Labiaplasty Recovery

Your body your business! Everything body related goes here: exercise, surgery, clothing, products, etc.

Moderator: Genoveve

AvaJade
Reactions:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:48 am

Labiaplasty Recovery

Hi, has anyone had this procedure? I'm wondering about recovery time as the info online and even from surgeons I've had consults with varies quite a lot.

Is returning to a moderately active vanilla job (standing for most of the day) after 8 full days of rest OK?

Genoveve
Hustler
Reactions:

Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:07 pm

Well it's probably going to be better than a vanilla job where you have to sit all day, if you catch my drift. I know someone who had it done and she said sitting up and having to scoot around on her butt were the most painful things.

Are you going to still have stitches in at that point? Because you might be walking funny and may want to come up with a good excuse for why if you want to be DL about it at your vanilla job.

aka Genoveve
AvaJade
Reactions:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:52 pm

Yeah, its gonna be interesting. I'm usually cool with being open about surgery and procedures but this isn't one I'm willing to overshare on. I plan to tell them I'm having some kind of routine surgery and explain that I will be moving more slowly as a result.

You're right, I think sitting is really uncomfortable and a doughnut cushion is reccommended. I just don't think being on my feet for the majority of 8 hours is ideal too soon afterwards either. I might also just tell them I need to alternate between sitting / standing for that week.

I've now arranged it so I will have 10 days off too.

Genoveve
Hustler
Reactions:

Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:11 pm

^^^I actually have to have a lipoma removed from my upper inner thigh which is a small surgery, maybe you can use that as your excuse LOL.

aka Genoveve
bigbum
Hustler
Reactions:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:22 pm

pardon my ignorance but is this the operation to have vaginal lips removed? if so that is what I am planning to have done, but I don't know the word for it In French if it is the same as what you are talking about.

Spemily
Reactions:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:14 pm

Labiaplasty is surgery to make the labia minora (the smaller inner vaginal lips) smaller or otherwise "improve" their appearance. (I put improve in quotes because what constitutes prettier labia is quite subjective, so two different people might be hoping for two very different results from a labiaplasty.) In general, they are not entirely removed.

The French word is "nymphoplastie" or "labiaplastie des petites lèvres". Total removal of the labia is referred to with a different name.

As a general rule, a surgery ending in -plasty involves reshaping/fixing/improving something (for example, rhinoplasty, commonly referred to as a "nose job"). A surgery involving removal usually ends in -ectomy (for example, hysterectomy, removal of the uterus).

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labiaplastie

I have a few friends who have been through some genital procedures. How annoying the healing is will depend a lot on how big the resulting wounds are. If you only need a couple of stitches on each side to close the wounds, you'll be much less uncomfortable. If the wounds are a couple of inches long and require more stitches, it'll be more uncomfortable. It'll also depend on the rest of your anatomy, because that will dictate in what position there is pressure on the wounds. Swelling is also a big factor and doesn't affect everyone the same way. Some people have carried on basically as if nothing happened almost right away. Others were sitting around with their legs open for weeks.

AvaJade
Reactions:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:09 pm

I definitely won't be rushing to do anything or go anywhere too soon. My plan is to have everything I'll need at home so I'm able to heal as well as possible in that first week or two. Really hoping I will be over the worst of it in that period - I hate staying indoors and/or immobile for long periods as it fucks with my anxiety.
That early recovery period is crucial though to avoid complications like excess bleeding or wound dehiscence. I've also read accounts of women who have attempted to have sex too soon and ended up having issues.

Surgery is several weeks away but so far I've bought a doughnut cushion, a few pairs of granny pants (LOL), some new cosy loungewear, a nice new set of bed linen and also a 'peri bottle' for cleaning easily.

I intend to batch cook and freeze some meals and will make sure I've got fresh ingredients in the fridge so I can cook healthy food if I feel like it (cooking can also be a way to kill time if I'm getting bored). I'll also make sure I'm stocked up on my supplements, especially ones that aid healing.

When is your surgery, bigbum?

AvaJade
Reactions:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:24 am

Update: Well, I'm not bored at all - in fact I'm enjoying having a reason to stay indoors and do next to nothing.

The surgery was...more painful than I expected (not surprising as the local anaesthetic wore off early :( ).
It's a weird recovery because now the pain is minimal, it's easy to overdo it. If I do forget to waddle like a penguin and make the wrong move I'll get a twinge as a reminder to sit TF down.

I think it's going to be a nice result anyway.