech stuff.

Also, I was told by another model that everything looked good on my stream at one point and this could just be on SM's end....but I just wanted to be sure if there was anything else I might do to try to remedy the situation in case its my equipment I wanted to do so. Thank you!!
caramelcraze;3145896 wrote:what are your upload and download speeds?
AlexiaJacobs;3145898 wrote:dl - 21.77
ul - 11.44

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:19 am

caramelcraze;3145923 wrote:it maybe your dl speed. it's kind of low for camming.
otherwise it could just be your computer. how much ram do you have?
AlexiaJacobs;3145924 wrote:^8GB of ram.
LoraDoll;3145994 wrote:Im looking for monitor as well. This one looks similar to yours :
(I m waiting impatiently for Black friday, to get my hands on it)

I have this , and its pretty cool.

It s not just for work, but also for gaming. Can read it from the sides, from the distance etc.

But only for work, u dont need G-sync, or 144++ hz etc. What is important there , is the WQHD, the IPS panel and a size at least 27 inch or bigger if u prefer, imo.
harm;3146025 wrote:Hello,
I want to buy - i9 extreme cpu
- video card GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Windforce OC 8GB GDDR6 256-bit
- motherboard GIGABYTE AORUS X570 MASTER
Anybody knows if with this componets (among the rest) I will be able to stream on 20-25 sites? With a good internet of course.
Cutie101;3146069 wrote:This is also a brilliant one a friend of mine has it as is as good as my lenovo. Maybe you find a 32" version. I am pretty sure they have it.
If I buy a second monitor, I'll get an identical one with what i have already, but this was an extra option.
I wanna get a 32 inch one as well, but it would be wayyy to big, I prefer 2x 27" :))

PS: AOC is a shit brand. I used to have an AOC monitor before and I pulled my eyes out because of it. I'd reccomend you to look for those popular brands (Dell, Lenovo, Acer, Asus, etc). Since you have an Acer monitor and you're pleased with it, go for something simmilar.
Cutie101;3146138 wrote:Can I use the ear piece as a microphone for live streaming on cam sites?
caramelcraze;3146147 wrote:It's probably a combo of your low ram and slow dl speed. i highly recommend upgrading the computer if you can or try a site that's less ram intensive.
Cutie101;3146221 wrote:No, you won't be able. I have an I9 9900k processor and 16 GB of RAM, with an Asus ROG Strix gaming motherboard and on 5 Full Hd sites my CPU goes in 75%.

I am personally going to switch for AMD. More powerful processors and more cheap.
I laid my eyes on this one.
The only problem is that, besides the price (but an I9 Extreme is double the price and does the same thing), you will have to invest in a bomb cooler. Cuz things are gonna get HOTTTTTTT :)))

OK I am not sure exactly what kind of I9 you want, because there are many Extreme edition ones...
harm;3146251 wrote:
Cutie101;3146221 wrote:No, you won't be able. I have an I9 9900k processor and 16 GB of RAM, with an Asus ROG Strix gaming motherboard and on 5 Full Hd sites my CPU goes in 75%.

I am personally going to switch for AMD. More powerful processors and more cheap.
I laid my eyes on this one.
The only problem is that, besides the price (but an I9 Extreme is double the price and does the same thing), you will have to invest in a bomb cooler. Cuz things are gonna get HOTTTTTTT :)))

Thank you for your anwser. :)
[FONT="]Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Processor 18 Cores up to 4.4GHz Turbo Unlocked LGA2066 X299 Series 165W Processors (999AD1)
I want to buy the best cooler for that. I don't want that all the sites to be full hd.
[/FONT]
Cutie101;3146259 wrote:
harm;3146251 wrote:
Thank's not bad! Btw, the one I shown you has 24 cores and it's half the price hahahaha :))) Be careful about the socket, is not the same as Intel so you need a motherboard that supports TR4 socket.
I mean, I was stubborn when everyone was reccomending me AMD and I was stubborn with Intel fangirling. But for my next pc, I'll definately build an AMD bomb. I wish you good luck on finding what's best for you!
Yes, I know it's impossible to stream full HD on 24 sites, but still hard, because all started to eat CPU. What can I say, you opened some new wet dreams about streaming on 20 sites and building a pc for that :)))))))

BTW I forgot to sayyyyy omg!!!
You rather need 2 computers for so many sites because i said above, my issues. You can't really stream a site on more than one browser at a time, unless some sites are having their own software.
They are eating so much space, bandwidth and CPU now, that even the browsers can't handle more than a site.
LoraDoll;3146412 wrote:Microphones!

I use the logitech c930e mic, however, it s bothering me that the sound quality is pretty crappy on that one.
I just found this vid:

[video=youtube;vIQfDFARBLQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIQfDFARBLQ&t=421s[/video]
interesting part stars around 4:40.
Looks good to me.
Esixxx;3146537 wrote:Question about webcams? How do you know when it's time to replace one?

I noticed the original post said when the bitrate starts going down that's an indication. What is the standard bit rate?

I just replaced my c920 because I have had it over a year, just got the c922.
Cutie101;3146540 wrote:When I see other girls streams more clear than mine. That's when I know things evolved and need to invest :)))
Now I have a Brio 4k and can't be more pleased with it. But because I am a perfectionist, I already got bored of it and i am saving for a Logitech Rally.
sexysusie;3146678 wrote:Cutie i should have messaged you directly but others may know too - my brio is amazing when using the logitech software to record etc. BUT when it comes to streaming on aw by fps is so low! I cannot raise it above 23 no matter what i do. I am not sure what the problem is as SM says my stream is excellent. Like you i use webcam splitter. Is there some setting on the brio i need to tweak? It only seems to be aw/justcamit i have the issue with.
Cutie101;3146696 wrote:Well, Logitech reccomends Windows 10 and USB 3.0 (and at least 3rd generation of intel core i5 processor). On my old PC I didn't have those, except i7 processor and I had bad issues with FPS while streaming.
So, maybe you should check that?
If not, I don't know what requirements AW software has since I don't work on AW, but on Jasmin, my webcam was going into 15 FPS on the site and I wasn't getting the HD button, because the monitor wasn't plugged into the motherboard, but on the graphics card. Yes, I know it's crazy, but the new softwares are starting to look like gaming platforms, where not only the webcam plays a major role, but other pc components as well, and where they are plugged. And this makes it more difficult to fix, because you don't know where to start lol.
sexysusie;3146787 wrote:I have windows 10, usb 3 etc, it's a top spec gaming machine and i have pro lighting too. Sm and all my other sites it's fine on, just not justcamit grr. I am guessing maybe it's just their stupid antiquated platform. Ok, thank you hun x
Cutie101;3146836 wrote:You may be right, it must be too powerful for it and it can't process... ugh!
BubblyBlonde;3147270 wrote:I realize running multiple sites with Skype and Discord are too much for my current computer. It keeps crashing during shows. I am considering getting a MacBook Pro, does anyone here cam with that?
SapphireXO;3147401 wrote:I do. I have a Macbook Pro 15 inch 2017 processor 2.8 GHz quad-core intel core i7. 16GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3. More recently I even crashed during a skype show. I'm considering an update but confused on what is the best of the best of the best out there. A new Macbook pro is being released in December... You can get it early by reserving it and picking it up at an Apple store.

I just priced out the new Macbook Pro with the best of the best memory, 2TB of storage, and best processor - $4300. YIKES!
sexysusie;3147404 wrote:I'm getting itchy feet for a new machine. This time I'm going for a desktop. So other than being an i9 what should i look for? I only split 4 sites now but do have skype open and often working in adobe premiere too.
Midwest-Mistress;3147408 wrote:I think I might have cracked the code.... I had an old worn down 2012 Macbook Pro - but never web cammed on it, and Upgraded last year to this:

Macbook Pro; (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
Processor; 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory; 8 GM
Graphics; Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB

Ever since the upgrade I had took a hiatus from SW and now I'm pondering on getting back into the cam scene since Phone sex has spoiled me. And I'm still debating if I want to cam on Box Sites or not... I'm kinda wishy washy about it, But for those of you with Macbooks thinking about going the big box method here's a theory I haven't completed ~yet and would love for feedback.

