Archived PMCyrilNovel: Immaculate LoveImmaculate Love

ARCHIVED PSO SUPPORT, phone sex tips from STRIPPERWEB
EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:38 pm

an ideal path to cross the mountains. The observation of ridges so far revealed a manageable if not an easy mountain pass to the other side. Sethos avoided landing on the western coast of Hibernia for its extreme ruggedness as warned by the shady character he met in Sardis.

“This looks like our path to fortune. What do you think Nikon?”

“I think you are right Sethos.”

The unknown land in front of them was there to be explored; it was rugged and challenging. So, the precious little logistics had to be planned very skillfully. They were looking at the mountain, the only thing that stood between them and the bounties.

Chapter - Six @ Post #96

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:41 pm

"See spot run." How about trying to mix it up a bit? Also, do you have another synonym for "ambition"?

When I read these sentences, I see a person who is used to writing for techinical purposes, such as a business proposal or a "how to" manual, and then trying to write a work of literature. Story telling doesn't have to be A to B to C to D. Everything doesn't have to be spelled out so plainly.

You words are not painting pictures. They are not enlivening the senses. They do not feed ones emotions. Basically, they don't involve the reader. In fact, your need to constantly spell things out and repeat ideas is almost an insult to the intelligence of your audience.

Here is an example of solid writing skill...

http://forum.stripperweb.com/showthread.php?t=133627

It's a link to a short story by Paris. When one reads it, they can feel the pain, the hurt, the emotions. They can see the dirty apartment. The author invites the reader to become temporarily immersed in the story.

Please understand this is sincere constructive criticism. There is an obivous lack of response to your work so far, and my guess is it is because people are just not that impressed by it.

Please, before posting more chapters, work on your technique.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:42 pm

customers cheered in approval as our DJ came up and sat at the foot of our stage with a guitar.

For the next two hours, girls danced by candlelight to acoustic music our DJ played with his guitar. The whole thing was beautiful, the light dancing of the girls’ curves. The customers were remarkable quiet, and those of us not onstage continued to go about the room selling dances, which proved to be astonishingly easy. The whole evening was relaxed and felt like such a treat; no booming music and people screaming over the normal din. Even the balmy Southern air felt soothing instead of stifling.

I was almost sad when the lights came back on. To this day years later, it is one of my fondest memories of this particular club. We were like a family always, but this night proved it to me over and over beyond a reasonable doubt.

I made $1500 that night without trying.

It is days like that which remind me that, sometimes, I love what I do.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:43 pm

dairy milk into cheese for market, as well as how to be business-minded. To the delight of her parents, Meara often drew admiration and envy from other parents who wished their own daughters were so agreeable and clever.

Not only was Meara quick minded, the boys in her villiage often whispered about her beauty. Her walk was as confident and soothing as a gentle ocean wave; powerful, yet gentle all the same. She had a beautiful soft, soothing voice, and the men would crane their heads as she passed by, hoping to catch just one note of her humming as she went about her daily business. The girls in the village were full of indignance and jealousy; they had begun to say she was a witch due her deep, sparkling, jade coloured eyes. However, she often laughed the rumours off as silliness.

Her dark wavy hair billowed out in the breeze that came over the mountains, emulating the storm clouds that would come in off of the ocean some afternoons. Even the sons of Druids could not resist this beauty of a farmer’s daughter. Even amidst the trials and tribulatons at hand, Meara had her faith as a pillar of strength for herself, as well as her family.

When she reached home, she greeted her mother gaily and began the evening chores. Several hours later, her father came home from the daily grazing trip. meara squealed with glee and ran into his arms. The old man chuckled, and as always, for a moment, forgot about the son he never had.

At bedtime, she silently moved her lips again before crawling into bed with a deep satisfaction that, nothing, not even the murderous clans that still sought them out, could ever penetrate the fortress of her faith.
That reads like a cheap copy of the original work.
08-06-2009, 09:15 PMmediocrity
Re: Novel: Immaculate Love
^^ I'd say that's up for debate.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:43 pm

PMCyril
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediocrity View Post
^^ I'd say that's up for debate.
If you really want to be constructive towards this thread, I can use a second pair of eyes, please proof read Chapter - Four. Thanks!
08-06-2009, 09:43 PMElvia
Why would you post this if you don't want honest feedback?
08-06-2009, 10:23 PMCyril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvia View Post
Why would you post this if you don't want honest feedback?
I was hoping to get the fifth chapter out this evening but looks like it is not going to happen anytime today.

