The Official 'What's On Your Mind' Thread

This is a forum for general topics about the cammodel industry. Open to all members.
Genoveve
Hustler
Reactions:

Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:24 pm

I understand. When I lost my Enki I was inconsolable. I don’t have anything uplifting to say because even though she died 18 months ago I’m still not over it. I am spiritual and I believe that she’s completely fine wherever she is now, but it still sucks for me because we’re not together. You’re gonna keep thinking you hear her and see her around the house for a long time. :-/

aka Genoveve
Genoveve
Hustler
Reactions:

Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:29 pm

When Enki got sick it came out of nowhere, on a Sunday night I discovered her throat was swollen and she was euthanized Thursday morning, it was that fast. I was so not ready because she was such a healthy vibrant dog, no one believed she was a senior. I assumed we had years left together. But, I think it’s best that it came out of nowhere and that she was perfectly fine one week and then in heaven the next. I never had to watch her slowly deteriorate, she didn’t have to experience her quality of life decreasing over the course of years. She was just fine one week and peaced out the next, and that’s what I would want for myself.

aka Genoveve
EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:04 pm

I turned our home into a perfect kitty jungle gym! She's gone but everything is still here. Thank you for understanding because I suppose there's nothing real to help folks while grieving. She was something special. Thank you for understanding what I'm going through.
aurelia wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:24 pm I understand. When I lost my Enki I was inconsolable. I don’t have anything uplifting to say because even though she died 18 months ago I’m still not over it. I am spiritual and I believe that she’s completely fine wherever she is now, but it still sucks for me because we’re not together. You’re gonna keep thinking you hear her and see her around the house for a long time. :-/

Genoveve
Hustler
Reactions:

Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:22 pm

There really is nothing that helps. They are in a better place but we are still here without them having to deal with the hole that they left.

It’s crazy how different people mourn too. My bff when her beloved cat died had to put all of her pics of him away because it hurt too much. I’m the opposite though and keep pictures of all my babies up and have Enki’s ashes on my nightstand.

Speaking of death (oh joy) the last time I was at my mom’s she was having me go through all of her (now dead) partner’s books since she’s going to be donating them all. So I was going through them and taking the ones I wanted and it just made me sad because I always think the hardest part about when someone dies is having to deal will all of their stuff. It’s like they’re gone so now you’re just packing up the remnants of their life.

However when I flipped through one of the books I kept I found an old bookmark from like 1974 in it and it had a unicorn on it and said ‘’Some things need to be believed to be seen.’’ It was so special to me because unicorns are one of my favorite things ever and I love the metaphysical.

aka Genoveve
Marina
Reactions:

Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:49 am

@EtherealMOD I'm sorry for the loss of your cat. I hope you allow yourself the space to feel and process.

Sending some chocolate cake that I bought from Whole Foods your way and I hope you have a gentle day!

Esixxx
Hustler
Reactions:

Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:50 pm

EtherealMOD wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:18 pm I just had to put my cat down. I was trying to prepare myself to say goodbye to my dog, but now it's my baby girl. My heart is hurting.
Jesus...I am so sorry. Take care of yourself.

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:54 am

EtherealMOD wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:18 pm I just had to put my cat down. I was trying to prepare myself to say goodbye to my dog, but now it's my baby girl. My heart is hurting.
I'm so sorry. I know there is nothing anyone can say to ease your pain but I wanted to tell you I'm thinking about you. You are surrounded with people who care here.
((Hugs))

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:39 pm

I just said goodbye to my beloved fluffy little puppy. I wasn't as hysterical this time around because I just went through this with Whisper girl. It's like she prepared me for what was to come. He would have been 16 in August and I've had him since he was 7 weeks old. Guru Dog was my homeboy. But I gotta keep moving because I have so many other responsibilities. I'm sad but I also feel free? It's an odd feeling.

Thank you all for showing me kindness during this time . I really appreciate it. Thank you. 💗

bigbum
Hustler
Reactions:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:28 pm

EtherealMOD wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:04 pm I turned our home into a perfect kitty jungle gym! She's gone but everything is still here. Thank you for understanding because I suppose there's nothing real to help folks while grieving. She was something special. Thank you for understanding what I'm going through.

so sorry to hear about your baby. she was your family. try to take it easy.

Genoveve
Hustler
Reactions:

Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:30 pm

^^I guess they really wanted to go together.

aka Genoveve