Archived Black Camgirls and Success

Camming Connection: Our virtual home for "virtual" strippers! Get the ins-and-outs of webcam modeling here.
EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:19 pm

AngelCummings;2052812 wrote:So I read a comment in another thread about how MFC isn't really a "black girl" site, and it got me thinking... Even though both of my parents are biracial, for all intents and purposes I'm "black" lol, and I think I certianly look more black than anything else. But anyway, I was just wondering if black girls can realistically even reach the top in this industry? Because on most of these sites I don't think Ive ever seen a black girl in the top 20, much less the top 5, but ive seen all other races be top cam girls. Is it posible to make it into the top ten on any of these sites as a model of African Descent, and is it possible for a black cam girl to make 500 - 1k a day like some of these other top chicks? It seems like a lot of black models on here have been struggling, or has it been everyone? Which sites are most favorable for women of color? I'm not trying to be a negative Nelly, but I just want to have a realistic idea of how far I can go in this industry and not end up sorely dissappointed. I'm hoping we can have a civil but very honest and open discussion about this.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:21 pm

Arialandre;2052827 wrote:I think that it helps if people stop pigeon holeing themselves. I am SO much more than my skin colour. I think that black women will make it to the top when they stop thinking of themselves as black and start thinking of themselves as business people like any other business person. I was super shitty on MFC up until now. Was it because I was black and didn't stand a chance? No it was because I was absolute SHIT at the MFC system, I didnt understand it, I hated free chat and didn't like the environment. Then yesterday I had another $200 day when before I was going DAYS with making NOTHING or $2 MAX on MFC. My skin colour didn't suddenly change my ATTITUDE did.

Do people see the colour of my skin? Sure, the way the see my red hair, big boobs or sweet smile. What people either love or hate about me isn't my skin colour it's my PERSONALITY. It's my PERSONALITY that people fall in love with and want to spoil. Do I get ebony skin lovers flocking to my room? Sure I do, but what keeps them in MY room and not some other black girls room is my attitude and pep.

I honestly think that what's keeping women of colour out of the top twenty isn't their skin it's their minds. They are so busy thinking of their skin colour and what disadvantages it could cause they're NOT thinking about networking and promos.

Ok I am NOT picking on you I just want to use your post as an example for a minute. In the time it took you to sit there and fret about your skin colour and what everyone else is saying about black girls in the industry and writing this post you could have been making sexy content, tweeting to your followers, sitting on MFC giggling, laughing and playing tipping games.

Do you see what I mean hun? The energy you used to stress over skin colour could have been used to get PAID.

I am not my skin colour. I am not my hair. I am not my weight. I will make top dollar because of my mind and my abilities. I am black and I am sure I made more money yesterday than some of the white girls on this site did. I have gained a ton of weight, but I'm sure I made more money than some of the little pixie girls did yesterday. There will ALWAYS be something that we are told will hold us back or hold us down but that's bullshit sweety so pay it no mind. What WILL hold you back EVERY time is your mind. Your outlook on life. You are NOT your skin. Look at Michael Jackson. He went from black to noseless alien creature, but the change in his outer appearance did not change his inner TALENT.

Also you want to see a top black woman on the net go check out Goddess Tierra.

If you want to be in the top 20 hun then BE in the top 20. Study the top girls, learn from them, find your own swagger and just DO it. If you think the colour of your skin will hold you back then you are saying being black holds us ALL back. And that's just not true hun cause I'm pretty sure there is a black family in the White House now yeah? If black ppl can run the States then I'm pretty sure we can make it to the top of a stupid cam site shakin our asses for a living. Cause come on now we're BLACK, we usually have more ass to shake anyway!

*hugs*
Smurfette;2052831 wrote:Okay I'm not black so I can't really comment but I would think that being black on MFC or other predominantly white sites would actually work IN YOUR FAVOR, simply because it provides members with something different. I know when I'm browsing camsites I'm waaaaayy more likely to click on a smokin' ebony goddess than "skinny blond white girl #272619".

Sure not everyone is into black girls, but not everyone is into blond Barbie-doll types either, tattoo types, small boobs, BBW, etc. etc. there's a niche for everything but just because you're not in the blond white girl category doesn't mean you'll fail at webcam... in fact you'll probably do BETTER if you work at it.
Ms.Lacey;2052832 wrote:I agree with everything that was said in this thread but lets be real the color of our skin will always be relevant. I am sure lots of girls want to be in the top 20, hell I have seen "black" models that are more attractive, fun with all the personality in the world on MFC and still have a CS of 3k or less. I make my money and yes $400 or better I can and do make when I not being lazy. I will never ignore who I am as a women or a black women in the cam industry or let it hold me back.
ShellyConnors;2052839 wrote:Great post Aria... it really made me *feel* something.
TheBrownFox;2052840 wrote:I think the fact that there are very little Black women could work in our favor. 8) I know there are a lot of White men who have a preference for Black women, and there are a lot of Black men who prefer to go to a Black woman's room. I've logged out of my MFC chat before at the end of my "shift" and peeked in on a few other Black girls' rooms, and I saw some of my regulars in there. They didn't wanna see me go, but when I did they wanted to find another Black girl who was online. I've had guys come into my room and say "Wow, I finally found a Black girl on here!" Lol.

It makes me happy to know that guys are bypassing attractive, top-earning girls (many of them who do public toy shows, which I DON'T do) who are at the top of the list to come see me, who is further down on the list. :D

I wouldn't worry about being a Black girl on MFC, because guys who are into Black girls are REALLY into Black girls...and they will tell you over and over how much they looooove Black women. :) And once they click on your thumbnail pic to enter your room to witness your beauty for themselves (inner beauty and outer beauty), if they're really diggin your personality AND you look sexy as hell to them, they will add you to their favorites (or friends list/fave models list/whatever) so they can come see you again...only next time it'll be easier to find you since you're on their list now.
bun;2052846 wrote:I think we can make HELLA money on a lot of sites.

I do not see black women banking on MFC. And I see a lot of great personable black women! I don't think it's because they don't have the drive or the motive to do MFC, I think it's because MFC caters to men who like tiny white women. ;)

I don't mind, because when I MAKE MY PLACE on MFC, it's going to be as massive as my ass. And a place does have to be made. Because right there, we may be making 500 a day, but we're not making 5k a day.

That said, even if I do not ever MAKE MY PLACE on MFC, I will still bank on all other sorts of sites because men do love my fine, fat, yellow ass. ;) I don't need you, MFC! ;)
brownsugardoll;2052850 wrote:I'm not sure how much the top model on sexier.com have to make to be feature as top model. I did see one time a black cam model ranked number #1 on the top model page.

MFC I saw a few times black cam models being feature in the top offline models page not so recent but that just goes to show any model no matter what her ethnicity can do it. Keep in mind some top models cheat just to be shown as top model they do this by tipping ownself or the studios they're working for doing this to keep them ranked up higher. The other top models do it out of hard earned work that involves being a hustler doing contests, theme shows, selling items, spending hours on cam, content promoting self, establish a fanbase. The more effort put into webcam it does help to increase earnings it won't be guarantee that everyday will earn lot but just for advertising does help.
Ms.Lacey;2052868 wrote:On SM the most popular models are Ava Alexander and Candie Cruz both black
ShellyConnors;2052873 wrote:I agree with MFC seeming to be mostly in favor of petite white women, though i do see a few black girls earning on there. Compared to the amount of white women who bank, the 3-4 black women I've ever seen in the top half of the first page really isn't a lot, but like you said there are so many other places to work and ways to make money! MFC isn't the only one. And even still, the top 20/ Miss MFC thing is just a stupid contest. It really means absolutely nothing. What does first place get? Like $500? I'm sure the top black girls make great money there!

I also noticed on MFC a lot of the guys who were in my room the few times I was on there had like, ONLY black girls on their favorites list lol... One guy had like 50 girls on his favorites list, all of them black... it was a great way for me to find black girls on MFC who got lost in the crowd lol... I agree with the point that guys who like black girls REALLY like black girls. And there really aren't many of us in camming cyberspace compared to the amount of others. I truly see that as an advantage. I know I LOVE my placement on Niteflirt. I'm always at the top of my category, even when I haven't logged in or earned money in ages. It rocks!

Great points, though, about how some black girls are higher placed than some white girls on MFC. And how some top white girls are bypassed for some lower placed black girls. I think this boils down to a lot of what Aria was talking about... Attitude. Looks really aren't everything. Sure they matter, but you can have a body out of this world but a shitty attitude and nobody will want to play with you. Lots of the girls on the 2nd and 3rd pages are hot, of all races... but they are BORING. They sit there like zombies dude. Nobody wants that.
Ms.Lacey;2052877 wrote:Another point: on MFC we share a lot of those guys that are really into us because there are so few on there.
ShellyConnors;2052878 wrote:^lol that could be true... it'd be sweet if they all had TONS of money to throw around haha.
bun;2052879 wrote:Oh, another black top ten is our own camwhore!

