Help hustling

ARCHIVED topics about exotic dancing and the industry. For FEMALE exotic dancers, ex-dancer, and dancers to-be ONLY.

Moderators: Charlie61, Abundance, Genoveve, Aurora S.

Likethis
Reactions:

Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:37 pm

Original post by mediocrity (I'm not 100% sure about the thread name and I haven't found the thread in the archives yet, I just had this post saved):

Here's an outline I posted awhile ago of what my basic hustle was. Maybe it will help you out:

"What really helps me is to not sit in laps. Sit across from the guy whenever you can. Touch knees with him and lean forward. Use eye contact. I've typed this out before, but here's how mine normally go:

Me: Hey cupcake, how's things? / Hey handsome, what's up? (smile big)
Him: [smiles- thats why I use fun openers] Good, and yourself?
Me: I'm going fantastic / great/ wonderful! [strong words] Looks like you could use some company!
Him: [invites me to sit]

The conversation then goes:

Where are you from? Oh [ X Town]? I've been there/ I have a friend there/ I have always wanted to visit/ I'm going there soon to visit! [insert random positive details about his location]. Don't you just love Austin? I fell in love with [ x, x and x] have you been to [x, x and x]? If you have time, you should totally check it out. What do you do/ why are you in town? That sounds awesome! [ insert random praise about occupation - trust me you can always find something, even if it's Burger King: "Oh really? That's cool- I love their veggie burger! Makes it so much easier for me- do you sell a lot of them?" ]

In my experience that usually gives you enough avenues to branch off, or for him to branch off. I usually do 2-3 songs of chat before I pitch. Better success rate."

CREATE A COMMON GROUND. Make him identify with you. Make him think you totally believe he is AWESOME. That's what will set you apart.

Another way I explained this:

"What used to work for me were several approaches:

a) Paying close attention to who is watching you onstage. I learned this late, after I stopped drinking at work. Even if the stage is far away, you can look them in their eyes and make them come up to the stage to tip you. When they come up, say "Thanks so much sweetheart. Would you like me to come visit you when I'm done up here? I've only got another [3-5] minutes, then I'm all yours!" Giving them the small time frame makes it seem like less of a wait until they can have your attention, thus making them more apt to tell any other girls they are waiting for you. After stage, thank him first, saying "I have to go say thanks to all these nice people for tipping me real quick. Hold my seat for me, would you?" That claims your seat, the guy can see you're a nice person, and it's a good way to knock down any preconceived notions or walls they may have. It also humanizes you for them which cuts down on the gross factor.

b) I always approached targets who were not from the stage in this manner. Come up from the side with the open chair, put a hand on his shoulder and gently squeeze. When he turns around, smile warmly and say something along the lines of "Hey there! Would you mind if I sat down with you for a bit?" while touching the open chair. They very rarely will say no.

c) Make them laugh! I never had a guy say no to me when I came up grinning and was all "Hey there cupcake! I need some entertainment! You look like a fun guy- mind if I hang out with you for a bit?" It's refreshing to them to meet someone who has the appearance of being genuine versus the fake sexy act, at least that's what I was always told.

Additional bits of info:

Always sit across from them with your knees touching theirs. If they protested, I always said "I prefer to sit here, because then I can actually see your face!" and then I'd smile and do a silly "hi" wave. You actually have more control from this position and can utilise neat body language tricks.

If a guy says no, be graceful and don't force him. I always pointed to their drink and said "Ahh. Drink number one?", and when they nodded ( which was 9/10ths of the time ) I'd say "I totally understand. Well I'm Violet, and if you need anything, give me a shout. I'll come back later, ok?"

In light of that, ALWAYS GO BACK. If a guy says in 15 minutes, go back in 15 minutes. If you say you'll be back, keep your promise. It's paid off for me a number of times.

Finally, something I hated doing, but always did anyway because it paid itself forward a hundred times: ask them if they have their eye on someone. It sounds counter intuitive but it isn't. If you ask, and the guy is all "Yes actually, I'm waiting for Rainbow", ask if you can go get Rainbow for him. Not only does it improve your rapport with him, but oftentimes Rainbow will sell dances for YOU in the future.”

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:43 pm

@Likethis Thank you so much. I have so many files and organizing them has been a challenge. I'm getting some help tomorrow hopefully. But I appreciate all the help we can get. Feel free to add threads here in the archive section. If it's something more recent then go ahead and place it in the one of the other sub forums under Stripper Shit. I can always rearrange things at a later date. Thank you.