Beauty Randoms Thread

What's hot in the world of stripper fashion? Where'd you get it? Let's talk about it!

Moderator: Genoveve

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:26 pm

Genoveve
Beauty Randoms Thread
I kept derailing another thread with discussions about fillers and such so I figured I'd start a thread that's for random beauty talk.

So I was talking to Michelle11 about how extremely short-lasting we're finding our injectables to be, I was just talking to another friend who's a fan of fillers about all this and she has the exact same issues. So that makes 4 of us. She said that for one, in the UK where she is there's a generic, sub-par version of botox that doctors will trick you with that has really small, really unpredictable molecules and lasts a maximum of 8 weeks. She told me to ask to see the botox bottle the next time I get it so I can read it. She also said that botox used to last for agesssss on her and now it's crap which is exactly what my other friend says.

She also said that she got juvederm in her lips once and it was gone right away, she did it again with restylane and again with perlane both were gone right away. Then she tried a different one called hydrofill and it lasted for 10 months, she did it again and it lasted another 10 months. She eventually went back to get it again only to find out that they took it off the market. Of course they took it off the market, it worked too good and saved the customers too much money!

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:27 pm

09-09-2015, 06:00 michele11
Re: Beauty Randoms Thread
Retin a? Retin A is a heavy exfoliant, It peels. It's kind of like getting a peel. It's suppose to make the skin produce more collagen. I tried a less strong version about 14 years ago and used it with MD forte to speed results. Regular retin A I couldn't wear foundation because my face was all peely. I've heard it a numbing agent is added to fillers it won't last as long? I think most the new ones have it. They're also calling old perlane, restalynne lift now. Lol. I think too if they go too deep or not deep enough it doesn't last? I love this thread;D

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:28 pm

09-09-2015, 06:06 PMmichele11
Damn it. I can't find it now but there's this oil peel that I looked at before and after and results were amazing. They can do it under the eye only and target areas?
09-09-2015, 06:07 PMmichele11
We should do before and after here too?:-*

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:28 pm

PMGenoveve
I never peeled with my retin-A but I eased myself onto it very slowly, like applied it 2x a week for a while, then 3x a week for a while....until I got to where I was using it daily. I don't know if that's why I never peeled or if it's because .25 is minuscule.

Befores and afters would be fun. I'll do one for my lips the next time I get them done, I have no clue when that will be though. I made an appointment for a fraxel session and lip injections in July for early this month then they called me to move it further away. Fine. Then they called me again to move that appointment to a later time and by then it would be too close to the event I was trying to have it all done by so I told them to just cancel it. I'm kind of glad though because I had to do so much running around for my boobs that I'm glad to have one less thing to go to, plus after all our chatting about these 'two-day injectables' I am desperate to try a different place. I don't even feel like doing the fraxel now, I think I still need it but I'm just so over running around and being poked and prodded that I care a lot less.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:29 pm

https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/print ... =25&page=1
1 capture
26 Jan 2023
DEC JAN FEB
Previous capture 26 Next capture
2022 2023 2024

About this capture
Stripper Web Exotic Dancer Community
Beauty Randoms Thread
Printable View

Show 25 post(s) from this thread on one page
Page 1 of 601231151...NextLastLast
09-09-2015, 03:03 PMGenoveve
Beauty Randoms Thread
I kept derailing another thread with discussions about fillers and such so I figured I'd start a thread that's for random beauty talk.

So I was talking to Michelle11 about how extremely short-lasting we're finding our injectables to be, I was just talking to another friend who's a fan of fillers about all this and she has the exact same issues. So that makes 4 of us. She said that for one, in the UK where she is there's a generic, sub-par version of botox that doctors will trick you with that has really small, really unpredictable molecules and lasts a maximum of 8 weeks. She told me to ask to see the botox bottle the next time I get it so I can read it. She also said that botox used to last for agesssss on her and now it's crap which is exactly what my other friend says.