[FONT=arial black]1. External Hard drive (HDD) or SSD - I have an 1TB HDD (This from G-Technology $94) [/FONT]

[FONT=arial]- You don't have to get 1TB they have smaller ones but I keep all my video content & photos stored on here. I'm not sure how and which is better in reference to camming or live streaming personally, I hear SDD if better overall from sources I've read online

[/FONT]
[FONT="]2. Create an Account on - Split Cam software designed for Cam Models for FREE up to 2 Streams! NO WATERMARKS!![/FONT]

[FONT=arial]- If you're a model and stream on more than 2 sites at a time it is recommended that you purchase a Lite subscription where you can stream up to 5 sites starting at $15/mo there's more information about it on the website and on Wecamgirls.com
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial]Now the third step you can go one of two routes....

This step is included because Step 2 is only compatible using Windows Software

[/FONT]3. Download Windows 10 via Bootcamp ()

- Downside to this is if you have a Macbook that's my age (2017) or the one on the lesser end of the storage/space/memory spectrum then this method might not work :( I literally have all my files on my hard drive and nothing else on my computer, deleted all files and it said there wasn't enough room

BUT

Because I personally don't know how much space you need for camming - as this information only pertains to camming on multiple Box site platforms - You can invest in a Flash drive of at least 16GB but I'd up the count to even higher to be able to create a partition on the drive

OR

[FONT=arial black]3. Download [/FONT]

[FONT=arial]- Virtual box was mentioned to me by another Lady Friend of mine[/FONT]
[FONT=arial]- There's a whole guide on how to download and create a Virtual session & Forum community [/FONT]

[FONT=arial]- You can also download this application on your SDD/HDD and run it on your computer

[/FONT]

And there you have it ~

[FONT=arial]Either way you're going to have to Invest in a HDD/SDD, which won't hurt as much investment wise if you're already a content creator. And A 3.1 USB C-Port Hub [/FONT]
[FONT=arial]which you can buy for little as $30 on Amazon.[/FONT][FONT=arial] Since there's only two ports and need ports for: HD/SD, Cam of choice, & I'm sure you'll be camming long enough to need a charger mid session. Emphasis on 3.1 USB C-port compatibility, I've read articles that with the updating technology & since the SDD's (even if you buy an HDD) are faster if you get a 3.0 USB port it can create a "bottle neck" in download/upload speed.

[/FONT]
Again I haven't tested this as of yet in entirety as I still need to invest in a USB hub, these are just practical ways to test out this theory please let me know if this works as I've been searching
high and low on and off since 2017 with a macbook on how to split cam without using OBS, verysoft / manycams w/o the dumbass watermarks and monthly subscription upcharge for those who work as little as 2 sites and may bail out of camming if not suited for you in the end.

[FONT=arial]In conclusion.... Camming is very expensive, macbook sucks ass unless you have $2k to drop on the newest one... So make up your mind unlike me and make it count lolol. I'll be meditating on manifesting a sub that will pay off my Credit cards and buying me a new macbook pro sheesh!!!![/FONT]
laurielegs;3148020 wrote:Can anyone point me to how cammodels are automatically typing in things like "tip xx for ___" or "phone in exclusive". Is it some sort of software? It seems to type it in like every 60 seconds or so.

I know it's not just the presets because they are away from the keyboard dancing and things. These don't appear to be non-english speakers that might have an assistant typing for them, seems to be software of some sort.
SapphireXO;3148052 wrote:Me too. Im looking to buy the new macbook pro after I come back from maternity leave next year.:O
DarlingNikki4U;3148185 wrote:Love this post!!! I just got back into camming after a 2 year hiatus and have been thinking about getting another webcam. I better upgrade my memory first!

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:24 am

CamChik;3149627 wrote:Anyone else using ElGato Camlink to stream with a Cannon Rebel DSLR camera?

I finally got it setup and got it working BUT I CANNOT get rid of the goddamn AF box. Tried switching the lens to manual then I just get a stationary box. I have spent literally HOURS on Google and Youtube trying to find out how to get rid of this but I am just lost

I've changed every damn setting on the camera related to AF or grid and nothing works

Figured I would ask my fellow models Thank you!
PhatGirlDynomite!!!;3149632 wrote:I am LITERALLY working on a project about this right now. What model Canon is it?
CamChik;3149667 wrote:Canon Rebel T7 :)
PhatGirlDynomite!!!;3149669 wrote:Two things could be holding you up. You may need to turn autofocus off completely. But before you do that look into your camera settings to see if the HDMI overlay disappears after continuously pushing the info button. Canons are kinda difficult to set up sometimes.
PhatGirlDynomite!!!;3149672 wrote:Okay I'm back! I just logged into my other computer and setup my canon. I forgot that you need to download the EOS utility from the canon website. But in order to access REMOTE SHOOTING the wifi in your camera must be turned off first. Once you do that you can sekect LIVE VIEW SHOOT. Then select the AUTO FOCUS DISPLAY button. That will turn the box off.

I've been up all night cooking and writing. Maybe later I will share some screenshots. I need a nap.
CamChik;3149675 wrote:Unfortunately it looks like the HDMI doesn't pull up the EOS software - it only works with the USB which kinda defeats the purpose of me trying to stream with HDMI. *sigh* I'm an avid Apple fangirl (I HATE windows LOL) BUT I may have to just bow down and buy an actual Windows based system to do this......

All this to be able to broadcast with Streamate and MFC's new broadcast software (Web Encoders). I know there is a work around with OBS Studio, yet again - not Mac friendly.... :(
PhatGirlDynomite!!!;3149679 wrote:You should be able to select an eos utility that's compatible with your Mac.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/port ... -rebel-t7i

If not there then maybe try this one EOS Utility 3. It's for Thailand tho :) There's tons of downloads for Asia.

https://th.canon/en/support/0200512002
CamChik;3149686 wrote:Thank you so much for all of your help! BUT, at this point it looks like I'm going to have to figure out a Windows based computer now. Any and all of the workarounds I have found are all Windows friendly and just not compatible. Unless a fellow Mac user has found a way to make this work... Good timing for this though since it's Black Friday HAHA!

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:26 am

SapphireXO;3150412 wrote:Wait I can cam with my ti7??!!!??!!!
PhatGirlDynomite!!!;3150442 wrote:You can stream using a Canon T7i but I don't think you'll be able to retain full autofocus. That needs to be turned off. More info on

Here are a few things to look for with the EOS Rebel T7i that ensures streaming is possible:

Max resolution: 1080p
Clean HDMI: Yes
Unlimited runtime: Yes
Connection type: Mini HDMI
Power: Dummy Battery
SapphireXO;3150460 wrote:Wow. Holy shit! I am woke. That is kick ass.
JessRyan;3150471 wrote:Question, got a new Brio 4K and my laptop won't recognize it. It's not in my devices. I plug in the OLD one and it's right there, no problem. Plug in the new one...nuthin'
It's not the cam, it works/shows up on my desktop no problem

say what??
~Carmen~;3150472 wrote:Does your laptop have 3.0 usb ports? I don't believe the Brio works with 2.0.

Did you mean your old cam is also a Brio?
JessRyan;3150473 wrote:I feel so un-tech savy sometimes. haha, well, the old brio works fine when I plug it in to the usb. the new one doesn't show up at all.
~Carmen~;3150474 wrote:Maybe try uninstalling/reinstalling logitech software. Also, make sure to download the latest firmware for the Brio.
JessRyan;3150479 wrote:omg I spoke too soon. I figured it out. I had to update the driver. (no laughing) I just freaked out cuz the old brio showed up and the new one didn't. Yay! out with the old one, in with the new one.
okay, back to work

***********Thank you Phat girl for this informative topic
PhatGirlDynomite!!!;3150480 wrote:What programs are you using when it's not appearing? I've been running into issues with software and some devices for a few weeks now. It turns out my Windows Defender keeps turning back on. I try to remember to disable it because it will block the most basic things. You may need to add permissions within Windows Defender? It's a pain in the butt. I'm gonna remove it from the registry eventually because with each new update it becomes more and more difficult to turn off. Take a look at windows defender to troubleshoot this.
JessRyan;3150481 wrote:oh yes, going to do that too. I read Phat girl mentioned getting a new cam and my old brio is well over a year old and I use it all the time. I had recently got a new one but never opened it up. After reading info here, I think it's best to ditch the old one
PhatGirlDynomite!!!;3150482 wrote:I'm glad you figured it out. We were typing at the same time.😅
JessRyan;3150483 wrote:I have webroot from geek squad. I was reading on the logictech support just now that my driver may need to be updated and that's what it was
JessRyan;3150485 wrote:wow you girls are FAST
O-Hime-Sama;3150553 wrote:Hey! I was wondering if the Logitech c922x prostream webcam 1080p would be sufficient for camming on a site like streamate and shooting content. Has anyone tried this cam?