Well, go ahead and give your honest feedback to me. I like honest feed backs. However, please keep in mind honest feedback does not equate to being rude. Thanks!

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:44 pm

Stripper Web Exotic Dancer Community
Novel: Immaculate Love
Printable View

Show 25 post(s) from this thread on one page
Page 2 of 12FirstFirstPrevious1234...NextLastLast
08-06-2009, 10:38 PMxdamage
Seems like a lot of people want to be writers. It's probably good self therapy but we live in a world where we have easy access to so many books and other written material, and we've been exposed to some amazing writers. The downside for amateurs then is you'll be compared to the best and like any other artistic matter, there is some training involved and also some raw talent.

Plus you've got a tough crowd here not exactly having taken time out to be sympathetic to seeing things from the female/dancers perspectives in other matters.

And also just a thought but people don't like to be given orders or assigned duties. Seems like you were giving people assignments in the dream girls thread and now in this one.. they aren't here to do work items for you.
08-06-2009, 10:53 PMCyril
Quote:
In response to Verf about mental pictures, that's totally it. Transporting someone to the scene you are describing is essential.

Not to be a braggart, but I've been working on my own novel about two years. I'm not a professional writer, but here is an excerpt I shared in my public blong that I think fits the bill about creating atmosphere:

Atlanta, 2005.

It was a busy Friday night despite the thunderstorms. Patrons were running in, damp from the valet station, and those unlucky enough to wait in line outside did so until they could squeeze water out of their shirts.

Sometimes it baffles me, the conditions people will wait in to see nude girls.

Fortunately it was a warm rain, but it was a humid, sauna environment inside the club; our air conditioner had been pretty sketchy all week. The packed in wet bodies created an almost solid air atmosphere. I felt like I was walking around in warm, loud, dark fog. Despite it, people were jovial, the girls onstage didn’t hesitate to remove their clothes like we did most nights… we were thankful to run around in our bare skin, though our hair stuck to our foreheads and our makeup was running.

I had made a decent amount of money thus far into the night. It was around eleven in the evening, and prime hours still had yet to come. During dances customers fanned me with table tents, and for once I can say I was grateful for the gesture. My regulars had come in, all three of them in the same night. I looked around and smiled, thinking about the new television I was going to buy in the morning if all went well. I heard my name called, strutted up onto the stage, and then it happened.

The power went out.

Now this may not seem like a crisis in a home situation. You sit in the dark with your family, wait a couple of hours and the lights come back on, no big deal. But in the most popular strip club in a major city, this is a huge problem. No lights. No music. No kitchen. No DJ to announce when we are next. No blow dryers, no straightening irons, no mirror lights. A huge “Awwwww!” went out across the crowd. In short, we were fucked.

I stood there, not knowing what to do. Should I keep moving, should I stop? Should I sit down? Having been in plenty of awkward positions, but never something like this, I had no clue what to do.

After a few minutes, several other girls came up on stage to keep me company. We sat in a circle, talking to the patrons. Ironically, they continue to tip us. I think in some way, they found it amusing, the group of naked girls sitting on a stage in the dark. I can’t say as I disagree with them. You would think people would have left, but truthfully, not many did.

Suddenly my manager runs up to the stage with a huge box in his hands.

“Here girls, line the stage, we’re going to make this work. Hurry up, ok?”

The box was full of candles.

We lined our forty foot runway stage with candles and lit them one by one. With four or five of us working, it didn’t take long. The customers cheered in approval as our DJ came up and sat at the foot of our stage with a guitar.

For the next two hours, girls danced by candlelight to acoustic music our DJ played with his guitar. The whole thing was beautiful, the light dancing of the girls’ curves. The customers were remarkable quiet, and those of us not onstage continued to go about the room selling dances, which proved to be astonishingly easy. The whole evening was relaxed and felt like such a treat; no booming music and people screaming over the normal din. Even the balmy Southern air felt soothing instead of stifling.

I was almost sad when the lights came back on. To this day years later, it is one of my fondest memories of this particular club. We were like a family always, but this night proved it to me over and over beyond a reasonable doubt.

I made $1500 that night without trying.