She also said that she got juvederm in her lips once and it was gone right away, she did it again with restylane and again with perlane both were gone right away. Then she tried a different one called hydrofill and it lasted for 10 months, she did it again and it lasted another 10 months. She eventually went back to get it again only to find out that they took it off the market. Of course they took it off the market, it worked too good and saved the customers too much money!
09-09-2015, 06:00 PMmichele11
Retin a? Retin A is a heavy exfoliant, It peels. It's kind of like getting a peel. It's suppose to make the skin produce more collagen. I tried a less strong version about 14 years ago and used it with MD forte to speed results. Regular retin A I couldn't wear foundation because my face was all peely. I've heard it a numbing agent is added to fillers it won't last as long? I think most the new ones have it. They're also calling old perlane, restalynne lift now. Lol. I think too if they go too deep or not deep enough it doesn't last? I love this thread;D
Damn it. I can't find it now but there's this oil peel that I looked at before and after and results were amazing. They can do it under the eye only and target areas?
09-09-2015, 06:25 PMGenoveve
I never peeled with my retin-A but I eased myself onto it very slowly, like applied it 2x a week for a while, then 3x a week for a while....until I got to where I was using it daily. I don't know if that's why I never peeled or if it's because .25 is minuscule.

Befores and afters would be fun. I'll do one for my lips the next time I get them done, I have no clue when that will be though. I made an appointment for a fraxel session and lip injections in July for early this month then they called me to move it further away. Fine. Then they called me again to move that appointment to a later time and by then it would be too close to the event I was trying to have it all done by so I told them to just cancel it. I'm kind of glad though because I had to do so much running around for my boobs that I'm glad to have one less thing to go to, plus after all our chatting about these 'two-day injectables' I am desperate to try a different place. I don't even feel like doing the fraxel now, I think I still need it but I'm just so over running around and being poked and prodded that I care a lot less.
09-09-2015, 07:01 PMmichele11
I know. I have an app on monday . I finally got in with the woman whose suppose to be the number 1 injector. I want to find a new place too. I get scared before a trip because what if I look like a freak. Lol. She does the eyes and I was thinking about doing it. I should of listened when the owner( who after they forced the cheek thing on me) said he didn't want me to come back. lol. He hit on me through text and wanted to come see me at work. I got my money back and he was really nice. my gf liked the other girl there( I sent her there). They're suppose to be the best place here. I wonder if they write all their own comments. I think Doug didn't want me back because his texts were inappropriate. I should of went some where else but i was leaving in 3 days and never would of got in anywhere. yeah. And how come places don't take pics anymore. I remember places always raking them before though?
09-10-2015, 03:09 PMGenoveve
My friend showed me an article about some new filler that is supposed to last for 5 years, she was like 'It's probably a scam too though.' I said "Who cares even if the 5 year one just lasts 8 months it's still a huge improvement over our 2-day filler," lol. I'm gonna make an appointment at the new place for October.
09-10-2015, 04:00 PMSnuffleUffleGrass
I'm excited about "alkaline water" aka charcoal water...It's supposed to be a new health craze. Some are selling it with the claim it can reduce cancer risk.....I don't think that would work for everyone, but the other health benefits are worth it.
09-10-2015, 05:21 PMGenoveve
Does it actually have charcoal in it? Is that safe? I ask because I know that activated charcoal is what you take to stop food poisoning because it stops your body from absorbing what you ate and if you were to ingest it regularly it would cause malnutrition. Is the 'activation' what makes the difference? If it does I'll totes try the charcoal water.
09-10-2015, 07:09 PMtuesdaymarie
Retinol helps increase your skin's collagen and hyaluronic acid, both of which contribute to "plumper" skin. So the retinol could definitely be what's behind that change. I'm really sensitive to tretinoin, so I've never gone to a higher percentage, but if you don't have adverse effects, I vote to up it. Just make sure you wear sunscreen since you'll become ever more sensitive to sun damage with an increased prescription.
09-10-2015, 10:10 PMOliveJardin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genoveve View Post
She also said that botox used to last for agesssss on her and now it's crap which is exactly what my other friend says.
^I've been finding this lately too, I thought it was just the fact that I'm aging though lol-glad it's not just me.
09-11-2015, 05:39 AMCashmere Star
I was going to get a boob job after the age of 25 but now that I think about it, maybe I should just get one next year and then just cut everyone out of my life