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:28 am

webcamcutie;3150760 wrote:Hey guys

I just wanted to write a post to help give some models some instructions on how to do some basic troubleshooting steps at home to make sure your tech and internet is on the up-and-up and there isn't any issues from your side beyond the fuckery that can be SM (or other sites) when streaming.

Recently I've helped 2 of my camgirl BB's troubleshoot their net to realize they've been having ISP issues all along, and once we pinpointed the issues and figured out how to fix them (which were 2 both really simple and small things not limited to, going on a wired connection vs wifi, and a loose cable in the back of a modem!) they went from having MANY days/weeks/months of making little to nothing, to making some decent coin again! Working on SM when its in a glitchy state let alone with net problems at the same time can be camgirl DEATH! So making sure your tech is solid is definitely important.

If this post can help at least one person with any issues they MAY be having at home with their net that is unseen (cause its hard to tell if your net is working properly sometimes!) then it will have served its purpose.

Step 1 (which I'm sure is obvious):

Make sure your speed tests are consistent and you are getting the speed you are paying for.
Example: if your internet is supposed to be 50 down/10 up when you do speed tests you should always be getting 50/10 CONSISTENTLY in back to back tests (same if it were 100down/20 up, 300down/50 up, etc). Most times (esp cable internet) you will even be a bit above what you should be getting/what youre paying for.

Your speed test in back to back tests should say 50 down and 10 up, or 48 down and 10 up, 55 down and 11 up, etc. It should never JUMP or be inconsistent while testing. You shouldn't be getting 50 down and 10 up one time, and 35 down and 7 up the next time, etc. If something like that is happening you can check the back of your cable going into your modem (the coax cable if on cable net) and make sure it is TIGHT, and if it isnt, tighten it. Having a lose connection from the cable into the back of your equipment can cause issues and inconsistent speeds.

Step 2:

Check your ping and make sure its consistent. A proper ping (while pinging google on a test) should look like this:

It should always be consistently the same number (not necessarily the same ms as mine) with small differences, for instance where mine changes from 7ms - 8ms then back to 7ms. It should NEVER look like this:

This is a sample of what a bad ping looks like, and if you are pinging google and it looks like that, trying to stream with that ping is going to bring issues with connections to your cam room.

If your ping isn't consistent from there you can do a bit of troubleshooting:

1, are you on wifi? How far away are you from your router? is it between floors? (upstairs vs you being downstairs), is there walls between your router and your computer? Try to plug in an ethernet cable and run the test again and see if your ping starts to look like example #1 vs example #2.

2, if you're on wired and it looks like this, how old is your ethernet cable? Is it the proper length for what you need? having an ethernet cable that is too long (needing to go 10 feet and using a 100 foot cable for instance) can also cause issues with your connection, believe it or not. Have you upgraded your ethernet cable to cat 6? how old is it? is it trapped between doorjams or somewhere where it could have gotten kinked or bent? could a mouse have chewed it? try replacing it and see if that makes a difference.

HOW TO RUN A PING TEST:

If on windows you can go into the search bar and type in 'command prompt'
Once command prompt is open type ping 8.8.8.8 -t

If on mac here is instructions on how to do a ping test with mac:

These are simple easy steps that can be done at home to ensure that its not an issue with your equipment at home.

Now lets say your ping is like example #2, you're on a wired connection with the proper length ethernet cable and its not that old and visibly fine or you've recently replaced it, if restarting your modem AND/OR router does NOT fix your problem when doing a ping test and your connection (cable to your modem) seems tight, and everything looks fine that brings us to step 3:

Call your ISP. Explain to them that you have checked everything at your house and there is an issue with your ping looking like a pingpong ball and your tech equipment is fine. Explain to them discreetly (you dont need to go into full details) that you LIVE STREAM HD for your business and you are having issues with pixelations/connections issues/etc with your stream while streaming and you need a tech to come out and check your equipment and lines to and/in your house. If they give you the run around you can kindly explain to them that you've done all the required troubleshooting at home and that it is clearly an issue with a line from the outside connection (node) to your house, or your internet lines in your house, or even your modem or router could be burnt out and need to be replaced, and that you would like a technician to come out and make sure everything is in working order. A lot of ISP companies will try to brush you off because they don't want to spend the money to send a tech out, but if you have already done all the steps that I've shown you in step 1, and 2, and you still have issues with your speed tests or pingtests, then there IS something wrong with your internet and they have to come out and pinpoint the issue and fix it for you. Be diligent about it and ask to speak to supervisors if needed to ensure that someone comes out to check your connection ASAP (because that is URGENT!) and fix it for you to make everything is running properly.

On proper working internet your pingtest should never look like a pingpong ball, and your speed tests should never be lower than what you are paying for, or look inconsistent on multiple tests either.

I hope this helps some people! And if you need ANY help please feel free to PM me and I will do the best to help/answer any questions I can.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:31 am

sexysusie;3150813 wrote:I'm gonna ask this in here and HOPE someone can help cause this is killing me! I have the logitech brio 4k cam and it's gorgeous it really is - when i only use the logitech capture! When i use it to cam i cannot get the fps above 10!!! I always use verysoft webcamsplitter anyway so i can split sites, and this is the only way i can get either this cam, OR my old c920 (which used to be fine) above 20fps. I have 4 professional studio lights and the elgato keylight so it's not a lighting issue. My pc is an i7 with all the latest (as of last year) technology. My internet is superfast.

Also, now when i try to use the old c920 i cannot change the settings, it's super close up and weird colours but if i open the logitech software it fucks up the brio and vice versa.

And one more thing... i used to be able to split 4 sites no problem, today trying to split sm (on sm broadcast) with aw justcamit software my CPU use was at 70%%

Arrgghhh!
Cutie101;3150821 wrote:Apparently, I had the same problem https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showt ... rio+stream (post #120). Changing the pc solved it, lolololol :)))
Now I only use a small ringlight and the ceiling light, so u don't need lots of lights.

Can you give the specs of your pc? What windows are you using? Do you have USB 3.0 port? (my old pc had that but it wasn't functional). What graphics card do you have? (It may be related to how many FPS the brio can process).
Cutie101;3150824 wrote:I have written here, the specs of my computer. Maybe it helps you https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showt ... t=computer (post #143)
sexysusie;3150828 wrote:Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16GB memory, Nvidia GForce 970m graphics card integrated memory, and lots of other stuff i can't remember right now. I know it was bang up to date 1 1/2 years ago. I am using windows 10 pro and yes i have usb 3. I have been using premiere pro and photoshop a lot on it recently though, do you think that would affect it? I WISH i could get another pc right now but it won't be this side of Christmas cause pennies... :(
Cutie101;3150832 wrote:Hmm, I think you need a separate and better graphics card.Especially because you use photoshop and premiere. What you have now, may slow down your pc, because it's a pretty weak graphics card and the PC is struggling to keep up with the editing/ streaming, etc. I have put above a link to a post of mine where I posted my pc specs. The graphics card I listed there, is not too expensive and it's perfect for editing (ASUS GeForce® GTX 1060 DUAL 3GB- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Geforce-GeForc ... 689&sr=8-4) .

That may be the issue, I believe the webcam has strong connection with the graphics card, because the demands are higher for HD streaming. Especially, if you use OBS, or other softwares to stream.
If you decide to buy, try to do it from a store that accepts returns, in case the problem isn't solving, even tho, it's a good investment if you're planning to get another pc, so you won't need to buy again, because, nowadays, dedicated graphics cards are an important part of a computer, since we do all this editing/ streaming.

I really hope it's just this, uh, but I can't seem to find another problem, since your PC has pretty good specs overall...

Btw, if you buy one, make sure to have all the drivers up to date (including windows), to make sure it will run smooth!

I hope other girls can bring their oppinions, maybe I am wrong, but this may be the only logical issue...
sexysusie;3150846 wrote:I've been streaming in hd for years though with no problems. It's just the brio hates my computer lol. I returned the razer kyo for the same issue. The c920 was always a great backup but it seems it can't work alongside the brio grrr. Do graphics cards wear out?