It is days like that which remind me that, sometimes, I love what I do.
There are following problems with this excerpt from your novel:

-It reads like a memoir
-It takes up too long and yet yields nothing tangible in terms of the storyline
-It does not have clearly defined objective

One of the mistakes people make is they think lots of words equals a good novel. That assumption is dead wrong. You have to realize that people may get bored reading lots of useless information they do not care about unless you write like Hermann Hesse.

In contrast with your writing style, mine has following positive attributes:

- Short and to the point. Well suited for people who have limited amount of time at hand to indulge in reading a novel
- Each chapter in Immaculate Love has well defined objective, e.g., the first chapter introduces you to Meara, the second chapter introduces you to Sethos, the third chapter gives you an idea about the time landmark and the fourth chapter gives you the detail account of the route Sethos will take to reach Meara. You do not even have to consult a globe; it is so detailed.
08-06-2009, 11:15 PMxdamage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
One of the mistakes people make is they think lots of words equals a good novel. That assumption is dead wrong. You have to realize that people may get bored reading lots of useless information they do not care about unless you write like Hermann Hesse.
Partially true. They also grow bored with novels that lack emotion and are mostly just a bunch of facts with half hearted attempts to appear emotional in between the dumping of facts. Her story had me emotionally involved, wondering what comes next. Yours I couldn't read. I was bored. Honest opinion, nothing personal. I felt it was just a lot of words, and my mind didn't immediately feel there was anything of interest in it for me. I don't care about your key character because she is lifeless. There is another level to writing I have no skill in but I can sense it when I see it.
08-06-2009, 11:15 PMCyril
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdamage View Post

And also just a thought but people don't like to be given orders or assigned duties. Seems like you were giving people assignments in the dream girls thread and now in this one.. they aren't here to do work items for you.
Well...............
08-06-2009, 11:17 PMCyril
Quote:
Partially true. They also grow bored with novels that lack emotion and are mostly just a bunch of facts with half hearted attempts to appear emotional in between the dumping of facts. Her story had me emotionally involved, wondering what comes next. Yours I couldn't read. I was bored. Honest opinion, nothing personal. I felt it was just a lot of words, and my mind didn't immediately feel there was anything of interest in it for me. I don't care about your key character because she is lifeless. There is another level to writing I have no skill in but I can sense it when I see it.
Just an FYI, racy stuff will come soon so tune in later.
08-06-2009, 11:47 PMxdamage
Quote:
Just an FYI, racy stuff will come soon so tune in later.
racy won't save it for me ... but I love books and stories where we don't get a 30,000 foot view of what is going on, but rather the world unfolds seeing it through the eyes of the main character(s). Assuming there is something(s) to like about these characters, that gets me involved. I can fill in the big picture in my own mind, and if you have a vision about the big picture, your talent as a writer will reveal it to me indirectly, allowing me to have the same emotional sense of wonder you feel about it.
08-06-2009, 11:59 PMCyril
Quote:
racy won't save it for me ... but I love books and stories where we don't get a 30,000 foot view of what is going on, but rather the world unfolds seeing it through the eyes of the main character(s). Assuming there is something(s) to like about these characters, that gets me involved. I can fill in the big picture in my own mind, and if you have a vision about the big picture, your talent as a writer will reveal it to me indirectly, allowing me to have the same emotional sense of wonder you feel about it.
This paragraph of yours clearly demonstrates a lack of understanding on your part as far as limitations of conveying human emotions is concerned. No one can ever truly convey to others how he truly feels. Have you read "Music at Night? If not, my suggestion would be to grab a copy from a library or internet and read it.

Anyone who puts unrealistic emphasis on communicating human emotions is setting himself up for a disappointment. The task is impossible.
08-07-2009, 12:19 AMxdamage
Quote:
This paragraph of yours clearly demonstrates a lack of understanding on your part as far as limitations of conveying human emotions is concerned. No one can ever truly convey to others how he truly feels. Have you read "Music at Night? If not, my suggestion would be to grab a copy from a library or internet and read it.

Anyone who puts unrealistic emphasis on communicating human emotions is setting himself up for a disappointment. The task is impossible.
Huh?

You're making a black and white argument.

I didn't tell you to communicate to me 100% exactly what feelings you imagined or give up entirely.

There is a gray area in the middle where artists try and succeed to varying degrees. On that gray scale your story scored poorly for me.