She rocks it often! ;)
AngelCummings;2052945 wrote:Oh she's in the top ten on MFC? That's really cool I didnt know that!

Thank you guys for all the encouragement :) I feel a little bit better, just curious as to how it works bc even though I started camming in 2009, ive only been on one site and I took a break so I wasn't sure how the industry is working at this point in time in terms of these things.
Arialandre;2052964 wrote:Wow, I could not believe all the thank you's under my post guys. So, you're welcome, lol.

Oh also pls don't think that I am not proud of my skin colour, I love being black. I think that it may be a bit easier for me though to not feel held back by my colour because in day to day life it is NEVER an issue. I grew up in a "meh" sized Canadian city, where it feels like everyone knows everyone. I have never been discriminated against for my colour when it came to job or education. Sure I've had a few racist comments here or there but I could probably count the amount of times on my hand. I grew up surrounded by white people and natives, lol, I have a plain Canadian accent with a bit of a musical lilt. Seriously I got picked on more for my weight than my skin. So maybe the outlook is more about nurture over nature. I have simply never been in a position before where something was denied me due to my skin colour so in a way it makes no sense to me that something ever would. Does that make sense?

Like if you had one child whose parents always told them "When you grow up you can be anything you want to be because you are smart and beautiful and powerful", the kid would carry that with them.

The second kid hears "You're small town trash and you will never go anywhere", they will most likely always carry THAT with them.

In the States there is a whole history of black opression and large communities of black people that still feel the negativity and hear about it over and over, so the thought lingers in their mind like "Hey Im black so people are going to try to keep me down like they always have"

Where as for me I grew up being the only black person I knew until I hit university, the only person that ever told me ppl would try to hold me back was my ex-father (but his word isnt worth shit). Mostly I was told by my family that Im a genious and can do anything if I stop being lazy. No mention of colour or background WHATSOEVER. Just stop being a lazy git and go take over the world already. SO I grew up learning that the only thing that would hold me back is my work ethic.

So I think that it is very important what kind of messages we purpetuate because we carry them with us. You hear something for long enough and you start to believe it in some part of you. So maybe stop and thing about the outlook you have and why. What messages were you sent? And then think, if you hadnt been sent this message over and over would you worry about it? Would you believe it?

I love being back home in the West Indies because the men there LOVE my curves. When I'm in Canada everyone is telling me that I'm fat and something is wrong with me. So am I a curvy Goddess or an overweight slob? Look to your environment and the messages it sends, and then make up you OWN mind about who you are and how far you can go.
Bambalina;2052971 wrote:I think there is an inherent problem with this discussion, which is in almost every discussion of the "Why" of something being popular or not.

In general, they don't have Aria on the cover of Glamour, Vogue, or Cosmopolitan Magazine...Nor do I see bun...

I also don't see the women on the bbwcam site, nor do I see anyone over a size 1, nor do I see any very ethnic looking women unless they are already SERIOUSLY famous. Fat, Ethnic, etc. are not the deeply ingrained mainstream.

So just as Aria points out that black is meaningless to her in a success/failure sense, and to a person told "You'll never be successful! You're black!" will pre-destine to failure, the same is true of MILLIONS of boys being told they are SUPPOSED to like THAT (where THAT is whatever their age tells them is truly attractive) and to deviate is to be "wierd".

Growing up, no matter how thick or thin I got, I always had a little soft round "pot belly" as said in Pulp Fiction...I never thought it was a bad thing, and many many men told me how sexy it was, or would bury their faces in it...but I cannot tell you also the number of people who told me how I can "get rid of the fat tummy"...I never wanted to, and it's yet another aspect of being different and learning to use it as an asset.

Your beingness is an asset. Because just like a foot fetish or a balloon fetish...there is a Bambalina Fetish, and Aria Fetish, a Bun Fetish, and yes, EVEN a CamWhore fetish...now it is up to you to get those people who cannot control themselves into you room and spending...FIND those fetish people.

B
Arialandre;2052982 wrote:Here here!
Bambalina;2052996 wrote:One other point I will make at the risk of stereotyping.

Black people have a culture...Aria seems like she wasn't raised within "black culture"...I think "black culture" can sometimes be a disadvantage for a camgirl.

I'll put it this way. Profile a SugarDaddy, like a profiler does with a serial killer.

Who the Hell is a SugarDaddy? A Whale...Big Money man....etc. Is there anythingS you can say about the guys who have tipped you over $50 at once, or done 1hour PLUS privates...what do they GENERALLY have in common?

Don't read into this. Really consider it.

B
CamWhore;2053004 wrote:I am not in the top 10 of MFC , but I have been top ten in a few spots on several occassions.

That leads me to this :

In order for me to have made top, I put my self in a position to be there... Like just what Aria said.

Im not into MFC shows, I just go to have fun, not work. But if i wanted top 20, Id hire a promoter | Photographer and whatever it took to make it there.

Color really isnt it. Its what you are willing to do.

And as far as me, Im really snobbish on alot of things, so i will never make 5,000 a day.

And want to know a little secret about most girls who make top positions on anysite ? :>>> they bring there own traffic ( sometimes brought in by promo teams ) and most likely spends a considerable amount of time on cam. <<<

When I put time in, and really took it there, I couldn't find time to be on StripperWeb, I was on a roll.
AngelCummings;2053007 wrote:I would LOVE to find a promoter, someone that could bring paying customers to my chatroom and it would definitely be worth it in my opinion, and I also really want to get some high quality photos taken of me but I'm not sure where in my state to find this :(
I definitely wasn't trying to day that being black is my problem or anybody elses - I know for a fact that my primary error has been not putting enough time into this lol. Ive only worked on one site, which doesnt have nearly as much traffic as others and I've always been very inconsistent with my cam schedule and haven't worked more than 5 hours a week. But Ive decided that I want to take this seriously and I just didnt want to spend an immense amount of time and energy into this that I could be investing in my other aspirations and endeavors if I would fail inevitably :/ Idk why Ive had this mindset as I get compliments irl all the time but it was just an inquisitive response to a comment or two I've seen posted recently :)
CamWhore;2053009 wrote:OK but yall know im not gonna sugar coat some shit :

I am not "high class"... yachts boats, and mansions. NO. I am your average girl with money. Thats it.

anyway,

I have been turned away from affiliates, I have been called "ghetto" , Im always asked if im a stripper, people ask what projects I live in.

I am BLACK. and this is the black we mean. we are not talking about no damn AVA ALEXANDER. shes MIXED and doesnt not represent what i KNOW most of you are talking about. we are attempting to sugar coat some shit here. I am BLACK BLACK.
(dont try to break that down, cause you know what I mean by that!) I am SOUL FOOD, BLACK.

we are either treated like a "fetish" or taboo, or a dirty little This word is not allowed..

There are some sites I cant even get people to pay attention to me, no matter how stunning I arrive, or how sweet I am.
Camwhores.com is one of them. I loved that site, but it was deff some racial tension, as well as MyGirlFund.

Now we can act like it doesn't exist, but it DOES.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thingI noticed... cause you see im on both sides of the fence about this..and im sorry for calling out my black woman but i have to:

SOME will not let go of that "Ghetto Fab " attitude. Some of us say we refuse "Sell out". Hell, Ive even said it before. its like we just want people to accept us for us, and stop forcing us to be BECKY.
but STILL, this is not the reality. if you go on a site featuring ditzy bimbos, then you need to act like a dtizy bimbo. If you join OnHerCam, you need to look GOOD and YOUNG.... so look good and young...

we have to play the roles.
we have to be professional.

we have to want to do more than booty shake on cam and expect tokens....we have to do better than coming on cam fully clothed. We have to do better than that " I should be paid because my ass is fat attitude.". Alot of black chicks I personally know thinks its all about looks, and shaking ass. I dont see any of the girls online that I started with....

*ok im rambling*
CamWhore;2053012 wrote:oh also anytime i made top i spent hours on cam, seriously. Being on top requires some blood sweat and tears. I could care less about a postion anymore. once you get to the top, your kinda like ehhhh, and then wanna just chill and relax like everyone else. its a JOB to stay at the top ....

The "Top" is used for motivational purposes obviously.. Girls are competitive and will naturally work harder, thus bringing the site more money. don't feed into that shit, just do you.
ShellyConnors;2053022 wrote:^I see both sides of the argument. Attitude and personality has a lot to do with it, but black women (especially those raised in black culture and those who like you said CW are BLACK, BLACK) have to work a lot harder to fit the mainstream stereotype, I feel.

It's very easy to pretend like it doesn't exist, but it does. I've heard so many pretty black girls (not mixed black) getting asked "wooow you're so pretty you must be mixed... are you part latina"? Things like that used to bother me but I've kind of changed my attitude recently and some people may think this is selling out but I just run with it. All of it.

"We are either treated like a fetish or taboo, or a dirty little This word is not allowed."... yup... run into that too. It used to bother me, but luckily the fetish allows me to talk shit, wallet rape, and be dominant so it doesn't bother me too much. I've made most of my money off of white male fetishism of a powerful black goddess and I do not have a problem with that.