I am also going to see if I can be prescribed retinol and niacin. :)
09-14-2015, 07:13 PMCashmere Star
I finally learned how to put on fake eyelashes... and omg!!! I am eyelash crazy now.
09-15-2015, 05:58 PMGenoveve
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuesdaymarie View Post
Retinol helps increase your skin's collagen and hyaluronic acid, both of which contribute to "plumper" skin. So the retinol could definitely be what's behind that change. I'm really sensitive to tretinoin, so I've never gone to a higher percentage, but if you don't have adverse effects, I vote to up it. Just make sure you wear sunscreen since you'll become ever more sensitive to sun damage with an increased prescription.
Well I guess I'm upping it, I ordered some .50 off of Amazon. For some reason I was thinking you can only get retinol with a prescription or something? I was thinking it could only be bought directly from a cosmetic surgery center or esthetician but then I remembered girls on here saying that there's over-the-counter stuff that contain it. I hope that this stuff works good because I have no immediate plans to go back to where I got my original retinol from and it's far away.
09-15-2015, 07:15 PMtuesdaymarie
^It might be a higher percentage, but still a weaker product. This page helps explain the different products and how they compare: http://www.skinacea.com/retinoids/ty...l#.VR2zdOEpqwI
09-15-2015, 07:53 PMGenoveve
^^Wow that's fascinating. I'm currently using Skinmedica and the one I ordered last night is Skinceuticals, they're right next to each other in the retinol section so I'm guessing I'm not making a drastic change aside from the higher percentage. I also just found out that I can just get my current one online if I end up wanting to stick with that brand, I hope the Skinceuticals works out better though because it's cheaper.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:29 pm

09-19-2015, 08:03 PMGenoveve
Incredible non-surgical facial transformations:

Just makes me wonder how that wears off because filler doesn't all dissipate at the same time/rate, even when it's the same type of filler. With smaller areas that have just been tweaked I think it's so subtle you can't really tell just by looking, but when you're making such big masses of specifically shaped volume like that I'd be nervous that the uneven re-absorption would be very noticeable.

And I think his estimates are BS, 1-6k on the first and 2-8k on the second? The first was definitely nowhere near 1k and the second was definitely nowhere near 2k, they use fillers like Voluma and Sculptra for those kinds of areas and those fillers are closer to 1k a syringe and it takes a lot of syringes to make a noticeable difference, especially in areas like the cheeks where you have to do so much building. I had 1 syringe of Sculptra put in each cheek recently which was almost 2k and it was subtle, it looked nothing like lady #1's and she has way less cheeks to start with than I did.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:30 pm