I have my eye on the new amd ryzen 3900x next. I may just have to plump for a new graphics card before then thiugh. Thank you for the link. I love your new beast of a machine btw!
minniesoporno;3151302 wrote:I was searching reviews on the new elgato key light trying to figure out how to mount it on a Micke Desk from ikea because I don't think I can get a standing desk because of the space in my room.

Plus been looking at getting a PTZ camera, as I miss having one similar to the setup I had with my ebenk remote tripod head with using the sony handycam or my old JVC 290 set up.

My room the outlets are weirdly placed so I am looking at back up power surge protectors to handle the 2 desktop computers, plus lighting and PTZ cameras.

Then my youtube home page showed me this interesting live of all things PTZ camera set ups.

[video=youtube;zO03oS9avgQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO03oS9avgQ[/video]
PhatGirlDynomite!!!;3151305 wrote:The ElGato key light comes with a mount but I don't think it will fit on the desk you have? Your desk needs to have a somewhat slender edge to clasp onto. The one you have looks like it may be a little too thick, unless you open your droor and mount it there. ElGato now sells the mount independently of the Key light but some pieces are sold out, like the flex arm. It's called the multi mount.

[video=youtube_share;OZ-ueNqKNRo]https://youtu.be/OZ-ueNqKNRo[/video]
naomi_doll;3151649 wrote:I have to say I had no idea how important a good computer/lights/cam was! I finally logged into streamate and imlive with my new computer and lights, and guys were pouring into my room and jumping over each over to take me private! (One guy was even like "fuck them, I'll take you private" when I was trying to convince another guy) OMG! If I add better and better hustle techniques, I'll be indestructible!
PhatGirlDynomite!!!;3151662 wrote:Yup! Tech upgrades will help advance your stream and not just because stronger processors can handle encoders better but lighting helps too. Plus the upgrades are visible on the customers end. Keep going girl! ♥️
Cutie101;3151831 wrote:Omg, I just saw this new processor from AMD. HOLY fuck!!! 12 cores 24 threads for only $500?!?!?! Yessss!!
https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/EC49BF55-8B74-4155-9026-CEAD2EF6B40A?ingress=2&visitId=c3c18e33-c265-4d34-8d63-4deba23bbfb2&ref_=bl_dp_s_web_2528920011

And for $150 extra, you get 16 cores and 32 threads!!! :O:O:O:O:O:O https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-Threadripper-Processor-YD295XA8AFWOF/dp/B07GFN6CVF?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1
Reading the user reviews, has got me aware that I need a high quality RAM and motherboard and a strong cooler, wich means, the overall computer wouldn't be that cheap to build but... I could easily stream on 10 sites with something like those AMD's... And I'd need an extra monitor. but the money I'd make...

I mean, I paid in January about $500 on my i9 9900k processor alone and it has 8 cores and 16 threads!!!

Hmmm.. fuck...
PhatGirlDynomite!!!;3151847 wrote:I'm having a new setup being built right now using computer parts from old computers plus new tech for only $900. The most expensive part was the I9 processor. I use to be hesitant when it came to having a PC built vs buying one straight out of the box. My biggest concerns are surrounding individual warranties and having to take my computer apart later down the road. It's amazing how much money I'm saving by recycling parts from stuff just laying around the house. I'm even using parts from old laptops to build a monster desktop. It's definitely best if you can find an entity that's easy to work with. Because some will just try to upsell you with Bigger Better Faster Stronger = GIVE ME MORE MONEY.
webcamcutie;3152051 wrote:To the hosts streaming on Streamate using SMC, question:

Does your bitrate fluctuate while streaming lately like this?

Sometimes it'll be at 2.38 (rarely ever higher! It used to be at 2.50 before they did the update where you can record your streaming) and it'll change to 2.35, 2.30, back to 2.38, etc. I know that if I try to use SMB vs SMC it'll still be at 2.50 like its supposed to be.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52467[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52468[/ATTACH]

I'm just trying to pinpoint if its an issue with my webcam or if its normal for others too? thank you!
seicento;3152054 wrote:Does the same for me. I think 2.38 is the max I've seen in SMC. With SMB I always have 2.50.
webcamcutie;3152057 wrote:ah okay, thank you for the response! its been doing the same thing to me since they rolled that update out. boo. hope they fix it!
Erika_Xstacy;3152569 wrote:same for me for months using smc
I am lit up like fireworks in here, added more lights today .. this room does suck but never had this issue before
Bought a new webcam today, my wires went to shit over time
I use a c922 and held a 2.50 streaming auto @ 1440

now im still c922
struggle between 2.25 nd Im doing good to hold it at 2.35
resolution is 720

huge difference and nothing changed on my end but that stupid update :-[
PhatGirlDynomite!!!;3153778 wrote:I just got my new setup and I'm gonna go out to get an Ultra Wide Monitor. Hopefully I'll be able to get one today from BestBuy and they'll do a price match for Amazon. If not I'll just order it online. I'm always a little apprehensive about ordering something this delicate online. With this new set up I just might be able to rule the world! }:D
Sorceress;3155361 wrote:Got a quick question since I’m at my research phase before starting to buy stuff for my new PC build. I’m starting from the scratch because I have a HP laptop from 4 years ago that is begging to retire.

So, as also I will be using for gaming, specially because when I’m bored I play, I was wondering if 64GB is overkill, doesn’t make any sense? I’m not concerned about budgeting as I want to get something that I won’t be worried for the next 4-5 years.

For processor I am focusing on i9 9900K 8 cores. Would that be enough? I want a powerful setup to run 5 websites, Skype/Discord and a videogame like Elder Scrolls V Skyrim, The Sims 3/4 or Fallout 4. By the way, I am currently not splitcamming and I realize I should do, so that’s why I’m investing in it.
PhatGirlDynomite!!!;3155428 wrote:Is this an out of the box PC or something you're having built? That processor should handle most anything but there's more to it than that. Make sure you read the first post.

https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showt ... ost3136748
PhatGirlDynomite!!!;3155852 wrote:If you're trying to avoid Logitech as a second webcam all together, then there's the Microsoft Lifecam Studio. They go for around $50 but the quality isn't as great as the C920.

And then there's a ton of Chinese knock off brands like Logitubo/Angetube. I think they changed the name to mostly Angetube? You can get them for as little as $25 on eBay.

[video=youtube_share;ugQUmXtf55U]https://youtu.be/ugQUmXtf55U[/video]
sexysusie;3155875 wrote:If she's really wanting to avoid logitech then the razer kiyo would be a good choice. The microsoft lifecam is one i had when i started out in 2011, can't imagine for a second it would hold up today :/

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:53 pm

Stripper Web Exotic Dancer Community
Cammodel Technology 2019
Printable View

Show 25 post(s) from this thread on one page
Page 3 of 21FirstFirstPrevious1234513...NextLastLast
11-20-2019, 06:57 PMSapphireXO
Re: Cammodel Technology 2019
Anyone use an updated Macbook Pro with usb-c ports? I need to find a usb hub to usb-c with its own power supply for running multi-cams. Any suggestions???
11-21-2019, 08:21 AMSapphireXO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireXO View Post
Anyone use an updated Macbook Pro with usb-c ports? I need to find a usb hub to usb-c with its own power supply for running multi-cams. Any suggestions???
Anyone who has an updated Macbook pro with only the new usb-c ports. This is the only one I could find...

https://hengedocks.com/products/stone-pro

It's back ordered until 12/30/19 though :( Just unsure if the power supply is adequate enough at 180 watts for 2 webcams, a monitor, and wired ethernet.
11-27-2019, 11:13 PMCamChik
Anyone else using ElGato Camlink to stream with a Cannon Rebel DSLR camera?

I finally got it setup and got it working BUT I CANNOT get rid of the goddamn AF box. Tried switching the lens to manual then I just get a stationary box. I have spent literally HOURS on Google and Youtube trying to find out how to get rid of this but I am just lost :(

I've changed every damn setting on the camera related to AF or grid and nothing works :(

Figured I would ask my fellow models ;) Thank you!
11-28-2019, 12:08 AMPhatGirlDynomite!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamChik View Post
Anyone else using ElGato Camlink to stream with a Cannon Rebel DSLR camera?