So many of the girls who are staunch advocates of MFC pretty much explain that you have to just "be yourself" and let your personality shine through and earn you money, but going back to what you are saying, CW, about some black women having that "ghetto fabulous" personality... I believe I saw a recent post by a respected MFC model saying the key to being successful and black on MFC is NOT being the ghetto stereotype... so for black women who DO have markings of being raised within "black culture", will simply *being themselves* and *letting their personalities shine through* quickly land them with a camscore of 300? Also it was mentioned that the top black models on MFC tend to have lighter skin and be mixed (Kaileah, AmberSin who doesn't even claim to be black since she's Venezuelan)... while the attitude we carry about who we are, what we have to offer and what we're about plays a huge role, I will never ever sit back and deny that there is a general attitude (at least on MFC) that the less black you act/look/speak, the better. I'm not saying that I personally feel this way... I love being black and will booty pop my luscious ass to the music I like to hear, because that's MY personality (and still get money), but it's there. It's stated over and over again in very subtle terms by MANY.

I'd like to see a black woman, raised in "black culture", maybe with dreadlocks or an afro, who doesn't appear to be mixed at all, maybe not even *sounding white* when she speaks, make it to a top spot. What would she have to do to make it there? What if inside she felt super confident? What if she had a super high quality HD cam with remote and a wide assortment of toys? What if she was knowledgeable about fetishes and world events and had a stellar personality? Do you think she would have just as much of a chance as AvaAlexander or Kaileah to be top performer? I don't know... maybe...
Arialandre;2053027 wrote:Oh CamWhore my sweet sweet little friend (I say little because you're petite and cute and I want to put you in my pocket,lol), how I adore thee. You speak some serious truth.

-On the days I make good money I spend HOURS on cam. Like 8-12
-I am not one of those ladies that can roll out of bed and cam in my pjs and still look hot as hell. Fuck, that. I need make-up, my cam is in H-fucking-D. So I don't even pretend to try that I can get away with camming with no make-up on.
- I am kind of a snob. Not gonna lie I like grey goose vodka and my 1k thread count Egyptian cotton sheets.
-When I go on cam I put time and effort into it every single day. False eyelashes, bold makeup, sexy outfit, good music. And usually my nails done.
- I don't do "Ghetto Fab" (I'm not knocking it I just don't do it) because I have NOTHING to do with the ghetto. My mother collects original artworks and works for a law firm for christ sakes, I would look like an IDIOT if I tried to be "Ghetto Fab". Besides, I'm in CANADA, what fucking ghetto??? There are barely any black ppl on this side of the country let alone enough busted ones in one area to make a ghetto *eyeroll*
- On the OTHER had I AM a total DIVA. I am big, bold, loud, filled with attitude, wine drinking, super high stiletto strutting DIVA.
- I'm also super bubbly, intelligent, laid, back and eclectic. So that's what I bring to camming.

Yes I'm big black SUPER nappy-headed chocolatey goodness. Yes people discriminate against black people. But I'm way too awesome to care about who might be hating on me because I'm busy with the group of people over there that are waiting in line to worship me.

(but hell ya you ladies KNOW that when it comes to fetish I will milk that Black Goddess fetish to the extreme. Because I AM a badass Black Goddess)

**Shelly, I want to see that woman make it to the top too! Seriously I do! Ghetto fab, straight out of Africa, dreads, rows, BRING IT. Because it's JUST AS SEXY. I want to see it DONE. Unfortunately that person will never be me because, well that's just not who I am, lol. Unless I move to the States for a while then maybe.... The thing is it would be an act though and not an honest portrayal of who I am so we need to FIND this girl!!
AngelCummings;2053035 wrote:I wish there was a well designed website exclusively for elite, classy, gorgeous ebony models - a really selective site with maybe no more than 100 models so that all of the girls who worked on it could make really good money, and CRAZY traffic - like how King is kind of the black answer to Playboy, but with camming lol. Who knows, maybe I will make one someday, or some of us could even team up and do it! :) I agree with the notion that cultural attidues may influence potential income/popularity. Honestly though, having a "ghetto" attitude is the least of my concerns, considering I'm pretty much the only black person I know, aside from my family of course, and I've always been taught indirectly by subtle messages to run the other way when I see maintream African American "urban" culture permeate any of my surroundings. It's kind of sad bc I just feel like such an anomaly at times and I don't feel like anyone can relate to my struggle of somehow trying to embrace and accept my roots when I've basically been taught that anything black is negative or ghetto. Anyway, I think an exclusive site would be ideal because even though I don't believe in excluding individuals by their race, background, gender, etc., the playing field at this point in history obviously isn't equal, and I feel like maybe it would give at least a few of us a better chance of making the kind of money that we DESERVE to make.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:25 pm

CamWhore;2053037 wrote:this is unfortunate.

While being judged by the camworld, I have had my feelings hurt and stepped on. at the bottom and the TOP , for being black.

Currently my hair is black and purple and I have tattoos..lol some think its ghetto. ( its actaully trendy, if you ask me..*clears throat*)

but if i was vanilla love bug , it would be called : ALTERNATIVE.
Ms.Lacey;2053038 wrote:Im trying not to read into it but DAMN.... I agree!!! (not 100%) maybe 76%
bun;2053059 wrote:Goddamn, I love you women.
seductive crystal;2053090 wrote:AW is really good for black girls. European men have a healthy interest in black women..Bout youll never make the kind of money people make on MFC.
layka;2053100 wrote:Can I just add..for whatever it's worth you also do NOT need to explain how you're not "ghetto"......that entire argument makes me cringe lol I always give people the benefit of the doubt, so whenever a person says "OH, I'm not white trash" or " Psssh...I wasn't raised ghetto" it raises a red flag.

If you don't seek validation in real life, please don't transfer that energy online when you are camming, posting, etc etc

I can smell the desperation...the need for validation...so can the guys.

We are human and I for one just naturally allow people to give me the benefit of the doubt without being an apologist.

EVERY RACE has trash. No need to distance yourself from the "ghetto" folks...dropping quantifiers every time you post. Lmao

This is just something I observed in general from some women of color while posting online

If you feel the need to explain your position......whew....just make money, no need to list every accomplishment as a way of "separating" yourself from what you deem ghetto. This also applies to white girls....it just grinds my GEARS! Ugh. It comes across as an faux elitist mindset. Ass backwards much?

And this is my general observation. Women of Color Cammers are we really bemoaning our lot in life....really....I say this with love.
layka;2053111 wrote:Skreeeech

Lol

Yeha, Black woman checking in! May you explain this part please. Because in a way it appears that you are suggesting that due to Aria's lack of the "black culture experience"
(which doesn't exists BTW, how many times must we shout from the roof top that we as a community share the same idiosyncrasies as our counterparts lol)

she is at an ambiguous black woman advantage. LAWD please in 2011 let that not be the explanation..

Ugh. Really, so they key to her success as a woman of color is the fact that she did not live the cultured black experience.

STOP. Just....please stop. Don't even allude to such things Bambalina. That argument completely undermines the ladies posting in here, it alienates a ton of posters, and the black experience is not what you watch in music videos.

I always run out of words to say to this sort of mentality.

In short what I'm trying to say (no shade Aria) is in fact, our community is chock full of folks who live by the same creed. If you are suggesting that Aria's position is unique or special I am afraid you are sadly mistaken.

White people the best advice I can give you in regard to relating to the brown folks: WE ARE THE SAME

Does Paris Hilton, Playboy, and white trash antics represent you? Your white experience?

No. Great. My point exactly.

Well the same rule applies to us.

2011..people...2011

A black woman who enjoys listening to the crescendo of Bach while inhaling a glass of cabaret.......come on.....that doesn't make her less black or more white. It makes her classy, which would then in fact translate to relatable and BAM, she scores a whale.

See what I did;) I didn't make her (in general) feel ashamed about being black in any shape, form, or fashion. But I did explain to her (in general) to get cultured pronto Hahahahahahaha

Big Difference.

And even slightly suggesting that the black experience is one that a cammer should feel remotely ashamed about....Bambalina I know you didn't mean ANY harm whatsoever but ...yea....that stance perpetuates the mindset that the Original Poster was in.... no room for that.

Catch up ya'll. Racism is fading, class ism is the new frontier in bigotry;D::)
layka;2053113 wrote:Oh yeah, the black woman listening to Bach, inhaling wine is not ,my idea of classy personally. Lol That is an example of a woman bored.

Just the first sarcastic, warped example of a classy woman that popped in my head.

I should have made her a volunteer at the YMCA, animal lover, with a penchant for dumpster diving/antiquing...yeah....that's the classy broad of my dreams.
Billabong;2053127 wrote:I always feared camming would be harder for me than it's been being a plus size black girl .. and I do struggle from time to time, but I think that's more my fault than anything because I don't cam consistently week to week, month to month. But, I tell you, I've not had a problem with it for as long as I've been doing it! Men love me! Black men love me, white men love me, hispanic men love me, asian, indian, european .. I've even had a couple of men tell me I wouldn't normally be their type on paper (overweight, black) but they've seen me and got so turned on and needed a session with me.