Besides we are all far more alike then different. Our genetic codes nearly identical except for very tiny minor variations. Our life experiences somewhat different, but again, also we experience a tremendous amount in common. And we have endless day to day dealings with each other where we learn how our own emotional experiences are so much like others, and how they differ too. That's the core of communication. Nobody says "well i can't communicate my feelings perfectly so I just give up entirely".
08-07-2009, 01:20 AMmediocrity
Quote:
There are following problems with this excerpt from your novel:

-It reads like a memoir
-It takes up too long and yet yields nothing tangible in terms of the storyline
-It does not have clearly defined objective

In contrast with your writing style, mine has following positive attributes:

- Short and to the point. Well suited for people who have limited amount of time at hand to indulge in reading a novel
- Each chapter in Immaculate Love has well defined objective, e.g., the first chapter introduces you to Meara, the second chapter introduces you to Sethos, the third chapter gives you an idea about the time landmark and the fourth chapter gives you the detail account of the route Sethos will take to reach Meara. You do not even have to consult a globe; it is so detailed.
It IS a memoir of my own personal experiences. Not a linear novel, it's a collection of anecdotes and emotion of how it truly is to be in a dancer's line of work. It isn't meant to be methodical or even have a main storyline. It's about evoking emotion and transporting people into my world, just for a little while.

Your writing style strikes me as very cold and impersonal, honestly.
08-07-2009, 02:36 AMgoreantx
I tried to read the original post with the chapters. I agree with many of the reply posts that the grammar is unpolished. For instance, you can't start a sentence with "But". I recommend going to a college bookstore and purchasing a grammar textbook. Also, the sentences seem choppy. I can't follow the flow of your story because of the grammar. I want to see it when you've edited the grammar; I feel that is the only fair way I can critique your work.
08-07-2009, 04:17 AMJayATee
Quote:
I was hoping to get the fifth chapter out this evening but looks like it is not going to happen anytime today.

Well, go ahead and give your honest feedback to me. I like honest feed backs. However, please keep in mind honest feedback does not equate to being rude. Thanks!

LoL. You like honest feedback as long as you don't have to LISTEN to any of it so you can continue to live in your little dream world. Prozac? You need something a lot stronger than that.

I still have no idea why you or your threads are tolerated here.

Quote:
It IS a memoir of my own personal experiences. Not a linear novel, it's a collection of anecdotes and emotion of how it truly is to be in a dancer's line of work. It isn't meant to be methodical or even have a main storyline. It's about evoking emotion and transporting people into my world, just for a little while.

Careful honey, speak slowly and use small words so that he might have a better chance at understanding you.
08-07-2009, 07:08 AMxdamage
FWIW Cyril I've told my kids for a long time, most movies for me succeed or fail based on one simple point. Is there at least one character that I care about? Perhaps I've overly impressed them with this PoV, but they now being a bit older say the same, movies FAIL because there was not one character we secretly cheer for on some level. Drama, action, detail, comedy, you can spend hunderds of millions and still end up with a Waterworld. Everything technically correct, but no emotional connection made.
08-07-2009, 10:31 AMverfolgung
Quote:
That reads like a cheap copy of the original work.
Well to be honest, she wasn't given a heck of a lot to work with.

Quote:
... I am attempting to construct a tale of immaculate love, which thrives amidst greed and lust. . ...
FAIL!
08-07-2009, 10:48 AMverfolgung
Quote:
... One of the mistakes people make is they think lots of words equals a good novel. That assumption is dead wrong. You have to realize that people may get bored reading lots of useless information they do not care about unless you write like Hermann Hesse. ...
One of my favorite lessons in writing comes from Strunk & White's: Elements of Style: "Omit needless words! Omit needless words! Omit needless words!"

You're right, more words does not necessarily equal better writing; however, using less words does not mean the writing needs to be lacking. You're own short scripts are FULL of needless words and repetitive themes, which could be both shortened AND improved. Using the same word over and over is neither creative, immaginative or efficient.

One thing you have suceeded at is that you've managed to bore people quickly - congrats.

You asked for feedback, and you've been given some. Yet you've not made use of any of it. Rather, you appear to be your own favorite critic. It must be easy to meet such low standards.
08-07-2009, 01:47 PMxdamage
I think it fine to want to try to write and admire people who have an interest. Just it is difficult when it comes time to ask for honest criticism. My shelves at home are stacked with books and I love reading but out of those books, only a few of the fictions really are memorable. So much else I finished because I had already paid for it and arguably shouldn't have wasted my time on.