I finally got it setup and got it working BUT I CANNOT get rid of the goddamn AF box. Tried switching the lens to manual then I just get a stationary box. I have spent literally HOURS on Google and Youtube trying to find out how to get rid of this but I am just lost :(

I've changed every damn setting on the camera related to AF or grid and nothing works :(

Figured I would ask my fellow models ;) Thank you!
I am LITERALLY working on a project about this right now. What model Canon is it?
11-28-2019, 09:08 AMCamChik
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatGirlDynomite!!! View Post
I am LITERALLY working on a project about this right now. What model Canon is it?

Canon Rebel T7 :)
11-28-2019, 09:27 AMPhatGirlDynomite!!!
Quote:
Two things could be holding you up. You may need to turn autofocus off completely. But before you do that look into your camera settings to see if the HDMI overlay disappears after continuously pushing the info button. Canons are kinda difficult to set up sometimes.
11-28-2019, 09:59 AMPhatGirlDynomite!!!
Quote:
Quote:
Two things could be holding you up. You may need to turn autofocus off completely. But before you do that look into your camera settings to see if the HDMI overlay disappears after continuously pushing the info button. Canons are kinda difficult to set up sometimes.
Okay I'm back! I just logged into my other computer and setup my canon. I forgot that you need to download the EOS utility from the canon website. But in order to access REMOTE SHOOTING the wifi in your camera must be turned off first. Once you do that you can sekect LIVE VIEW SHOOT. Then select the AUTO FOCUS DISPLAY button. That will turn the box off.

I've been up all night cooking and writing. Maybe later I will share some screenshots. I need a nap.
11-28-2019, 10:23 AMCamChik
Unfortunately it looks like the HDMI doesn't pull up the EOS software - it only works with the USB which kinda defeats the purpose of me trying to stream with HDMI. *sigh* I'm an avid Apple fangirl (I HATE windows LOL) BUT I may have to just bow down and buy an actual Windows based system to do this......

All this to be able to broadcast with Streamate and MFC's new broadcast software (Web Encoders). I know there is a work around with OBS Studio, yet again - not Mac friendly.... :(
11-28-2019, 11:22 AMPhatGirlDynomite!!!
Quote:
Unfortunately it looks like the HDMI doesn't pull up the EOS software - it only works with the USB which kinda defeats the purpose of me trying to stream with HDMI. *sigh* I'm an avid Apple fangirl (I HATE windows LOL) BUT I may have to just bow down and buy an actual Windows based system to do this......

You should be able to select an eos utility that's compatible with your Mac.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/p.../eos-rebel-t7i

If not there then maybe try this one EOS Utility 3. It's for Thailand tho :) There's tons of downloads for Asia.

11-28-2019, 12:18 PMCamChik
Quote:
You should be able to select an eos utility that's compatible with your Mac.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/p.../eos-rebel-t7i

Thank you so much for all of your help! BUT, at this point it looks like I'm going to have to figure out a Windows based computer now. Any and all of the workarounds I have found are all Windows friendly and just not compatible. Unless a fellow Mac user has found a way to make this work... Good timing for this though since it's Black Friday HAHA!
11-28-2019, 12:24 PMkikiwiki
Anyone recommend laptop lap desks with fan and great speakers for updated laptops? I have a great old Logitech one that’s not made anymore, need something capable for my new devices.
12-03-2019, 08:02 AMSapphireXO
Quote:
Wait I can cam with my ti7??!!!??!!!
12-03-2019, 12:10 PMPhatGirlDynomite!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireXO View Post
Wait I can cam with my ti7??!!!??!!!
You can stream using a Canon T7i but I don't think you'll be able to retain full autofocus. That needs to be turned off. More info on streaming with DSLR Cameras

Here are a few things to look for with the EOS Rebel T7i that ensures streaming is possible:

12-03-2019, 02:18 PMSapphireXO
Quote:
You can stream using a Canon T7i but I don't think you'll be able to retain full autofocus. That needs to be turned off. More info on streaming with DSLR Cameras

Wow. Holy shit! I am woke. That is kick ass.
12-03-2019, 03:38 PMJessRyan
Question, got a new Brio 4K and my laptop won't recognize it. It's not in my devices. I plug in the OLD one and it's right there, no problem. Plug in the new one...nuthin'

say what??
12-03-2019, 03:43 PM~Carmen~
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRyan View Post
Question, got a new Brio 4K and my laptop won't recognize it. It's not in my devices. I plug in the OLD one and it's right there, no problem. Plug in the new one...nuthin'

say what??
Does your laptop have 3.0 usb ports? I don't believe the Brio works with 2.0.

Did you mean your old cam is also a Brio?
12-03-2019, 03:48 PMJessRyan
I feel so un-tech savy sometimes. haha, well, the old brio works fine when I plug it in to the usb. the new one doesn't show up at all.
12-03-2019, 03:50 PM~Carmen~
Quote:
I feel so un-tech savy sometimes. haha, well, the old brio works fine when I plug it in to the usb. the new one doesn't show up at all.
Maybe try uninstalling/reinstalling logitech software. Also, make sure to download the latest firmware for the Brio.
12-03-2019, 03:57 PMJessRyan
omg I spoke too soon. I figured it out. I had to update the driver. (no laughing) I just freaked out cuz the old brio showed up and the new one didn't. Yay! out with the old one, in with the new one.
okay, back to work

12-03-2019, 03:58 PMPhatGirlDynomite!!!
Quote:

say what??
What programs are you using when it's not appearing? I've been running into issues with software and some devices for a few weeks now. It turns out my Windows Defender keeps turning back on. I try to remember to disable it because it will block the most basic things. You may need to add permissions within Windows Defender? It's a pain in the butt. I'm gonna remove it from the registry eventually because with each new update it becomes more and more difficult to turn off. Take a look at windows defender to troubleshoot this.
12-03-2019, 03:59 PMJessRyan
oh yes, going to do that too. I read Phat girl mentioned getting a new cam and my old brio is well over a year old and I use it all the time. I had recently got a new one but never opened it up. After reading info here, I think it's best to ditch the old one
12-03-2019, 04:00 PMPhatGirlDynomite!!!
Quote:
omg I spoke too soon. I figured it out. I had to update the driver. (no laughing) I just freaked out cuz the old brio showed up and the new one didn't. Yay! out with the old one, in with the new one.
okay, back to work

I'm glad you figured it out. We were typing at the same time.😅
12-03-2019, 04:00 PMJessRyan
Quote:
What programs are you using when it's not appearing? I've been running into issues with software and some devices for a few weeks now. It turns out my Windows Defender keeps turning back on. I try to remember to disable it because it will block the most basic things. You may need to add permissions within Windows Defender? It's a pain in the butt. I'm gonna remove it from the registry eventually because with each new update it becomes more and more difficult to turn off. Take a look at windows defender to troubleshoot this.
I have webroot from geek squad. I was reading on the logictech support just now that my driver may need to be updated and that's what it was
12-03-2019, 04:01 PMJessRyan
wow you girls are FAST
12-04-2019, 02:27 AMO-Hime-Sama
Hey! I was wondering if the Logitech c922x prostream webcam 1080p would be sufficient for camming on a site like streamate and shooting content. Has anyone tried this cam?
Show 25 post(s) from this thread on one page
Page 3 of 21FirstFirstPrevious1234513...NextLastLast
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.
Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Extra Tabs by vBulletin Hispano
Site and content Copyright © StripperWeb.com - See Terms of Service for complete details.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:54 pm

Stripper Web Exotic Dancer Community
Log Out
Join for FREE!
Settings
My Profile
Notifications: 1
Welcome, PhatGirlDynomite!!!
What's New?
Forum
New PostsPrivate MessagesFAQCalendarCommunityForum ActionsQuick LinksMy Mood (Amused)Forum Rules
Blogs
Club Reviews
Submit
Advanced Search
HomeForumIndustry Discussions - Female Dancers, Ex-dancers, and Dancers To-Be ONLYCamming ConnectionCammodel Technology 2019
Stripperweb is closing!