I just try not to think of it as "Ok, I'm black and I'm fat. I'm black and fat." I just go in thinking I'm fucking hot as hell and have an amazing body. Any man would want me. I wear sexy and classy little outfits to show it off, not hide and always make sure my makeup, hair are fierce and my background looks classy (I have a kid so no sippy cups or toys allowed in cam-view. No hint of my kid at all actually. They don't need to know I have one until I hit the time in my life when I can no longer pass for a 21 year old and need to do MILF, then GILF lol. I make sure everything is neat). Naturally I'm a "coconut". I grew up in the burbs, I speak with valley ass accent. I find myself trying to hide it from time to time and speak more "black" cause I feel that's what some of the men want, but I can't do a blaccent at all go figure. *not saying that ghetto couldn't possibly work btw. I've seen a couple of ghetto ladies do their thing. Just saying how I do my thing*

And yeah I do just fine. I get the occasional guy who shows up and says "Eww your fat!!" or "You nasty bitch. You look like Precious" or "Oh no I like big girls, but not black ones. Why were you recommended to me? YUK!" .. but those guys are few and far in between. I also get a few of them who will pay to humiliate me, call me a This word is not allowed. and all of that while off jerking off furiously to the site of my black ass .. but whatever. Some girls won't do that but I don't care. Everything rolls off my back as long as I'm getting paid for it. And for every one of those guys I get 20 more rolling through to shower me with compliments and tell me they're inlove.

Now, I've not joined MFC. I took one look at that site a couple years ago and didnt think I would fit in since it didn't seem black or big girl friendly (couldn't find any options to filter us out like streamate for instance does. They only seemed to want whites and asians) But I've been thinking about trying it out anyway just to see what happens.

So in all, I'm writing all of this just to say go for it. Don't worry about what being black might do for you negatively. Think of how you can use it to your advantage and make yourself stand out! If you wanna be top, be top. Find a way to do so. There has to be some way to do it. If trannies can be top earners I don't see why black girls can't!
pamand;2053133 wrote:Your idea of fun is another person's idea of boring and vice versa. You sound extremely ignorant.

Yeah .. true definition of classy ::)
ShellyConnors;2053151 wrote:Agreed. But it's very hard to separate race and class because the euro-centric standard of class (much like beauty) is what prevails. It has a lot to do with cultural capital and who has access to it.

For example, listening to Bach and sipping red wine is considered "cultured" and "classy", whereas eating Soul Food and listening to Marvin Gaye may not be. Cool. But Bach is white.

People of many other cultures can get away with holding on to them, and it's seen as exotic or beautiful. I venture to say that black Americans don't generally have cultural roots that go back to a home country, yes, due to slavery (though I didn't really want to take it there). I'm trying to say that, go into an "ethnic" latina's room, she may name herself "Xochitl", play music from her home country, dance around and speak with an accent, and it's ok... it's hot... she's not expected to listen to Bach and drink wine in order to be accepted. But if I was to name myself "Shaquita" and speak "ebonics" (lol) then I have no class. I have to completely assimiliate with white culture/standards in order to get by. Going even deeper, I'm not so sure that if I DID know my roots and I happened to have African roots, and played music from there, dressed like I was from there, and spoke with such an accent, I would be seen as exotic. I don't know though. I can't recall ever seeing an African model who played up her culture so I don't know. That in itself may be telling.

So many double standards. "Class" is determined by the group in power. It is white. Definitely not black. It is nearly impossible to separate race from class, even in 2011. But I see your point.
layka;2053171 wrote:That was the point genius;D I was being sarcastic.
layka;2053179 wrote:We are right >>>here<<<< in more ways than none.

Aside from blatantly assuming the black experience is in fact the polar opposite from classy. And I totally agree, assimilating the group in power will undoubtedly earn a black cam girl brownie points so to speak******

***** And this is in regard to the unfortunate hood boogers that are classless. I am not classless, therefore I do not have to look to white people for inspiration. It was already engraved into my consciousness/awareness by the nurturers in my life( shout out to mom and pops woot woot)

My only issue with that argument per se...is assuming that I am less classy because I am part of the black experience. Black does not equal ghetto......my goodness. Lol

It sucks for the women of color posters to come in here and have stereotypes reinforced ...in a thread mind you..that is meant to encourage them /:O/:O

And African models don't tend to play up on their ethnicity because unfortunately ..it boils down to why a red head would risk ruining her coif to go blonde...to appeal to the masses. If said women make's a choice based off of aesthetic, who am I to say otherwise. It's when a woman feels defeated, marginalized, or self conscious that the grey area becomes way more than that.

I'm just saying...this thread was intended to encourage these ladies. Not to perpetuate ill gotten stereotypes. The same for sheniqua speaking ebonics can be said for Jenna with the pregnant belly and Marlboro's. Sucky trashy people exist in EVERY RACE.

Just assume I am classy until proven otherwise. That's all I'm saying lol!

And how ironic that a curious guest signs up just to address me, I feel flattered lol. It's all love.

Shelly my response to you is just a response in general for the most part.:D This is a delicate subject and I for one, feel slightly encouraged that my opinion wasn't discounted. After all....I am black. And sure, my parent's are classy (subjective)? I think not! I wasn't raised around or with white people. My blackness wasn't "watered down", I was never made to feel inferior because I enjoy stereotypical dishes, or encouraged to adapt to certain music or behaviors because it was white (right).

I guess my black experience was not as dismal as the media would have you believe, thanks to this thread and many that surface on SW I am kind of grateful for that empowering childhood. That every person should be privy to regardless of the hue of their skin. *kanye shrug*

I turned out quite eloquent enough(lol)....soooooo.... my black experience/ black culture/ rap music, gyrating, chicken wings, rhythm, choice of music, inflection of my voice, tone, sarcasm, wit, hips....you name it... does not infer upon my ability to make dough, guap, Benjamins, moola, dineros.

Just stay true to yourself ladies. Smile, remain engaging, upbeat, sexy, inspiring, and carefree. That is far more important than fearing that your group will out you as *GASP* a real live blaaaaaaaaaaaaack woman LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL ( and if you find out what that is exactly pm me LOL )
ShellyConnors;2053202 wrote:For what it's worth, why is it that over and over again threads pop up from black women asking these very same questions? But never any other races/ethnicities? There are no "C'mon Asian ladies, we have to do better" threads. Or "Can a Middle Eastern woman ever make it big on MFC" threads. Or "My fellow Latina sisters, do you find it is harder for you to get hired on some sites" threads.
Ms.Lacey;2053207 wrote:As far as talking "Black" How do speak "black"? I am an educated black woman from a working class family, so speaking the kings English is talking black??? I am a hood chick with a foul mouth, you would think my daddy was a sailor. Is that talking Black??? Kind of lost with that one...

I dont know how to talk black, I can only be a Black woman!!!
TeeBaby;2053213 wrote:Didn't get to read everyone's post. Just checking in.

I do me as I would do in my old retail 9 to 5. Be "some" of myself. Put on my cute voice. Speak in a cute professional way. Every now and again I have to politely go off on someone, but then back to professional. When I have good chatters in my room I become more comfortable and let some slang out. I mostly listen to electronic music, but when I really don't give a damn, I put on my good ole Hip Hop - I have good tastes anyways. I believe I have 40/50 black and white customers ratio. 10% being other race going by what the custies tell me and what I see c2c. I don't work on MFC anymore btw.

I def agree with Camwhore. The (generally) ladies who are at the top 10 MFC are on some celebrity type roll. They are doing things that an up and coming pop music star would do to get signed. I believe most of the black lady cammers (except a few like AmberSin) don't really care for a celebrity position - we just want the money. Sure, celebrity = a lot of money, but not everyone wants to be famous.
Arialandre;2053254 wrote:First of Layka, do you have an issue with me that I should know about? I am NOT trying to be the poster girl for some sort of ambiguous black cam girl success formula. Everyone one comes from different backgrounds and experiences so I thought that I would share some of my history to help everyone have a clearer understanding of where my mindset comes from that's ALL.

As for the not ghetto part. I believe that was in referance to my previous post. I'm NOT ghetto. I'm, also not Jewish, I'm not Italian and I'm not Conservative. I NEVER said being ghetto was bad. I stated specifically that I didn't think it was bad, I simply have no connection to the ghetto so for me to walk around being "ghetto fab" would be entirely false and dishonest.

I never understood the whole "watered down" or "whitewashed" thing. And what the hell is this "black experience"? I am straight from the Caribbean. Grew up eating West Indian food. I went Caribbean - Cananda. There is a difference between West Indian black culture and American Black Culture (Which is something I learned when my American step family came along). I don't think that the black experience is the polar opposite of being classy, that's just complete bullshit.

We're all different and we are all the same. In the end we are just PEOPLE, people trying to live our lives.
london;2053576 wrote:Aria,

I still need to read through the entire thread, but I wanted to tell you I luv you!!! *smile*...Your first reply to the OP said it better than I've seen it said in a good while....