1 capture
26 Jan 2023
DEC JAN FEB
2022 2023 2024

About this capture
Beauty Randoms Thread
Printable View

Beauty Randoms Thread

I know. I have an app on monday . I finally got in with the woman whose suppose to be the number 1 injector. I want to find a new place too. I get scared before a trip because what if I look like a freak. Lol. She does the eyes and I was thinking about doing it. I should of listened when the owner( who after they forced the cheek thing on me) said he didn't want me to come back. lol. He hit on me through text and wanted to come see me at work. I got my money back and he was really nice. my gf liked the other girl there( I sent her there). They're suppose to be the best place here. I wonder if they write all their own comments. I think Doug didn't want me back because his texts were inappropriate. I should of went some where else but i was leaving in 3 days and never would of got in anywhere. yeah. And how come places don't take pics anymore. I remember places always raking them before though?
My friend showed me an article about some new filler that is supposed to last for 5 years, she was like 'It's probably a scam too though.' I said "Who cares even if the 5 year one just lasts 8 months it's still a huge improvement over our 2-day filler," lol. I'm gonna make an appointment at the new place for October.
I'm excited about "alkaline water" aka charcoal water...It's supposed to be a new health craze. Some are selling it with the claim it can reduce cancer risk.....I don't think that would work for everyone, but the other health benefits are worth it.
Does it actually have charcoal in it? Is that safe? I ask because I know that activated charcoal is what you take to stop food poisoning because it stops your body from absorbing what you ate and if you were to ingest it regularly it would cause malnutrition. Is the 'activation' what makes the difference? If it does I'll totes try the charcoal water.
Quote:
She also said that botox used to last for agesssss on her and now it's crap which is exactly what my other friend says.
^I've been finding this lately too, I thought it was just the fact that I'm aging though lol-glad it's not just me.
I was going to get a boob job after the age of 25 but now that I think about it, maybe I should just get one next year and then just cut everyone out of my life

I finally learned how to put on fake eyelashes... and omg!!! I am eyelash crazy now.
Quote:
Well I guess I'm upping it, I ordered some .50 off of Amazon. For some reason I was thinking you can only get retinol with a prescription or something? I was thinking it could only be bought directly from a cosmetic surgery center or esthetician but then I remembered girls on here saying that there's over-the-counter stuff that contain it. I hope that this stuff works good because I have no immediate plans to go back to where I got my original retinol from and it's far away.
^It might be a higher percentage, but still a weaker product. This page helps explain the different products and how they compare: http://www.skinacea.com/retinoids/ty...l#.VR2zdOEpqwI
^^Wow that's fascinating. I'm currently using Skinmedica and the one I ordered last night is Skinceuticals, they're right next to each other in the retinol section so I'm guessing I'm not making a drastic change aside from the higher percentage. I also just found out that I can just get my current one online if I end up wanting to stick with that brand, I hope the Skinceuticals works out better though because it's cheaper.

Just makes me wonder how that wears off because filler doesn't all dissipate at the same time/rate, even when it's the same type of filler. With smaller areas that have just been tweaked I think it's so subtle you can't really tell just by looking, but when you're making such big masses of specifically shaped volume like that I'd be nervous that the uneven re-absorption would be very noticeable.

And I think his estimates are BS, 1-6k on the first and 2-8k on the second? The first was definitely nowhere near 1k and the second was definitely nowhere near 2k, they use fillers like Voluma and Sculptra for those kinds of areas and those fillers are closer to 1k a syringe and it takes a lot of syringes to make a noticeable difference, especially in areas like the cheeks where you have to do so much building. I had 1 syringe of Sculptra put in each cheek recently which was almost 2k and it was subtle, it looked nothing like lady #1's and she has way less cheeks to start with than I did.
09-22-2015, 05:54 PMcrystalize
fillers definitely don't last 6 months in my lips... i need 2 full syringes and my lips just 'eat' them up and then it goes away fast. TMI but the doctor said if you move that area a lot, it goes away faster. So I'm thinking I'm giving my boyfriend too much head. SHould have him start paying for them...
09-23-2015, 12:19 PMGenoveve
^^Mine is probably from eating too much then lol.

I got braces put on this summer that are supposed to expand my palate and I think that that officially began at yesterday's appointment because they put in a new wire and now for the first time the roof of my mouth feels sore. I'm excited because apparently it's going to change the look of my mouth from the outside too and the orthodontist told me my lips would look bigger and to not get lip injections..........but lol yeah right. I mean I'm sure they will look bigger but I bet it will be extremely subtle and I'm not into subtlety.