For over 20 years, Stripperweb has been one of the best resources for exotic dancers and webcam models on the internet. We've made the difficult decision to close Stripperweb effective February 1st. We urge you all to check out AmberCutie's Forum as a possible new home after we close. Thank you to everyone who has made this such an amazing community.
+ Reply to ThreadPage 4 of 21FirstFirstPrevious...2345614...NextLastLastResults 76 to 100 of 517
Thread: Cammodel Technology 2019
View First Unread
Administrative
Search Thread
Rate This Thread
Inline Mod
12-04-2019, 03:00 PM#76
Featured Member

JessRyan's AvatarJoined
Mar 2015
Thanks
Thanked 2,392 Times in 824 PostsFemale
Default Re: Cammodel Technology 2019
Quote Originally Posted by O-Hime-Sama View Post
Hey! I was wondering if the Logitech c922x prostream webcam 1080p would be sufficient for camming on a site like streamate and shooting content. Has anyone tried this cam?
I've used that cam and liked it. I also used the c920 to tell the truth, I never noticed a difference between the 2
Edit / DeleteEdit Post Quick reply to this messageReply Reply With QuoteReply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Thanks Blog this Post
The Following User Says Thank You to JessRyan For This Useful Post:
TheBrownFox
12-05-2019, 04:02 PM#77
Featured Member

webcamcutie's AvatarJoined
May 2012
Thanks
Thanked 2,585 Times in 854 PostsFemale
Default Troubleshooting your tech 1-0-1
Hey guys

I just wanted to write a post to help give some models some instructions on how to do some basic troubleshooting steps at home to make sure your tech and internet is on the up-and-up and there isn't any issues from your side beyond the fuckery that can be SM (or other sites) when streaming.

Recently I've helped 2 of my camgirl BB's troubleshoot their net to realize they've been having ISP issues all along, and once we pinpointed the issues and figured out how to fix them (which were 2 both really simple and small things not limited to, going on a wired connection vs wifi, and a loose cable in the back of a modem!) they went from having MANY days/weeks/months of making little to nothing, to making some decent coin again! Working on SM when its in a glitchy state let alone with net problems at the same time can be camgirl DEATH! So making sure your tech is solid is definitely important.

If this post can help at least one person with any issues they MAY be having at home with their net that is unseen (cause its hard to tell if your net is working properly sometimes!) then it will have served its purpose.

Step 1 (which I'm sure is obvious):

Make sure your speed tests are consistent and you are getting the speed you are paying for.
Example: if your internet is supposed to be 50 down/10 up when you do speed tests you should always be getting 50/10 CONSISTENTLY in back to back tests (same if it were 100down/20 up, 300down/50 up, etc). Most times (esp cable internet) you will even be a bit above what you should be getting/what youre paying for.

Your speed test in back to back tests should say 50 down and 10 up, or 48 down and 10 up, 55 down and 11 up, etc. It should never JUMP or be inconsistent while testing. You shouldn't be getting 50 down and 10 up one time, and 35 down and 7 up the next time, etc. If something like that is happening you can check the back of your cable going into your modem (the coax cable if on cable net) and make sure it is TIGHT, and if it isnt, tighten it. Having a lose connection from the cable into the back of your equipment can cause issues and inconsistent speeds.

Step 2:

Check your ping and make sure its consistent. A proper ping (while pinging google on a test) should look like this:

Click image for larger version.

Name: pingtestsample.PNG
Views: 67
Size: 58.9 KB
ID: 52417

It should always be consistently the same number (not necessarily the same ms as mine) with small differences, for instance where mine changes from 7ms - 8ms then back to 7ms. It should NEVER look like this:

Name: pingtestbad.PNG
Views: 57
Size: 111.7 KB
ID: 52418

This is a sample of what a bad ping looks like, and if you are pinging google and it looks like that, trying to stream with that ping is going to bring issues with connections to your cam room.

If your ping isn't consistent from there you can do a bit of troubleshooting:

1, are you on wifi? How far away are you from your router? is it between floors? (upstairs vs you being downstairs), is there walls between your router and your computer? Try to plug in an ethernet cable and run the test again and see if your ping starts to look like example #1 vs example #2.

2, if you're on wired and it looks like this, how old is your ethernet cable? Is it the proper length for what you need? having an ethernet cable that is too long (needing to go 10 feet and using a 100 foot cable for instance) can also cause issues with your connection, believe it or not. Have you upgraded your ethernet cable to cat 6? how old is it? is it trapped between doorjams or somewhere where it could have gotten kinked or bent? could a mouse have chewed it? try replacing it and see if that makes a difference.

HOW TO RUN A PING TEST:

If on windows you can go into the search bar and type in 'command prompt'
Once command prompt is open type ping 8.8.8.8 -t

If on mac here is instructions on how to do a ping test with mac:

Name: pingtestmac.PNG
Views: 36
Size: 216.5 KB
ID: 52419

These are simple easy steps that can be done at home to ensure that its not an issue with your equipment at home.

Now lets say your ping is like example #2, you're on a wired connection with the proper length ethernet cable and its not that old and visibly fine or you've recently replaced it, if restarting your modem AND/OR router does NOT fix your problem when doing a ping test and your connection (cable to your modem) seems tight, and everything looks fine that brings us to step 3:

Call your ISP. Explain to them that you have checked everything at your house and there is an issue with your ping looking like a pingpong ball and your tech equipment is fine. Explain to them discreetly (you dont need to go into full details) that you LIVE STREAM HD for your business and you are having issues with pixelations/connections issues/etc with your stream while streaming and you need a tech to come out and check your equipment and lines to and/in your house. If they give you the run around you can kindly explain to them that you've done all the required troubleshooting at home and that it is clearly an issue with a line from the outside connection (node) to your house, or your internet lines in your house, or even your modem or router could be burnt out and need to be replaced, and that you would like a technician to come out and make sure everything is in working order. A lot of ISP companies will try to brush you off because they don't want to spend the money to send a tech out, but if you have already done all the steps that I've shown you in step 1, and 2, and you still have issues with your speed tests or pingtests, then there IS something wrong with your internet and they have to come out and pinpoint the issue and fix it for you. Be diligent about it and ask to speak to supervisors if needed to ensure that someone comes out to check your connection ASAP (because that is URGENT!) and fix it for you to make everything is running properly.

On proper working internet your pingtest should never look like a pingpong ball, and your speed tests should never be lower than what you are paying for, or look inconsistent on multiple tests either.

I hope this helps some people! And if you need ANY help please feel free to PM me and I will do the best to help/answer any questions I can.
Edit / DeleteEdit Post Quick reply to this messageReply Reply With QuoteReply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Blog this Post
Remove Your Thanks
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to webcamcutie For This Useful Post:
ASandra,BerrySweet,CatBBW,Esixxx,ggminx,MadamDragon,mimiboo69,MissViolet,Nikki_Fox,PhatGirlDynomite!!!,~Carmen~
12-05-2019, 07:52 PM#78
God/dess

sexysusie's AvatarJoined
Apr 2012
Thanks
Thanked 10,357 Times in 3,733 PostsMy Mood
Aggressive
Female
I'm gonna ask this in here and HOPE someone can help cause this is killing me! I have the logitech brio 4k cam and it's gorgeous it really is - when i only use the logitech capture! When i use it to cam i cannot get the fps above 10!!! I always use verysoft webcamsplitter anyway so i can split sites, and this is the only way i can get either this cam, OR my old c920 (which used to be fine) above 20fps. I have 4 professional studio lights and the elgato keylight so it's not a lighting issue. My pc is an i7 with all the latest (as of last year) technology. My internet is superfast.

Also, now when i try to use the old c920 i cannot change the settings, it's super close up and weird colours but if i open the logitech software it fucks up the brio and vice versa.

And one more thing... i used to be able to split 4 sites no problem, today trying to split sm (on sm broadcast) with aw justcamit software my CPU use was at 70%%

Arrgghhh!
"If you want to earn more, learn more" ~ Zig Ziglar

Edit / DeleteEdit Post Quick reply to this messageReply Reply With QuoteReply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Thanks Blog this Post 12-05-2019, 09:18 PM#79
God/dess

Cutie101's AvatarJoined
May 2014
Thanks
Thanked 11,170 Times in 3,384 PostsMy Mood
Yeehaw
Female
Quote Originally Posted by sexysusie View Post
I'm gonna ask this in here and HOPE someone can help cause this is killing me! I have the logitech brio 4k cam and it's gorgeous it really is - when i only use the logitech capture! When i use it to cam i cannot get the fps above 10!!! I always use verysoft webcamsplitter anyway so i can split sites, and this is the only way i can get either this cam, OR my old c920 (which used to be fine) above 20fps. I have 4 professional studio lights and the elgato keylight so it's not a lighting issue. My pc is an i7 with all the latest (as of last year) technology. My internet is superfast.

Arrgghhh!
Apparently, I had the same problem https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sh...ht=brio+stream (post #120). Changing the pc solved it, lolololol ))
Now I only use a small ringlight and the ceiling light, so u don't need lots of lights.