And it's not to criticize the O.P.; it's my hope that Angel realizes that truer words were never spoken. Aria, you're a queen! I bow down to you!!!
layka;2053637 wrote:I don't have an issue with you,..like...at all....LMAO! I'm pretty sure I stated "no shade" Ie; I was not directing my response to you. Stated several times that my response was in general. Meh. Hit dogs holler? I just wanted to clear the air regarding the lack of black culture automatically equals classy consensus...and you never said that so why get upset with my post.

Let's just hug it out. People in general can have the crabs in a barrel mentality.
Caramel69;2053902 wrote:im not ashamed of my race so if asked I will gladly tell you! I don't know why some girls are so quick to be something else. Black is beautiful. Like shelly said I would love to see some girls with dreads or an afro. I know i love my wild and crazy hair thats a curly bush but i straighten it for the cameras because i feel like it will get me more work.... :-[ As for the comments of "your so beautiful what are you mixed with". Why does anyone have to be mixed with something to be beautiful? My fathers side is black and my cousins are some very pretty girls. (Rambling)

I just feel like Race will always be an issue but it won't stop me from making my money. Just like kinky hair (i hate the word nappy) in the corporate field. I've always had an issue with this topic and thought about the top MFC girls or any other camsites and why were none of them black. Topics like this are discussed everyday not just in camming. Even black actresses in Hollywood they tend to have a harder time even with promo. The only time a black actress can be hopeful is if theres a black director behind it (Tyler Perry). I can get real deep so i'm going to stop now.

Also, I remember when i first started camming and was called a "This word is not allowed.". I almost burst into tears, I couldn't believe it. LOL. Now i don't even care. I still won't do the slave/master thing because I just feel it's inappropriate my ancestors didn't go through hell just so i could let a jerk fulfill his disgusting fantasies. F*** that.
hottbutterfly;2054766 wrote:I am a black model and success for me came the moment I stopped looking at everyone else and focused on the star qualities I have. I KILLED it!!!! I make great $ on SM, but I present a porn star package (make-up, hair, classy background, wine glass, etc). i'm a Diva by nature, so it's all me. My guys come in wanting to see the gorgeous woman of their dreams....that doesn't hold color to me. I do get the fetish guys...the guys that like black n**gers, etc. I use it to my advantage and make them pay for it. Doesn't bother me at all. I actually get a great laugh out of it...all the way to the bank.

I guess I am just trying to say "DO YOU BOO BOO" (in my Kevin Heart voice). At the end of the day it's about technique.
Ms.Lacey;2054797 wrote:For those that feel like we are just complaining and complaining about nothing. Please take a look at what we go through:

they wont cancel you stupid pig......fawkin ugly niggger you are anyways....just like a This word is not allowed. to bullshit..fawkers can never say shit right..fuck you This word is not allowed.

>
> [In response to Ojibway_style's message dated 02-10-2011 11:17AM]
>
> > you stupid fawkin This word is not allowed.....get a real job you stank ass This word is not allowed...This word is not allowed. This word is not allowed.
>

This is the dumb shit that makes it difficult at time to jumb on cam. But I will always make my money so fuck them.
CamWhore;2054800 wrote:What a PIG
amberluv;2054900 wrote:I haven't been called a This word is not allowed. at all camming (I was called a "cute mutt" one time, banned his ass fast lol), but seriously? wtf is wrong with people. Ugh. there needs to be an option to ban people from the site after a certain number of offenses.

Im sorry that happened to you :(
ShellyConnors;2054929 wrote:Yeah... just like the one time I was camming and my stud girlfriend opened my bedroom door and said something to me. Her voice is slightly deep and she couldn't be seen, but immediately someone goes "you This word is not allowed. bitch is that your pimp calling you?" That really makes it easy/fun to cam doesn't it? But yeah... it's all in our heads. It's all about our attitude. We're complaining about nothing. LoL.
brownsugardoll;2055164 wrote:I never been called any racial slurs at all while caming only off cam been called that rare times. If I ever do get called anything offensive regarding race, that person will get immediate ban/ignore. I always let guys know before doing any privates my off limits roleplay racial humiliation is one of my off limits.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:34 pm

brownsugardoll
Re: Black Cam Girls and Success
Is it just me I feel like racial slurs happen the most if caming with US base guys? I know it can still happen anywhere with customers outside the states. I only cam on AW and do Indy caming most of the customers get are either European or Australian and they never blurt out racial slurs to me.

I'm not trying to have this stereotype toward men from the states as I know they are the good and bad everywhere, but I just think it happens the most if the guy is American.
02-11-2011, 04:25 PMpamand
I might get flamed for this but imho I think a lot of us are using race as an excuse. I am great friends with Cindi Cruz on streamate and she makes no less than $500 a day. She's black so I don't understand what all this fuss is about. I also make more than most being a black camgirl. When you're hot black white purple or green guys will spend money on you. Just take care of yourself mentally and physically and it will show. There is nothing like a beautiful and confident woman. Now that's HOT!
02-11-2011, 07:03 PMMs.Lacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamand View Post
I might get flamed for this but imho I think a lot of us are using race as an excuse. I am great friends with Cindi Cruz on streamate and she makes no less than $500 a day. She's black so I don't understand what all this fuss is about. I also make more than most being a black camgirl. When you're hot black white purple or green guys will spend money on you. Just take care of yourself mentally and physically and it will show. There is nothing like a beautiful and confident woman. Now that's HOT!

read through the whole thread 1st and you will understd what we are saying. I make money on streamates. The problem is the treatment. Are you Black??? +++ Candi goes by Hispanic *side note*

I will not let you or anyone feel like I am making excuses for my feelings when I am being degraded as a human being. If being called a This word is not allowed. was never presented to you please please please pass on this thread.
02-11-2011, 08:55 PMpamand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Lacey View Post
read through the whole thread 1st and you will understd what we are saying. I make money on streamates. The problem is the treatment. Are you Black??? +++ Candi goes by Hispanic *side note*

I will not let you or anyone feel like I am making excuses for my feelings when I am being degraded as a human being. If being called a This word is not allowed. was never presented to you please please please pass on this thread.
You need to watch your tone young lady. 1.) I am black. 2.) Have more experience in this business than you do. 3.) Way older than you are.

That is not how you talk to people. My post was not even directed to you or anyone. I read through the thread thank you. Candi is mixed with black. She puts Hispanic for a lot of reasons you ladies states. Believe it or not a lot of black girls do this. I have been called a This word is not allowed. but never on cam sorry! Does that make me not black? BS.
02-11-2011, 09:21 PMCamWhore
you sound crazy.

ignorance is not bliss.... not not at all.
02-11-2011, 10:00 PMpamand
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamWhore View Post
you sound crazy.
How do I sound crazy???? She came at me for what? and Assumed that I wasn't black.
02-11-2011, 11:42 PMMs.Lacey
Quote:
You need to watch your tone young lady. 1.) I am black. 2.) Have more experience in this business than you do. 3.) Way older than you are.

That is not how you talk to people. My post was not even directed to you or anyone. I read through the thread thank you. Candi is mixed with black. She puts Hispanic for a lot of reasons you ladies states. Believe it or not a lot of black girls do this. I have been called a This word is not allowed. but never on cam sorry! Does that make me not black? BS.
Don't address me as if Im a little girl, Grown women show respect like I showed you. If you would like to state the fact that you are a grown women than respect what we are saying instead of undermining what we feel. Ignorance!!!
02-11-2011, 11:43 PMMs.Lacey
Quote:

Quote:
How do I sound crazy???? She came at me for what? and Assumed that I wasn't black.
++++ when there is a question mark at the end that means I was asking you a question
02-12-2011, 08:58 AMpamand
Quote:
Don't address me as if Im a little girl, Grown women show respect like I showed you. If you would like to state the fact that you are a grown women than respect what we are saying instead of undermining what we feel. Ignorance!!!
What respect did you show me? You pretty much called me a liar. You're the one that's ignorant. Everyone's experience in this industry isn't the same and if you think it is then you're even more ignorant than I thought. Bye!

Quote:
++++ when there is a question mark at the end that means I was asking you a question
I do not have to answer to you. I will ignore you from now on. You either have a really bad problem or some mental issues. I can't fix that. Totally gross.
02-12-2011, 10:18 AMMs.Lacey
Quote:
What respect did you show me? You pretty much called me a liar. You're the one that's ignorant. Everyone's experience in this industry isn't the same and if you think it is then you're even more ignorant than I thought. Bye!

I do not have to answer to you. I will ignore you from now on. You either have a really bad
problem or some mental issues. I can't fix that. Totally gross.

this is the dumb shyt with some new ppl on the forum. Relax and stop being defensive for no reason. I have no idea what ur reading. I never called you a liarand if ur some much older than me please display that. Lol ignorant??? Who me?! Never...
02-12-2011, 10:48 AMCamWhore
Race as an excuse my ASS,

I watch vanilla girls on mfc get tipped 100 tokens at a time and higher on MFC.