Also I'm guessing most people don't want to contribute to a lets-write-a-make-believe novel on line anymore then they did a lets-build-a-make-believe-business because frankly, it's too much like work for them, and the benefits would be what? The OP receives credit? What would they get out of it?
08-07-2009, 03:32 PMmediocrity
I'm also curious how it's a story about a "stripper" and a "PL". Last I checked, strippers down pray at wells and flee murderous clans with thier parents to raise sheep and goats? Main character seems pretty religious. Guy lead is an "ambitious" (as we were told 83748328 times by the overuse of the word ambition) quasi-nobleman whom has plans to coquer foreign lands.

No strip club, dances, no money exchanged.. how is this a story about a dancer and a customer as opposed to a run of the mill romance novella?
08-07-2009, 08:14 PMElvia
^^ I was wondering that as well.
08-08-2009, 04:02 AMCyril
Quote:
Originally Posted by goreantx View Post
I tried to read the original post with the chapters. I agree with many of the reply posts that the grammar is unpolished. For instance, you can't start a sentence with "But". I recommend going to a college bookstore and purchasing a grammar textbook. Also, the sentences seem choppy. I can't follow the flow of your story because of the grammar. I want to see it when you've edited the grammar; I feel that is the only fair way I can critique your work.
There is a trend among modernist writers to start sentences with "But". It is a writing style. Please look it up.
08-08-2009, 04:05 AMCyril
Quote:
I'm also curious how it's a story about a "stripper" and a "PL". Last I checked, strippers down pray at wells and flee murderous clans with thier parents to raise sheep and goats? Main character seems pretty religious. Guy lead is an "ambitious" (as we were told 83748328 times by the overuse of the word ambition) quasi-nobleman whom has plans to coquer foreign lands.

No strip club, dances, no money exchanged.. how is this a story about a dancer and a customer as opposed to a run of the mill romance novella?
Your entire post was simply an account of wrong conjectures about Immaculate Love. Are you even trying to understand what is happening?
08-08-2009, 04:09 AMCyril
Quote:
FWIW Cyril I've told my kids for a long time, most movies for me succeed or fail based on one simple point. Is there at least one character that I care about? Perhaps I've overly impressed them with this PoV, but they now being a bit older say the same, movies FAIL because there was not one character we secretly cheer for on some level. Drama, action, detail, comedy, you can spend hunderds of millions and still end up with a Waterworld. Everything technically correct, but no emotional connection made.
All you are doing is affirming the subjective nature of people's taste. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Why do I say that? It is because I have met quite a few people who liked Water World.
08-08-2009, 04:20 AMCyril
Quote:
Originally Posted by verfolgung View Post
One of my favorite lessons in writing comes from Strunk & White's: Elements of Style: "Omit needless words! Omit needless words! Omit needless words!"

You're right, more words does not necessarily equal better writing; however, using less words does not mean the writing needs to be lacking. You're own short scripts are FULL of needless words and repetitive themes, which could be both shortened AND improved. Using the same word over and over is neither creative, immaginative or efficient.

One thing you have suceeded at is that you've managed to bore people quickly - congrats.

You asked for feedback, and you've been given some. Yet you've not made use of any of it. Rather, you appear to be your own favorite critic. It must be easy to meet such low standards.
I have to say your criticism is fair.

I made several mistakes and I will outline them here:

- I usually write using short sentences but in my attempt to be artistic I tried resorting to long sentences and I messed up punctuations big time
- I introduced Alexander for the sole purpose of historical landmarks so I did not invest enough creativity in making chapter-three a bit more interesting for the readers

I am satisfied with chapter one, two and four; of course they may require some proof reading.

I am not interested in who can piss further contest. So, if I find any useful information in anyone's post, I will grab it or else I will ignore it.
08-08-2009, 04:29 AMxdamage
Quote:
All you are doing is affirming the subjective nature of people's taste. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Why do I say that? It is because I have met quite a few people who liked Water World.
Fair enough. But if your goal is to be at least as good as Waterworld, then it goes with the territory that you'll receive at least as much negative criticism as well.
08-08-2009, 04:31 AMCyril
Quote:
Fair enough. But if your goal is to be at least as good as Waterworld, then it goes with the territory that you'll receive at least as much negative criticism as well.
There is not a single author who is admired by everyone.
08-08-2009, 04:49 AMmediocrity
Quote:
Your entire post was simply an account of wrong conjectures about Immaculate Love. Are you even trying to understand what is happening?
Oh Mr. Cyril. I am an educated woman. You really want to go down this road?

