The Official 'What's On Your Mind' Thread

This is a forum for general topics about the cammodel industry. Open to all members.
EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:14 pm

Esixxx wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:56 pm
EtherealMOD wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:06 pm My dog is sick y'all. I'm so stressed out. He's in his 16th year, but five days ago he went into a decline. At first he started to refuse his food for two days and then I started giving him a crumbled up duck egg with his food. That seems to do the trick. But now he's not able to jump up on his usual spots because it seems that his back legs aren't sturdy. He can do it but he requires assistance. I'm freaking out and I can't get a vet appointment for another 10 days. Right now I have him bundled up on a heating pad while cocooned with a flannel blanket. PXL_20230203_210436487.MP.jpg
I’m so sorry. (((Hugs)))

Do they have emergency veterinary hospitals in your area?
We do have an emergency vet, but even they are by appointment. Ever since COVID 2020, they don't allow entry into their facility. You need an appointment or wait outside in a line. I went through this with a neighbor and her dog during the summer. We got there at around 3am, but it wasn't until sunrise when we finally got to fill out paperwork. At that point we could have just waited until her regular vet opened up an hour later.

Genoveve
Hustler
Reactions:

Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:03 pm

EtherealMOD wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:14 pmWe do have an emergency vet, but even they are by appointment. Ever since COVID 2020, they don't allow entry into their facility. You need an appointment or wait outside in a line. I went through this with a neighbor and her dog during the summer. We got there at around 3am, but it wasn't until sunrise when we finally got to fill out paperwork. At that point we could have just waited until her regular vet opened up an hour later.
That's what happened wiith my dog. The last 6 months of her life she had a bunch of health issues and because of covid we had to go to the emergency vet and wait in the car each time in order to actually get a same day appointment. Fortunately the longest we ever waited was a couple hours because I make my own schedule and could arrive early AF, but if we had arrived later in the day it would have been way longer.

When it was time for her to go I used one of those services where they come to your house to do the euthenasia and I really recommend it. Especially because it costs $600, but the regular vet quoted me like $440. And that $600 included the ashes and her paw print....etc.

Still miss my baby every day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aka Genoveve
SoloDesire
Reactions:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:08 pm

EtherealMOD wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:08 pm
SoloDesire wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:02 pm Anyone else obsessed with watching the Alex Murdaugh trial?! Just me? Okay. Lol

I've been tuned in every day on Emily D Baker's YouTube channel since she streams it and gives good commentary to help me understand things. I'm a true crime junkie.
Is that the same dude who tried to fake his suicide as a homicide but failed? There's so many shenanigans going on right now that if there isn't some sorta hook, I can't keep up.
LOL, yes!! There's so much crooked, thieving, suspicious backstory to him it's ridiculous!

SoloDesire
Reactions:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:10 pm

EtherealMOD wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:14 pm
Esixxx wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:56 pm
EtherealMOD wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:06 pm My dog is sick y'all. I'm so stressed out. He's in his 16th year, but five days ago he went into a decline. At first he started to refuse his food for two days and then I started giving him a crumbled up duck egg with his food. That seems to do the trick. But now he's not able to jump up on his usual spots because it seems that his back legs aren't sturdy. He can do it but he requires assistance. I'm freaking out and I can't get a vet appointment for another 10 days. Right now I have him bundled up on a heating pad while cocooned with a flannel blanket. PXL_20230203_210436487.MP.jpg
I’m so sorry. (((Hugs)))

Do they have emergency veterinary hospitals in your area?
We do have an emergency vet, but even they are by appointment. Ever since COVID 2020, they don't allow entry into their facility. You need an appointment or wait outside in a line. I went through this with a neighbor and her dog during the summer. We got there at around 3am, but it wasn't until sunrise when we finally got to fill out paperwork. At that point we could have just waited until her regular vet opened up an hour later.
I just saw your post about your dog. I'm so sorry...dealing with sick pets is the worst. I hope he gets better soon <3

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:35 pm

I feel for you. I'm sorry you and your dog are going through this. It's ridiculous that they don't allow any time for emergencies, even at the emergency vet. Why even call it that? I wonder if l they would at least let you pick up some pain medication?

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:38 pm

Thanks for the love regarding my little ol man. This morning we had to drive four hours to get a vet appointment. It was our old vet when we lived in Orlando. Can y'all believe that? I called her up and explained the situation and immediately she was like "Get him here NOW!".

I used to foster dogs and that was the vet our group went to. She remembered that and showed us some love. My precious angel is in kidney failure based on the symptoms. The blood work won't come back until Tuesday at the latest.

Currently he only seems to be interested in eating the crappiest dog food and that's okay. As long as he's eating. He's not giving up yet or has signaled that it's his time. No matter what I just want him to be comfortable.

Marina
Reactions:

Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:47 pm

EtherealMOD wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:38 pm Thanks for the love regarding my little ol man. This morning we had to drive four hours to get a vet appointment. It was our old vet when we lived in Orlando. Can y'all believe that? I called her up and explained the situation and immediately she was like "Get him here NOW!".

I used to foster dogs and that was the vet our group went to. She remembered that and showed us some love. My precious angel is in kidney failure based on the symptoms. The blood work won't come back until Tuesday at the latest.

Currently he only seems to be interested in eating the crappiest dog food and that's okay. As long as he's eating. He's not giving up yet or has signaled that it's his time. No matter what I just want him to be comfortable.
Sending love and healing your way!

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:17 pm

We have new neighbors who don't seem to understand how Florida works. I understand that it can be mystifying for some folks, but this is the land of the wild and free. I'm mostly speaking about wild animals.

These folks are from Delaware and believe that the amount of reptiles running through their yard is because other neighbors don't cut their grass every two days.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:22 pm

Marina wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:47 pm
EtherealMOD wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:38 pm Thanks for the love regarding my little ol man. This morning we had to drive four hours to get a vet appointment. It was our old vet when we lived in Orlando. Can y'all believe that? I called her up and explained the situation and immediately she was like "Get him here NOW!".

Sending love and healing your way!
Thank you so much @Marina

He's still moving around and up for walks but his back legs don't have any spring to them. He can jump down but jumping up is an issue. Also he has an appetite but is being very particular about what he eats. So far he loves lays potato chips. I've been giving him a syringe of bone broth for dogs mixed with pumpkin puree.

I know he won't live forever but I think it's a good sign that he's still mobile and interested in food.

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:25 am

My daughter and grandkids recently moved to my apartment complex. I keep buying them treats but I end up gradually eating them all.

I'm enjoying having them nearby. I hardly ever got to see them when they lived in an area that was hard to drive to. We are making up for lost time.