I have watched Black-Black woman get tipped in 5 -20 token increments at a time. As if we need to work harder for our money...

Yeah I'm sure theirs an excuse lying around for me to use.... *rolls eyes
02-12-2011, 01:39 PMpamand
Quote:
this is the dumb shyt with some new ppl on the forum. Relax and stop being defensive for no reason. I have no idea what ur reading. I never called you a liarand if ur some much older than me please display that. Lol ignorant??? Who me?! Never...
There's no point talking to you. You seem to have a problem with sw newcomers.. ha!

Quote:
Race as an excuse my ASS,

I watch vanilla girls on mfc get tipped 100 tokens at a time and higher on MFC.

I have watched Black-Black woman get tipped in 5 -20 token increments at a time. As if we need to work harder for our money...

Yeah I'm sure theirs an excuse lying around for me to use.... *rolls eyes
hahaha well what does that mean? we need to step out game up right? I get tipped 500 tokens and up all the time Camwhore. This is a very individualized business. I have no problem sharing my cam name via pm so you can check me out. I'm sure you'll be impressed ;)

Oh and there is a website that I cam on. Percentage is pretty good. Big spenders and Loyal customers (most of the custies are from UK). I'm sure you'll love the site. They also have same day approvals. I can share with you via pm.
02-12-2011, 02:32 PMpamand
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsugardoll View Post
Pamand are you referring to Adultwork.com or another camsite with UK base customers ? I'm on that site and most of all that in this topic also on AW. If you're referring to another camsite, can you please share with us the link to the camsite.
There are hundreds of threads on MFC, Streamate and AW .. Oh and Imlive on this site. I was not referring to any of those.
02-12-2011, 02:39 PMpamand
Why would I post that info in public. I am not willing to share with everyone for obvious reasons. Sorry.
02-12-2011, 03:14 PMpamand
probably yes. This site has been around for years though. It's not a new site. Good luck.
02-12-2011, 03:33 PMamberluv
this thread became srz bznz really fast... ಠ_ಠ
02-13-2011, 01:19 AMAngelCummings
edit.....................
02-13-2011, 06:22 AMCamWhore
no, ask the guys ..... these girls dont pay your bills.
02-13-2011, 09:17 AMAngelCummings
Quote:
no, ask the guys ..... these girls dont pay your bills.
lol, valid point... i just wanted to know what type of crowd i would appeal to bc im not sure which websites appeal to which types
02-13-2011, 12:45 PMbun
Hahahha. Angel, it is time to end the era of inquisition and begin the era of action. I swear, the minute you get busy on these sites, you will find you have no more questions to ask. Sign up on everything, try everything once.
02-20-2011, 06:26 AMKushKandi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arialandre View Post
I think that it helps if people stop pigeon holeing themselves. I am SO much more than my skin colour. I think that black women will make it to the top when they stop thinking of themselves as black and start thinking of themselves as business people like any other business person. I was super shitty on MFC up until now. Was it because I was black and didn't stand a chance? No it was because I was absolute SHIT at the MFC system, I didnt understand it, I hated free chat and didn't like the environment. Then yesterday I had another $200 day when before I was going DAYS with making NOTHING or $2 MAX on MFC. My skin colour didn't suddenly change my ATTITUDE did.

Do people see the colour of my skin? Sure, the way the see my red hair, big boobs or sweet smile. What people either love or hate about me isn't my skin colour it's my PERSONALITY. It's my PERSONALITY that people fall in love with and want to spoil. Do I get ebony skin lovers flocking to my room? Sure I do, but what keeps them in MY room and not some other black girls room is my attitude and pep.

I honestly think that what's keeping women of colour out of the top twenty isn't their skin it's their minds. They are so busy thinking of their skin colour and what disadvantages it could cause they're NOT thinking about networking and promos.

Ok I am NOT picking on you I just want to use your post as an example for a minute. In the time it took you to sit there and fret about your skin colour and what everyone else is saying about black girls in the industry and writing this post you could have been making sexy content, tweeting to your followers, sitting on MFC giggling, laughing and playing tipping games.

Do you see what I mean hun? The energy you used to stress over skin colour could have been used to get PAID.

I am not my skin colour. I am not my hair. I am not my weight. I will make top dollar because of my mind and my abilities. I am black and I am sure I made more money yesterday than some of the white girls on this site did. I have gained a ton of weight, but I'm sure I made more money than some of the little pixie girls did yesterday. There will ALWAYS be something that we are told will hold us back or hold us down but that's bullshit sweety so pay it no mind. What WILL hold you back EVERY time is your mind. Your outlook on life. You are NOT your skin. Look at Michael Jackson. He went from black to noseless alien creature, but the change in his outer appearance did not change his inner TALENT.

Also you want to see a top black woman on the net go check out Goddess Tierra. http://www.clubtierra.com

If you want to be in the top 20 hun then BE in the top 20. Study the top girls, learn from them, find your own swagger and just DO it. If you think the colour of your skin will hold you back then you are saying being black holds us ALL back. And that's just not true hun cause I'm pretty sure there is a black family in the White House now yeah? If black ppl can run the States then I'm pretty sure we can make it to the top of a stupid cam site shakin our asses for a living. Cause come on now we're BLACK, we usually have more ass to shake anyway!

*hugs*

This is the exact attitude a cam girl needs!!! Thank you Arial for this comment. Your success is well deserved.
02-20-2011, 06:49 AMCamWhore
Pamand you sound like Mal Tay
02-20-2011, 01:07 PMShellyConnors
^ word. I thought I was the only one who felt that way. And wouldn't be shocked one bit.
02-20-2011, 08:05 PMArialandre
Quote:
Originally Posted by KushKandi View Post
This is the exact attitude a cam girl needs!!! Thank you Arial for this comment. Your success is well deserved.
My pleasure Hun just given my $0.02
02-21-2011, 07:36 PMch1cka
I'm a African-American cam girl with dreadlocks and when I went on MFC I banked with my hair like this. It can be done. I watched another black young lady on MFC the other day and she is up there with the other top models. It all boils down to confidence and believing in yourself!

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:34 pm

Arialandre
Thank you hun I think that we ALL needed to hear that!
02-22-2011, 12:15 AMukmissy
I agree with Pam a bit , why is everyone so upset?-

Doesn't matter if you're black , white , brown or yellow - It's a skin color not a disfigurement . Sure - there are certain types of girl who are more accepted in the mainstream world - and this image does tend to reach for the , small, white , blond look ...
That said , I think camming is an entity on it's own , and while a skinny girl may make it on the catwalk , A LOT of guys would prefer someone with a bit more meat , a bit more color, a bit more etc .. the list is endless and it takes all sorts. I think to feel a white girl has an advantage based on her skin color - is doing no one any favors ( psychologically what kind of message is this putting inside yourself ) , in the same respect , a white girl can envy the ebonies - based on the lack of competition in comparison they have ( again pointless ) .

It all comes good in the end, and I am absolutely positive that if you put effort into yourself , appearance , personality and confidence, You will do well , whatever color , size or shape you may be.

If you're a nagging little shit who makes custys feel like they've gained a second nagging wife - it won't matter how good looking one is , they're going to pay for their shite personality .
02-22-2011, 01:02 AMArialandre
My bitchy `I told you so` comment for the night. I just made $100 in 2 hours. Guess what? I`m still black! Get OFF this thread Ladies and go make your damn money, SERIOUSLY.
02-22-2011, 06:26 AMEricaErotica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arialandre View Post
My bitchy `I told you so` comment for the night. I just made $100 in 2 hours. Guess what? I`m still black! Get OFF this thread Ladies and go make your damn money, SERIOUSLY.
Word!!! Preach, sister!!!
02-22-2011, 07:10 AMCamWhore
uhm anyway it still exist. Even when i have 200+ days I still feel the same way. Money is not going to cover it up all of a sudden.

Money will throw almost anything under the rug.
02-22-2011, 09:07 AMcherryblossomsinspring
Quote:
I am not in the top 10 of MFC , but I have been top ten in a few spots on several occassions.

That leads me to this :

In order for me to have made top, I put my self in a position to be there... Like just what Aria said.

Im not into MFC shows, I just go to have fun, not work. But if i wanted top 20, Id hire a promoter | Photographer and whatever it took to make it there.

Color really isnt it. Its what you are willing to do.

And as far as me, Im really snobbish on alot of things, so i will never make 5,000 a day.

And want to know a little secret about most girls who make top positions on anysite ? :>>> they bring there own traffic ( sometimes brought in by promo teams ) and most likely spends a considerable amount of time on cam. <<<

When I put time in, and really took it there, I couldn't find time to be on StripperWeb, I was on a roll.
Agreed!!! I find I'm picky about what I'm willing to do. When I see the top girls many of them are doing things in free chat that I would never do, so for me I feel you can have that position any day.

I'd rather men come in and take me private or tip me for making them laugh and just overall enjoying my personality.