Can you give the specs of your pc? What windows are you using? Do you have USB 3.0 port? (my old pc had that but it wasn't functional). What graphics card do you have? (It may be related to how many FPS the brio can process).
Edit / DeleteEdit Post Quick reply to this messageReply Reply With QuoteReply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Thanks Blog this Post
The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:
sexysusie
12-05-2019, 09:25 PM#80
God/dess

Cutie101's AvatarJoined
May 2014
Thanks
Yeehaw
Female
I'm getting itchy feet for a new machine. This time I'm going for a desktop. So other than being an i9 what should i look for? I only split 4 sites now but do have skype open and often working in adobe premiere too.
I have written here, the specs of my computer. Maybe it helps you https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sh...light=computer (post #143)
The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:
sexysusie
12-05-2019, 09:49 PM#81
God/dess

sexysusie's AvatarJoined
Apr 2012
Thanks
Aggressive
Female
Quote Originally Posted by Cutie101 View Post
Apparently, I had the same problem https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sh...ht=brio+stream (post #120). Changing the pc solved it, lolololol ))

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16GB memory, Nvidia GForce 970m graphics card integrated memory, and lots of other stuff i can't remember right now. I know it was bang up to date 1 1/2 years ago. I am using windows 10 pro and yes i have usb 3. I have been using premiere pro and photoshop a lot on it recently though, do you think that would affect it? I WISH i could get another pc right now but it won't be this side of Christmas cause pennies...

Edit / DeleteEdit Post Quick reply to this messageReply Reply With QuoteReply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Thanks Blog this Post 12-05-2019, 10:32 PM#82
God/dess

Cutie101's AvatarJoined
May 2014
Thanks
Yeehaw
Female
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16GB memory, Nvidia GForce 970m graphics card integrated memory, and lots of other stuff i can't remember right now. I know it was bang up to date 1 1/2 years ago. I am using windows 10 pro and yes i have usb 3. I have been using premiere pro and photoshop a lot on it recently though, do you think that would affect it? I WISH i could get another pc right now but it won't be this side of Christmas cause pennies...
Hmm, I think you need a separate and better graphics card.Especially because you use photoshop and premiere. What you have now, may slow down your pc, because it's a pretty weak graphics card and the PC is struggling to keep up with the editing/ streaming, etc. I have put above a link to a post of mine where I posted my pc specs. The graphics card I listed there, is not too expensive and it's perfect for editing (ASUS GeForce® GTX 1060 DUAL 3GB- https://www.amazon.co.uk/Geforce-GeF...5602689&sr=8-4) .

That may be the issue, I believe the webcam has strong connection with the graphics card, because the demands are higher for HD streaming. Especially, if you use OBS, or other softwares to stream.
If you decide to buy, try to do it from a store that accepts returns, in case the problem isn't solving, even tho, it's a good investment if you're planning to get another pc, so you won't need to buy again, because, nowadays, dedicated graphics cards are an important part of a computer, since we do all this editing/ streaming.

I really hope it's just this, uh, but I can't seem to find another problem, since your PC has pretty good specs overall...

Btw, if you buy one, make sure to have all the drivers up to date (including windows), to make sure it will run smooth!

I hope other girls can bring their oppinions, maybe I am wrong, but this may be the only logical issue...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:
Esixxx,laurielegs,sexysusie,SoloDesire
12-06-2019, 12:30 AM#83
God/dess

sexysusie's AvatarJoined
Apr 2012
Thanks
Aggressive
Female
I've been streaming in hd for years though with no problems. It's just the brio hates my computer lol. I returned the razer kyo for the same issue. The c920 was always a great backup but it seems it can't work alongside the brio grrr. Do graphics cards wear out?

I have my eye on the new amd ryzen 3900x next. I may just have to plump for a new graphics card before then thiugh. Thank you for the link. I love your new beast of a machine btw!

Edit / DeleteEdit Post Quick reply to this messageReply Reply With QuoteReply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Thanks Blog this Post 12-09-2019, 12:55 PM#84
God/dess

minniesoporno's AvatarJoined
Dec 2004
Thanks
Thanked 6,010 Times in 2,531 PostsBlog Entries
My Mood
Cheerful
Female
I was searching reviews on the new elgato key light trying to figure out how to mount it on a Micke Desk from ikea because I don't think I can get a standing desk because of the space in my room.

Plus been looking at getting a PTZ camera, as I miss having one similar to the setup I had with my ebenk remote tripod head with using the sony handycam or my old JVC 290 set up.

My room the outlets are weirdly placed so I am looking at back up power surge protectors to handle the 2 desktop computers, plus lighting and PTZ cameras.

Then my youtube home page showed me this interesting live of all things PTZ camera set ups.

Stripperweb is closing! Join me over at WeCamgirls

A part of all you earn is yours to keep. It should be not less than a tenth no matter how little you earn. It can be as much more as you can afford. - Richest Man in Babylon

Youtube : youtube.com/minniecriley | Facebook MinnieCRiley | Instagram @MinnieCRiley | Twitter @MinnieCRiley
The Following User Says Thank You to minniesoporno For This Useful Post:
Nikki_Fox
12-09-2019, 01:22 PM#85
PhatGirlDynomite!!! PhatGirlDynomite!!! is invisible

PhatGirlDynomite!!!'s AvatarJoined
Sep 2012
Thanks
Thanked 24,539 Times in 6,793 PostsMy Mood
Amused
Female
Quote Originally Posted by minniesoporno View Post
I was searching reviews on the new elgato key light trying to figure out how to mount it on a Micke Desk from ikea because I don't think I can get a standing desk because of the space in my room.

The ElGato key light comes with a mount but I don't think it will fit on the desk you have? Your desk needs to have a somewhat slender edge to clasp onto. The one you have looks like it may be a little too thick, unless you open your droor and mount it there. ElGato now sells the mount independently of the Key light but some pieces are sold out, like the flex arm. It's called the multi mount.

NEW STRIPPERWEB BACKUP. Sign up HERE!
Edit / DeleteEdit Post Quick reply to this messageReply Reply With QuoteReply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Blog this Post
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:
minniesoporno,MsJess,Nikki_Fox
12-11-2019, 07:11 PM#86
Featured Member

naomi_doll's AvatarJoined
Mar 2017
Thanks
Thanked 2,730 Times in 1,019 PostsMy Mood
Happy
Female
I have to say I had no idea how important a good computer/lights/cam was! I finally logged into streamate and imlive with my new computer and lights, and guys were pouring into my room and jumping over each over to take me private! (One guy was even like "fuck them, I'll take you private" when I was trying to convince another guy) OMG! If I add better and better hustle techniques, I'll be indestructible!
"The prize never goes to the fastest guy, it goes to the guy who slows down the least."
Discord Support Group for Cammodels and Strippers - https://discord.gg/JtGdjv6zWZ
Remove Your Thanks
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to naomi_doll For This Useful Post:
Esixxx,Nikki_Fox,PhatGirlDynomite!!!,sexysusie,webcamcutie
12-11-2019, 09:26 PM#87

Sep 2012
Thanks
Amused
Female
Quote Originally Posted by naomi_doll View Post
I have to say I had no idea how important a good computer/lights/cam was! I finally logged into streamate and imlive with my new computer and lights, and guys were pouring into my room and jumping over each over to take me private! (One guy was even like "fuck them, I'll take you private" when I was trying to convince another guy) OMG! If I add better and better hustle techniques, I'll be indestructible!
Yup! Tech upgrades will help advance your stream and not just because stronger processors can handle encoders better but lighting helps too. Plus the upgrades are visible on the customers end. Keep going girl! ♥️
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:
naomi_doll,Nikki_Fox
12-12-2019, 11:36 PM#88
God/dess

Cutie101's AvatarJoined
May 2014
Thanks
Yeehaw
Female
Omg, I just saw this new processor from AMD. HOLY fuck!!! 12 cores 24 threads for only $500?!?!?! Yessss!!
https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/E...web_2528920011

And for $150 extra, you get 16 cores and 32 threads!!! https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-Thr..._dp&th=1&psc=1
Reading the user reviews, has got me aware that I need a high quality RAM and motherboard and a strong cooler, wich means, the overall computer wouldn't be that cheap to build but... I could easily stream on 10 sites with something like those AMD's... And I'd need an extra monitor. but the money I'd make...

