The Streamate Thread

All Streamate threads go here.
camrynmoore
Reactions:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:16 am

The site went down for a like an hour yesterday, and traffic hasn't really recovered since. It's not you!

Also the thanks button is currently only in the verified section. But it's being worked on.

NYMami
Reactions:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:26 am

camrynmoore wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:16 am The site went down for a like an hour yesterday, and traffic hasn't really recovered since. It's not you!

Also the thanks button is currently only in the verified section. But it's being worked on.
Is that why it’s unbelievably slow? I went on for two hours last night around 9:30 pm EST and it was so dead. I was going to stay on longer, but I couldn’t take it. I also just finished up my morning shift and it was also super dead. Trying to hit $150 was like pulling teeth.

I’ve never had my average hourly rate so low before. Even in September when it was slow my hourly average was higher than it was last night and this morning.

pippapippa
Reactions:

Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:09 pm

I'm so glad to hear it wasn't just me struggling. I worked nine hours to make my goal and it was absolutely miserable the entire time. I haven't worked a day that long or bad in so long.

NYMami
Reactions:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:27 pm

pippapippa wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:09 pm I'm so glad to hear it wasn't just me struggling. I worked nine hours to make my goal and it was absolutely miserable the entire time. I haven't worked a day that long or bad in so long.
I’ve done shifts that long and it wouldn’t even be miserable because I would have a steady flow and would still make at LEAST $400.

Now I feel like it’s going to be a struggle just to hit $350-$400 a day right now. I’m gonna have to add on hours every day just to hit those goals and it’s gonna be miserable. I’m hoping it picks up after the next couple of days and it’s not like this all month long. It’s tax season after all.

Susperia
Reactions:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:06 pm

Its comforting to know this slowness isn't happening to just me....I was beginnning to fear the worst . I love camming and I really hope traffic gets back to normal soon because its so hard to stay on when there is hardly any traffic to work with. I know traffic usually gets bad when they work on improving the site and I see there was a message about a "custom list" being added to our dashboard...ok so that's why the site is so glitchy??? I hope things get back to normal soon for all of us.

bigbum
Hustler
Reactions:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:11 pm

Have you ladies had issues with black screen on the client end of your feed ? but seems to be "streaming excellent" on your end?
or any such issues like audio ect?
ive had issues since Saturday. I am going to send my screen to sm. but wanted to check in with you ladies first.
yeah yesterday was crazy slow because I think the site wasn't working.

LulaXOXOX
Reactions:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:39 pm

ooof so glad there is a new place to vent, i'm so sad about SW closing!

don't know about anyone else, but i'm generally pretty worried about the state of things on SM these days. it has been my bread and butter for almost 10 years now - i've always been very part time and got by just keeping my overheads low, but i've had pretty much the most expensive few months of my life, and it's coinciding with a severe downturn of traffic for me that i have never experienced before. there have definitely been times over the past few years where it's felt really dead, and then i crunch the numbers and see that i'm just getting anxious and things aren't that bad. this time it's different - my hourly average has dropped to about a third of what it was last year, and it has stayed that way for a few weeks now. i've had several shifts in a row where i've sat online for a few hours (i rarely last longer than 3.5 hours at the best of times) and made literally zero. i'm now at a point where i'm struggling to cover my bills, and the thing that sucks the most about it is that i was really hoping to save up and transition out of SW this year, but now i just feel totally stuck.

i'm hoping to give NF a go - my most popular tag on SM is 'sexy voice' so it's kind of daft that i haven't given it a go before now, but SM has always picked up again before i've had to really try anywhere else. i'm nervous and tired and it feels like getting good listings up takes a lot of work, but i'm freaking out and really am worried that SM is just going to stay this way for me forever! it's heartening to see that other girls are still getting good shifts but it's also a bit of a worry for me, like what does it mean? i'm not doing anything differently.... maybe that's the problem?! ugh it's just such a mental drain and i miss dependable income and am so so bored of wasting my time...

anyway, how's that for a first post?! sorry for the rant, thank you so much to those who've put the work in to create another space for us to chat - it is truly soooo appreciated!!

Genoveve
Hustler
Reactions:

Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:04 pm

Bigbum I did almost 4.5 hours yesterday and did not seem to experience that glitch. Idk if that’s helpful or not. I’m a PC user, on chrome.

aka Genoveve
sandy
Reactions:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:48 pm

I've been getting a lot of comments that I'm too expensive lately. I mean, I've always received that kind of comment, and I know guys will complain no matter how you're priced, but it's more frequent for me lately. It's bumming me out because I haven't increased my rate for nearly two years even throughout record inflation. Ideally I would like to raise my rate, but I'm at 9.99/11.99 a minute currently, and I'm not sure realistically how much more I could increase it. Just having a rant :)

ggminx
Hustler
Reactions:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:40 am

sandy wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:48 pm I've been getting a lot of comments that I'm too expensive lately. I mean, I've always received that kind of comment, and I know guys will complain no matter how you're priced, but it's more frequent for me lately. It's bumming me out because I haven't increased my rate for nearly two years even throughout record inflation. Ideally I would like to raise my rate, but I'm at 9.99/11.99 a minute currently, and I'm not sure realistically how much more I could increase it. Just having a rant :)
I've been in the same boat with the exact same price levels as you for the same length of time. I keep it that price, however might be considering a discount day once per quarter to the current price (9.99/11.99) and raise the rates to something higher, but not sure what.

it can get the guys that are saying it's getting to expensive for them to save and schedule in for that one day per quarter, hopefully be super busy on the discount day, and it might even get custies to double think, maybe I should just go at the new rate because of being so busy that day it's hard for them to get into paid chat...and it takes too long to wait once per quarter.

and then custies that have been thinking about spending and have not spent yet can spend on that discount day to dip their toes into the water and hopefully start spending at regular price.

ETA: I've also been thinking about it the opposite scenario with having the one day per quarter being max price for all the findom/paypig/wallets to happily spend that day