Someone said something about stereo typical names like " sugardaddy" this guy usually comes off broke which is the funniest thing. You would think with his name he would be dropping crazy money, but this guy doesn't. He just wants attention that he has something to give so girls can give him the attention that he doesn't deserve. I've seen this several times in the cam world and I usually laugh at these and ignore them accordingly.

Also the racists. Never understand why racist men come into the room. It's the weirdest thing to force yourself to look at something you are repulsed by. But many of these so called racists are not racist at all. They may have been taught to hate but they are more frustrated with why their parts get hard looking at these women. I've seen it a dozen times and some of these types are actually other women.
02-22-2011, 09:16 AMcherryblossomsinspring
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsugardoll View Post
Is it just me I feel like racial slurs happen the most if caming with US base guys? I know it can still happen anywhere with customers outside the states. I only cam on AW and do Indy caming most of the customers get are either European or Australian and they never blurt out racial slurs to me.

I'm not trying to have this stereotype toward men from the states as I know they are the good and bad everywhere, but I just think it happens the most if the guy is American.
I agree! If it's a USA dominated site then i get this quite a bit myself. Typically from men over 50+ that can't afford my rate and feel how dare I be out of their reach financially. I got harassed about my price constantly and usually it was a guy wanting a girl to do something ridiculous.

Ok ok I guess I have a thing against the 50+ guys. Primarily due to the fact that in their youth race mixing was frowned upon, well let's be honest in many areas it still is. Now these guys want to live out their fantasy and approach you with some of the most stupid comments. It's a love hate relationship. Does anyone remember the scene in Schindlers' List when that nazi soldier was beating the hell out of the jewish slave woman? In his sick way he loved her, but at the same time he hated himself for feeling such emotion towards her and he obviously took out his anger on her physically. It's the same thing just a different day.

I hate you because I love you. Sick and twisted right?

One guy in particular comes in daily to state my race as if he some how has to remind me. Racist yes he is. Is he hard for me.. of course. Does he hate that he can't afford me? Darn skippy! lol Did I actually say "darn skippy" lol ! But you get my drift.
02-22-2011, 10:14 AMch1cka
Racism is always about the other person. It's never personal so please don't take it that way! These types have enormous amounts of hate in their heart and will do anything to ease their feelings of worthlessness & project their hate onto others. I just let that mess slide and make my money! :)
02-22-2011, 11:00 AMpamand
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmissy View Post
I agree with Pam a bit , why is everyone so upset?-

Doesn't matter if you're black , white , brown or yellow - It's a skin color not a disfigurement . Sure - there are certain types of girl who are more accepted in the mainstream world - and this image does tend to reach for the , small, white , blond look ...
That said , I think camming is an entity on it's own , and while a skinny girl may make it on the catwalk , A LOT of guys would prefer someone with a bit more meat , a bit more color, a bit more etc .. the list is endless and it takes all sorts. I think to feel a white girl has an advantage based on her skin color - is doing no one any favors ( psychologically what kind of message is this putting inside yourself ) , in the same respect , a white girl can envy the ebonies - based on the lack of competition in comparison they have ( again pointless ) .

It all comes good in the end, and I am absolutely positive that if you put effort into yourself , appearance , personality and confidence, You will do well , whatever color , size or shape you may be.

If you're a nagging little shit who makes custys feel like they've gained a second nagging wife - it won't matter how good looking one is , they're going to pay for their shite personality .
Thank you.
02-22-2011, 04:37 PMArialandre
All I care about is being happy with MYSELF. Reaching my OWN personal goals. Making what I need to pay my OWN bills. I'm not trying to be DevonAlexis I'm just trying to be ME. If I can make $200 a day steadily then I'm happy! once I've reached that I'll try for a steady $300 then maybe $400 a day. I would be OVERJOYED with that kind of money. That's what I need to just breathe, relax, feel ballin', and let my life flow.

I know racism is out there but I don't care. It's not about ME, it's about the racists. And there are tons of other people out there that will be more than happy to spend the money on me. So unless you guys are going to use this thread as a catalist to start some ultimate civil rights war in the sex industry sitting here chatting about it is next to pointless in the sex industry big picture.

We can sit and gripe about the unfairness all you want but it won't change anything unless you take ACTION. And the fastest and most direct way to take action is, right now with YOURSELVES.
02-23-2011, 05:46 AMMonicaF
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelCummings View Post
So I read a comment in another thread about how MFC isn't really a "black girl" site, and it got me thinking... Even though both of my parents are biracial, for all intents and purposes I'm "black" lol, and I think I certianly look more black than anything else. But anyway, I was just wondering if black girls can realistically even reach the top in this industry? Because on most of these sites I don't think Ive ever seen a black girl in the top 20, much less the top 5, but ive seen all other races be top cam girls. Is it posible to make it into the top ten on any of these sites as a model of African Descent, and is it possible for a black cam girl to make 500 - 1k a day like some of these other top chicks? It seems like a lot of black models on here have been struggling, or has it been everyone? Which sites are most favorable for women of color? I'm not trying to be a negative Nelly, but I just want to have a realistic idea of how far I can go in this industry and not end up sorely dissappointed. I'm hoping we can have a civil but very honest and open discussion about this.
I've written at great lengths on my blogs about this topic, but here's my current findings:

As a webcam girl, you will make more money as a black woman because there are so few of us.

As a "porn actress / star" unless you are producing and distributing your own content, you can forget it because the California porn populace has a very old fashioned mindset in regards to black women.

As an exotic dancer, your income will be about 40% less than your other ethnic counterparts.

Now of course there are always exceptions to the rule/norm - how successful you are is really based on the effort and time you put into whatever it is you're doing.
02-23-2011, 06:01 AMukmissy
Monica- I think you have the nail hit on the head!
02-23-2011, 11:28 PMAngelCummings
wow, this thread has so much great insight, thank you guys so much! like seriously, i have gained some important wisdom from some of your words that transcend the adult business and apply to life in general, so i'm going to work on changing my outlook :)
02-24-2011, 04:47 AMShellyConnors
So what do you ladies think about playing rap music (and being black) while camming? So many people go on and on about "being yourself" and having fun on cam blah blah blah, but there is a sort of general consensus, at least in my opinion, on what is acceptable. Like, it's good to appeal to the masses, or to who has the money and god forbid that you actually ::gasp:: play Rick Ross.

I'm kind of over the race threads personally because even the comments that are meant to be helpful and productive still have undertones that suggest white is right. It's annoying. But seriously since Devon Alexis is used so much as an example, I've been in her room on several occasions while she's played some pretty hardcore rap music... other white girls too... but if I was to do it oh boy... whatevvvv...
02-24-2011, 09:50 AMpamand
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyConnors View Post
So what do you ladies think about playing rap music (and being black) while camming? So many people go on and on about "being yourself" and having fun on cam blah blah blah, but there is a sort of general consensus, at least in my opinion, on what is acceptable. Like, it's good to appeal to the masses, or to who has the money and god forbid that you actually ::gasp:: play Rick Ross.

I'm kind of over the race threads personally because even the comments that are meant to be helpful and productive still have undertones that suggest white is right. It's annoying. But seriously since Devon Alexis is used so much as an example, I've been in her room on several occasions while she's played some pretty hardcore rap music... other white girls too... but if I was to do it oh boy... whatevvvv...
They are white. They can get away with playing rap music and people will think it's cute or funny but if we do it we fit the stereotype get it? My customers have straight up told me that if they go into a black girl's room and she's playing rap music they will leave.

Funny observation the other day and this is not directed towards you ShellyC but I was checking out some girls cam that post here and her cam feed was not up to par. She did NOT look like her pictures but yet she comes here complaining about money all the time.

I was surfing a cam customer forum the other day where guys were complaining about this and I went looking for myself. If you don't look like your pictures on cam don't you think that guys are going to leave your room? Especially if they expected you to look even better than your pictures and have good cam quality and good lightning.

ShellyConnors I have known black girls that looked classy get away with playing and even bopping to rap music because they didn't look "ghetto"/didn't feel the stereotype. The big problem here is that some people don't know what their room is supposed to look like. Minnie posted some wonderful examples a while ago and I think one of us needs to go back and bump that thread.

My point? People love playing the blame game but I betcha if they went an extra mile to look twice as better than the next girl on cam, an extra mile to make sure their room is clean, An extra mile when it comes to makeup application and not looking like a zombie, an extra mile when it comes to positioning themselves on cam/and not just laying there they will get MORE business. I surely wish everyone the best but do not come here and complain if you are false advertising and not trying.
02-24-2011, 11:20 AMCamWhore
LOL @ False advertisment.

now THAT is funny....LoL
02-24-2011, 04:16 PMAngelCummings
Quote:
They are white. They can get away with playing rap music and people will think it's cute or funny but if we do it we fit the stereotype get it? My customers have straight up told me that if they go into a black girl's room and she's playing rap music they will leave.

Funny observation the other day and this is not directed towards you ShellyC but I was checking out some girls cam that post here and her cam feed was not up to par. She did NOT look like her pictures but yet she comes here complaining about money all the time.