I mean, I paid in January about $500 on my i9 9900k processor alone and it has 8 cores and 16 threads!!!

Hmmm.. fuck...
Last edited by Cutie101; 12-12-2019 at 11:52 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:
Nikki_Fox,sexysusie
12-13-2019, 12:36 AM#89

Sep 2012
Thanks
Amused
Female
Quote Originally Posted by Cutie101 View Post
Omg, I just saw this new processor from AMD. HOLY fuck!!! 12 cores 24 threads for only $500?!?!?! Yessss!!
https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/E...web_2528920011

And for $150 extra, you get 16 cores and 32 threads!!! https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-Thr..._dp&th=1&psc=1

Hmmm.. fuck...
I'm having a new setup being built right now using computer parts from old computers plus new tech for only $900. The most expensive part was the I9 processor. I use to be hesitant when it came to having a PC built vs buying one straight out of the box. My biggest concerns are surrounding individual warranties and having to take my computer apart later down the road. It's amazing how much money I'm saving by recycling parts from stuff just laying around the house. I'm even using parts from old laptops to build a monster desktop. It's definitely best if you can find an entity that's easy to work with. Because some will just try to upsell you with Bigger Better Faster Stronger = GIVE ME MORE MONEY.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:
Cutie101,sexysusie
12-14-2019, 02:06 PM#90
Featured Member

May 2012
Thanks
To the hosts streaming on Streamate using SMC, question:

Sometimes it'll be at 2.38 (rarely ever higher! It used to be at 2.50 before they did the update where you can record your streaming) and it'll change to 2.35, 2.30, back to 2.38, etc. I know that if I try to use SMB vs SMC it'll still be at 2.50 like its supposed to be.

Name: smcbitrate2.PNG
Views: 37
Size: 8.7 KB
ID: 52467Click image for larger version.

Name: smcbitrate.PNG
Views: 41
Size: 8.6 KB
ID: 52468

I'm just trying to pinpoint if its an issue with my webcam or if its normal for others too? thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to webcamcutie For This Useful Post:
Erika_Xstacy
12-14-2019, 02:35 PM#91
Featured Member

seicento's AvatarJoined
Feb 2013
Thanks
Thanked 1,976 Times in 850 PostsFemale
Quote Originally Posted by webcamcutie View Post
To the hosts streaming on Streamate using SMC, question:

Name: smcbitrate2.PNG
Views: 37
Size: 8.7 KB
ID: 52467Click image for larger version.

Name: smcbitrate.PNG
Views: 41
Size: 8.6 KB
ID: 52468

Does the same for me. I think 2.38 is the max I've seen in SMC. With SMB I always have 2.50.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seicento For This Useful Post:
Erika_Xstacy,webcamcutie
12-14-2019, 02:40 PM#92
Featured Member

May 2012
Thanks
Quote Originally Posted by seicento View Post
Does the same for me. I think 2.38 is the max I've seen in SMC. With SMB I always have 2.50.
ah okay, thank you for the response! its been doing the same thing to me since they rolled that update out. boo. hope they fix it!
The Following User Says Thank You to webcamcutie For This Useful Post:
Erika_Xstacy
12-18-2019, 12:52 AM#93
God/dess

Erika_Xstacy's AvatarJoined
Apr 2015
Thanks
Thanked 5,724 Times in 1,875 PostsFemale
Quote Originally Posted by webcamcutie View Post
ah okay, thank you for the response! its been doing the same thing to me since they rolled that update out. boo. hope they fix it!
same for me for months using smc
I am lit up like fireworks in here, added more lights today .. this room does suck but never had this issue before
Bought a new webcam today, my wires went to shit over time
I use a c922 and held a 2.50 streaming auto @ 1440

now im still c922
struggle between 2.25 nd Im doing good to hold it at 2.35
resolution is 720

huge difference and nothing changed on my end but that stupid update
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erika_Xstacy For This Useful Post:
Nikki_Fox,webcamcutie
12-26-2019, 12:15 PM#94

Sep 2012
Thanks
Amused
Female
Quote Originally Posted by PhatGirlDynomite!!! View Post
I'm having a new setup being built right now using computer parts from old computers plus new tech for only $900. The most expensive part was the I9 processor. I use to be hesitant when it came to having a PC built vs buying one straight out of the box. My biggest concerns are surrounding individual warranties and having to take my computer apart later down the road. It's amazing how much money I'm saving by recycling parts from stuff just laying around the house. I'm even using parts from old laptops to build a monster desktop. It's definitely best if you can find an entity that's easy to work with. Because some will just try to upsell you with Bigger Better Faster Stronger = GIVE ME MORE MONEY.
I just got my new setup and I'm gonna go out to get an Ultra Wide Monitor. Hopefully I'll be able to get one today from BestBuy and they'll do a price match for Amazon. If not I'll just order it online. I'm always a little apprehensive about ordering something this delicate online. With this new set up I just might be able to rule the world!
Erika_Xstacy,Nikki_Fox
01-09-2020, 07:08 AM#95

Sorceress's AvatarJoined
Dec 2019
Thanks
Thanked 43 Times in 20 PostsMy Mood
Crappy
Female
Got a quick question since I’m at my research phase before starting to buy stuff for my new PC build. I’m starting from the scratch because I have a HP laptop from 4 years ago that is begging to retire.

So, as also I will be using for gaming, specially because when I’m bored I play, I was wondering if 64GB is overkill, doesn’t make any sense? I’m not concerned about budgeting as I want to get something that I won’t be worried for the next 4-5 years.

For processor I am focusing on i9 9900K 8 cores. Would that be enough? I want a powerful setup to run 5 websites, Skype/Discord and a videogame like Elder Scrolls V Skyrim, The Sims 3/4 or Fallout 4. By the way, I am currently not splitcamming and I realize I should do, so that’s why I’m investing in it.
Edit / DeleteEdit Post Quick reply to this messageReply Reply With QuoteReply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Thanks Blog this Post 01-09-2020, 05:15 PM#96

Sep 2012
Thanks
Amused
Female
Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
Got a quick question since I’m at my research phase before starting to buy stuff for my new PC build. I’m starting from the scratch because I have a HP laptop from 4 years ago that is begging to retire.

Is this an out of the box PC or something you're having built? That processor should handle most anything but there's more to it than that. Make sure you read the first post.

https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sh...=1#post3136748
Edit / DeleteEdit Post Quick reply to this messageReply Reply With QuoteReply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Blog this Post 01-11-2020, 01:52 PM#97
God/dess

CatBBW's AvatarJoined
Dec 2013
Thanks
Thanked 2,894 Times in 1,040 PostsFemale
Which webcams would you recommend aside from Logitech? I already have a C920 and would like to have a different make with similar specs (and price (or lower!), hopefully!).
Edit / DeleteEdit Post Quick reply to this messageReply Reply With QuoteReply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Thanks Blog this Post 01-11-2020, 08:36 PM#98
God/dess

sexysusie's AvatarJoined
Apr 2012
Thanks
Aggressive
Female
Logitech are the best. The brio

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sexysusie For This Useful Post:
caramelcraze,CatBBW,TheBrownFox,webcamcutie
01-12-2020, 11:46 AM#99

Sep 2012
Thanks
Amused
Female
Quote Originally Posted by CatBBW View Post
Which webcams would you recommend aside from Logitech? I already have a C920 and would like to have a different make with similar specs (and price (or lower!), hopefully!).
If you're trying to avoid Logitech as a second webcam all together, then there's the Microsoft Lifecam Studio. They go for around $50 but the quality isn't as great as the C920.

And then there's a ton of Chinese knock off brands like Logitubo/Angetube. I think they changed the name to mostly Angetube? You can get them for as little as $25 on eBay.

Last edited by PhatGirlDynomite!!!; 04-15-2020 at 09:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:
CatBBW
01-12-2020, 02:13 PM#100
God/dess

sexysusie's AvatarJoined
Apr 2012
Thanks
Aggressive
Female
If she's really wanting to avoid logitech then the razer kiyo would be a good choice. The microsoft lifecam is one i had when i started out in 2011, can't imagine for a second it would hold up today :/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sexysusie For This Useful Post:
CatBBW,TheBrownFox
Moderation Tools (0)+ Reply to ThreadPage 4 of 21FirstFirstPrevious...2345614...NextLastLast
Quick ReplyQuick Reply
Show your signature
Close this thread