PS. To be immature for a moment? Most people who have read this nonsense think your writing style sucks. There is NO artistry in it, it evokes NO emotions, it reads as cold as a fucking muder file.
08-08-2009, 05:01 AMCyril
Quote:

Where do you see "cold" in my writing?
Page 2 of 12FirstFirstPrevious1234...NextLastLast
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 PM.
Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Extra Tabs by vBulletin Hispano
Site and content Copyright © StripperWeb.com - See Terms of Service for complete details.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:45 pm

Stripper Web Exotic Dancer Community
Novel: Immaculate Love
Printable View

Page 3 of 12FirstFirstPrevious12345...NextLastLast
08-08-2009, 05:03 AMCyril
Quote:
You really want to go down this road?
No. I just wish to see something sane coming from your post. It is not that unreasonable to expect. Thanks!
08-08-2009, 05:24 AMCyril
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayATee View Post

I still have no idea why you or your threads are tolerated here.
- I love strippers
- I am civil
- I am sincere
- I try to see other people's point of view
- I am respectful even if I do not agree with someone
- When I make a mistake, I acknowledge and rectify it
- I engage in discourse with an intent to share information not to see who can piss further

Now, let me ask you this, why are you against an innocent novel on the "The Lounge" section? Is it because you hold an unfavorable disposition towards me? Is it because of my name?

I think it would be more prudent to ask why are you allowed to call me names time and time again?
08-08-2009, 08:41 AMWiseGuy_TX
Quote:
- I love strippers
- I am civil
- I am sincere
- I engage in discourse with an intent to share information not to see who can piss further

Now, let me ask you this, why are you against an innocent novel on the "The Lounge" section? Is it because you hold an unfavorable disposition towards me? Is it because of my name?

I think it would be more prudent to ask why are you allowed to call me names time and time again?
...geeez, please stop patronizing the forum. You enjoy swimming against the tide as indicated by the volume of your confrontational posts. BTW, your story did not have any sharks with iron swords attached to their heads. Any chance for that?
08-08-2009, 10:31 AMxdamage
Quote:
Where do you see "cold" in my writing?
Reminds me of something a physics teacher once taught us. Cold is the lack of heat/energy, the natural state when everything is at rest, motionless, lifeless... that image stuck with me. You argued above that you felt it was not important to try and radiate any emotions in your writing... thus cold.
08-08-2009, 12:42 PMverfolgung
Quote:
.. I am satisfied with chapter one, two and four ...
You're satisfied with Chapter 1? Honestly, you should have put more work into improving Chapter 1 before even bothering to continue. For example, did you notice that your first and last paragraphs are inconsistent?
08-08-2009, 12:58 PMJayATee
Quote:
There is not a single author who is admired by everyone.
When you're not admired by ANYONE it's time to take the hint.

Quote:
- I love strippers
- I am civil
- I am sincere

Don't make me laugh. This might be the funniest thing you've ever posted. Aside from this atrocious thing you are attempting to pass off as a "novel" about strippers and stripping.

P.S I haven't called you any names here... so don't get pissy just bc nobody else can stand you either.
08-08-2009, 02:18 PMmediocrity
Quote:
You are the one who has posted in customer conversation that it is about a dancer and a "PL"! You even told JayATee it features a goth stripper! Which is it?
08-08-2009, 07:09 PMCyril
Chapter - Five is up.

Thanks to all of you who took the time to read the novel and enjoy it!
08-08-2009, 07:11 PMCyril
Quote:
You are the one who has posted in customer conversation that it is about a dancer and a "PL"! You even told JayATee it features a goth stripper! Which is it?
It seems like you are not following the storyline for some reason. Once I have few more chapters on the board, I will briefly summarize it for you. OK?
08-08-2009, 07:19 PMCyril
Quote:
... so don't get pissy just bc nobody else can stand you either.
That really is not as big a deal as you are making it out to be.
08-08-2009, 07:31 PMevan_essence
Quote:
Meara was heading home from the divine well where she finished her evening prayers. She was a young girl trying to understand the turbulent time befallen on her Celtic tribe.
I find the following to be problematic. You're explaining too much in the form of narrative. It reads like dry facts from a dry history textbook. I don't want you to tell me so much as a narrator. Let what happens in the story -- the interaction of the characters and their thoughts and feelings -- tell me. The scene can be set by the narrator to set the tone, but set it and get out of the way. In reaction to the above excerpt and other passages like it, I feel cheated out of any empathy because I want to understand the character by her own revelations, not from the revelations of a narrator talking about her. I can empathize with the characters if you let them do the bulk of the story telling, rather than you telling so much of the story in your narrator voice.