I was surfing a cam customer forum the other day where guys were complaining about this and I went looking for myself. If you don't look like your pictures on cam don't you think that guys are going to leave your room? Especially if they expected you to look even better than your pictures and have good cam quality and good lightning.

ShellyConnors I have known black girls that looked classy get away with playing and even bopping to rap music because they didn't look "ghetto"/didn't feel the stereotype. The big problem here is that some people don't know what their room is supposed to look like. Minnie posted some wonderful examples a while ago and I think one of us needs to go back and bump that thread.

My point? People love playing the blame game but I betcha if they went an extra mile to look twice as better than the next girl on cam, an extra mile to make sure their room is clean, An extra mile when it comes to makeup application and not looking like a zombie, an extra mile when it comes to positioning themselves on cam/and not just laying there they will get MORE business. I surely wish everyone the best but do not come here and complain if you are false advertising and not trying.
lol i wonder who it was... anyway, yeah i def think its important to at least look like your pics, sheesh lol . i mean this is webcam for crying out loud! i usually don't play any music at all, bc it can be too distracting and honestly i feel like my voice and cam personality are part of my strengths so i just dont want to distract too much from the main focus of my chat room, which is me! ;D
02-24-2011, 07:56 PMpamand
Quote:
LOL @ False advertisment.

now THAT is funny....LoL
I've see you in action ;)
You're a hottie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelCummings View Post
lol i wonder who it was... anyway, yeah i def think its important to at least look like your pics, sheesh lol . i mean this is webcam for crying out loud! i usually don't play any music at all, bc it can be too distracting and honestly i feel like my voice and cam personality are part of my strengths so i just dont want to distract too much from the main focus of my chat room, which is me! ;D

Yeah....

Well....

It was the most shocking thing I have seen ever. I see her pics
and think wow gorgeous then her cam feed is a totally different woman. Not cool.
02-25-2011, 11:38 AMCaramel69
Quote:

I'm over this thread pretty much as well. I honestly play everything in my room. Everything i listen to, I'm big on music. My room enjoys that and always suggest that I act like nicki minaj or "bust a freestyle" and I get tipped. It's just for fun. I play things from Katy Perry, Black Eyed Peas to Biggie Smalls and Rick Ross. I have a fun personality.:D I can't help but be silly at times... I'll get bored following someone else's rule. I make money my own way and never do I look "ghetto".

Last night some guy was offended (IDK why, honestly) and left my room sending me PM's that I'm a black slut and a race riot is on the way to my room. I told the room and they said screw him. He just comes out of nowhere with the disrespect. It's whatever so done with racist assholes.

Anyways, I can't wait to reach my goals so I can be done with camming. So sick of the beggars, racist losers and wack ass men that sit behind a screen and think they run shit! This business just isn't for me and I've realized that. Kudos to you ladies!
02-25-2011, 06:27 PMDevonSantos
Us Hispanic/Latino models get it just as bad! We get called ALL kinds of rude nasty, words I would never repeat and guys have this thing with us Spanish women assuming we are nothing more than horny, baby making, barefoot and pregnant housemaids. Not trying to justify anything but at least let you ladies know that us Hispanic/Latino women get called all kinds of rude names online just as well. I have even been in white girls rooms and seen trolls call them the ''N'' word! People online are stupid! Just ignore them, ban them, and don't pay them any attention. For you models with low camscores, how do you expect to make it to the top rows or increase your camscore to running a room of 500 or more people without being able to handle a small room of trolls, beggars and bums? You do know that the higher your camscore the higher you are placed in the listing which allows for even ''more'' beggars, rude people, trolls and the whole nine to be in your room. No success comes without stress! If you wish to make top dollar on MFC and increase your camscore you should ''always'' look forward to trolls and ignorant people visiting your room. Just stay focused and have a drink before cam or a pop a cute pill for your anxiety cause from what I read in many forums ''anxiety'' is the #1 thing that makes a model not want to sign into MFC not because of ''this'' or ''that''! I also suffer from anxiety issues and first noticed it when I used to be an exotic dancer dancing topless on stage in front of many people and all wondering what they were thinking about me or worrying if I was going to fall or if they they I was small enough or whatever. Some models/girls drink to cope with their anxiety issues but I'm all about diet and fitness so I can't ingest all those calories just to make money, I do better with my pills. ;)
10-18-2012, 10:39 AMHunnieBunny
Quote:
I'd like to see a black woman, raised in "black culture", maybe with dreadlocks or an afro, who doesn't appear to be mixed at all, maybe not even *sounding white* when she speaks, make it to a top spot. What would she have to do to make it there? What if inside she felt super confident? What if she had a super high quality HD cam with remote and a wide assortment of toys? What if she was knowledgeable about fetishes and world events and had a stellar personality? Do you think she would have just as much of a chance as AvaAlexander or Kaileah to be top performer? I don't know... maybe...
I had to comment on this!!!! I am a black model on myfreecams whose been STRUGGLING up until now. I started off on myfreecams with genie locs (or yarn braids) in my hair and most days I struggled to make my topic or earn a decent amount (If you dont know what genie locs are do a quick google image search!). I recently took down my hair and put in a 14" sew in weave in my hair and guess what!?!?! I started to BANK and get privates everytime I log in. Last night I got a private instantly when I logged on and it was my first time EVER working nights. I made my topic in only about an hour and a half! It's bittersweet though, because Im the same fucking girl!!!! But is my value somehow increased by the tracks I put in my hair!?!

I am by no means ghetto, I was raised in Sugarland, TX (super suburbs!) and I have been told I "talk like a white girl" my whole fucking life. It is sad to say, but it's like people only want you to "be black" by your skin tone (if that makes sense). It was so confusing to me considering all of the compliments I received on my skin tone and my hair before my little makeover. Even the people who complimented my hair before tipped me MORE after I changed it! That's just the world we live in I guess....
10-23-2018, 02:08 PMRoseleeD25
Ok so I know this is a very old thread but I still have questions on it if anyone can answer this are you supposed to go along with whatever they think you are? Because I'm black but sometimes people don't always know it because I'm lighter have natural blonde hair etc.. I have 2 black parents and am pretty sure I'm like 85-90% black. I am not mixed at all. People usually think I'm a biracial or Hispanic or middle eastern depends on stuff. I usually correct people if they say I'm Turkish or Italian or Mexican or mixed etc.... I'm wondering is this not the correct etiquette in this environment since it's off of guys fetishes and preference am I supposed to just go with it? I mean it's not real life right?
10-23-2018, 02:26 PMaddytoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseleeD25 View Post
Ok so I know this is a very old thread but I still have questions on it if anyone can answer this are you supposed to go along with whatever they think you are? Because I'm black but sometimes people don't always know it because I'm lighter have natural blonde hair etc.. I have 2 black parents and am pretty sure I'm like 85-90% black. I am not mixed at all. People usually think I'm a biracial or Hispanic or middle eastern depends on stuff. I usually correct people if they say I'm Turkish or Italian or Mexican or mixed etc.... I'm wondering is this not the correct etiquette in this environment since it's off of guys fetishes and preference am I supposed to just go with it? I mean it's not real life right?
You should stay true to your character. I know my web persona is a character. It is me but like 100% better than I am irl. You can't please everyone so I think you should decide completely who your character is and stick with it. Unless your character is someone that tries to please everyone then you can go along with what each individual guy thinks you are but sounds exhausting to me.
10-23-2018, 03:58 PMminniesoporno
I don't think I comment on this subject.

So I am just going to post the article I wrote for ynotcam on the subject and the youtube video I did.

https://www.ynotcam.com/2018/01/11/o...odel-of-color/

Plus also I've been a top model on cams when I starting out from late 2003 and early 2004 for about 6 months. I am going on the 16 years of this it just takes work. and finding a website that list black models or models with darker skin tones.

12-18-2018, 08:32 PMHoneyMachado
I am loving chaturbate, I get guys paying me because of my complexion

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:35 pm

ElleMae
Would just like to say that CamSoda seems to be a good token site for black models. I've been doing ok on there, and I frequently see many WOC on the front page, it's not just a sea of thin white girls like most sites so I'm just going off that.
05-17-2021, 04:35 AMHoneyMachado
I'm on myfreecams and doing okay, I've made decent money since starting in March. I attract men who want conversation and the girlfriend experience
05-17-2021, 11:05 PMcaramelcraze
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyMachado View Post
I'm on myfreecams and doing okay, I've made decent money since starting in March. I attract men who want conversation and the girlfriend experience
If you look at the top 100 models monthly, there is rarely more than one ebony model in the mix which is sad.
05-17-2021, 11:42 PMmoneybags
I have a few resources I’ve collected.

https://bipocsexworkersresources.carrd.co/

https://www.bipoc-collective.org/

https://mobile.twitter.com/bipoc_aic?lang=en

https://pineapplesupport.org/support-groups/ Pineapple has a bipoc support group as well. Jasmine is the leader and she’s awesome! Highly recommend! It’s also free!

There should me weekly online content creator meetings for POC. If you go the pineapple support group, I’m sure she’ll know more.