-Eva
08-08-2009, 07:34 PMCyril
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan_essence View Post
I find the following to be problematic. You're explaining too much in the form of narrative. It reads like dry facts from a dry history textbook. I don't want you to tell me so much as a narrator. Let what happens in the story -- the interaction of the characters and their thoughts and feelings -- tell me. The scene can be set by the narrator to set the tone, but set it and get out of the way. In reaction to the above excerpt and other passages like it, I feel cheated out of any empathy because I want to understand the character by her own revelations, not from the revelations of a narrator talking about her. I can empathize with the characters if you let them do the bulk of the story telling, rather than you telling so much of the story in your narrator voice.

-Eva
Thank you for the feedback! This is the kind of feedback I am looking for. You clearly identified a problem domain which needs to be addressed. I will try to follow your advise when writing the next chapter.
08-08-2009, 07:41 PMJayATee
Quote:
You're the one who seems to have your panties in a bunch over it. I frankly couldn't care less if no one likes you. ;D
08-08-2009, 07:50 PMCyril
Quote:
You're the one who seems to have your panties in a bunch over it. I frankly couldn't care less if no one likes you. ;D
I am glad you let it out of your chest. Praise the lord.
08-08-2009, 08:44 PMHopper
^I liked it better when she was ignoring us.
08-08-2009, 08:47 PMverfolgung
Quote:
Thank you for the feedback! This is the kind of feedback I am looking for. You clearly identified a problem domain which needs to be addressed. I will try to follow your advise when writing the next chapter.
This very similar criticism to what has already been provided.
Instead of continuing on to the next chapter, how about improving the first!

Quote:
Chapter - Five is up.

Thanks to all of you who took the time to read the novel and enjoy it!
Psst, since you're a fan of removing extra words, there's no need for the last three. As of this point, no one has. ;)
08-08-2009, 09:25 PMCyril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
I think she has a crush on one of us; I am not sure which one of us though. :)
08-08-2009, 09:32 PMverfolgung
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
I think she has a crush on one of us; I am not sure which one of us though.

Yeah, in the same reality where Dream Girls is a successful club, and Immaculate Love is a NYT Best Seller. ::)
08-08-2009, 09:41 PMCyril
Quote:
Yeah, in the same reality where Dream Girls is a successful club, and Immaculate Love is a NYT Best Seller. ::)
You are a defeatist and you try to pigeonhole others in your caliber.
08-08-2009, 10:12 PMverfolgung
^^^ This means a lot coming from someone who routinely likes to comment on things he has no clue about.

http://forum.stripperweb.com/showthr...98#post1836398
08-09-2009, 03:55 AMmediocrity
Quote:
It seems like you are not following the storyline for some reason. Once I have few more chapters on the board, I will briefly summarize it for you. OK?
You're evading the issue. You have SPECIFICALLY STATED (and I will find posts and quote 'em for backup) that this is a dancer and "PL" (<--disgusting term by the way) story.

And PS. Your storyline blows, no matter what you deem it to be about for the moment.
08-09-2009, 03:56 AMmediocrity
Quote:
Oh Verf. You make the customer comments worth it.;D You rock.
08-09-2009, 03:58 AMmediocrity
Quote:
No, it's kind of a fact. 99% of us dancers either find you to be a) disgusting or b) insufferable.

So much for you loving strippers because they certainly don't love you.
08-09-2009, 04:27 AMJayATee
Quote:
I am glad you let it out of your chest. Praise the lord.
For what? No one liking you? Ok... praise the lord no one likes you.

Umm... but what exactly did I "let out of my chest"? LoL.
08-09-2009, 04:52 AMHopper
^If you are really annoyed of offended by him, you can just put him on ignore. Live and let live. You and mediocrity sound like you enjoy the conflict. You talk to him a lot for someone you can't stand.
Page 3 of 12FirstFirstPrevious12345...NextLastLast