When my friend saw me for the first time in a while she said something about my lower face looked different in a good way but she couldn't pinpoint what it was, I don't see it but I also see myself all day every day. Maybe she was just noticing that my teeth are less crooked. I do notice lately that I have been photographing better but I think it's because the retinol's helped my marionette lines and tear troughs.
09-24-2015, 11:27 AMSnuffleUffleGrass
Beauty random- I put coconut oil in my hair yesterday & today it feels mysteriously grainy/stiff. I might try ironing my hair after I do this next time to see if it helps prevent that feeling...
09-24-2015, 01:51 PMGenoveve
^Did you lay in anything that the coconut oil in your hair might have absorbed?

I don't like coconut oil in my hair, the bottom half of my hair is like hay and coconut oil does nothing for it, unless I were to put a fuck ton on and then it would be an oil slick. I kept saying for forever that I was going to buy whatever they use on my hair in salons for my blowouts because they make my dry hair seem like silk and I finally did it, and that shit works.
09-24-2015, 04:43 PMcrystalize
Agree on the coconut oil. I heard you're not supposed to leave it on longer thAn 30 min

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:31 pm

1 capture
26 Jan 2023
DEC JAN FEB
2022 2023 2024

About this capture
Beauty Randoms Thread
Printable View

Beauty Randoms Thread

Quote:

Quote:

09-22-2015, 05:54 PMcrystalize
fillers definitely don't last 6 months in my lips... i need 2 full syringes and my lips just 'eat' them up and then it goes away fast. TMI but the doctor said if you move that area a lot, it goes away faster. So I'm thinking I'm giving my boyfriend too much head. SHould have him start paying for them...
09-23-2015, 12:19 PMGenoveve
^^Mine is probably from eating too much then lol.

I got braces put on this summer that are supposed to expand my palate and I think that that officially began at yesterday's appointment because they put in a new wire and now for the first time the roof of my mouth feels sore. I'm excited because apparently it's going to change the look of my mouth from the outside too and the orthodontist told me my lips would look bigger and to not get lip injections..........but lol yeah right. I mean I'm sure they will look bigger but I bet it will be extremely subtle and I'm not into subtlety.

When my friend saw me for the first time in a while she said something about my lower face looked different in a good way but she couldn't pinpoint what it was, I don't see it but I also see myself all day every day. Maybe she was just noticing that my teeth are less crooked. I do notice lately that I have been photographing better but I think it's because the retinol's helped my marionette lines and tear troughs.
09-24-2015, 11:27 AMSnuffleUffleGrass
Beauty random- I put coconut oil in my hair yesterday & today it feels mysteriously grainy/stiff. I might try ironing my hair after I do this next time to see if it helps prevent that feeling...
09-24-2015, 01:51 PMGenoveve
^Did you lay in anything that the coconut oil in your hair might have absorbed?

I don't like coconut oil in my hair, the bottom half of my hair is like hay and coconut oil does nothing for it, unless I were to put a fuck ton on and then it would be an oil slick. I kept saying for forever that I was going to buy whatever they use on my hair in salons for my blowouts because they make my dry hair seem like silk and I finally did it, and that shit works.
09-24-2015, 04:43 PMcrystalize
Agree on the coconut oil. I heard you're not supposed to leave it on longer thAn 30 min
10-06-2015, 10:31 AMGenoveve
I just had my lips reinjected for about the 500th time, I'm a little disappointed. I've had 5 different doctors over the last couple years do my lips and I always have this dip on the right side of my upper lip. I went back to my doctor once specifically to have that dip filled and he 'did it' and it did nothing. The dip was still there later that day. Yesterday I tried a new place where they give you a mirror and you can tell them exactly where you want each needle and again I pointed out the dip, she examined it and I watched her INJECT DIRECTLY INTO IT and it still didn't fill out!! It's hard to tell during the injecting because your lips temporarily swell up but within twenty minutes of leaving I could see that the dip remained. WTF. Since this has happened with 5 doctors I don't think I can blame them, I really think it's just something with how my lips are shaped, I do seem to remember that my natural upper lip was smaller on the right side, I think the asymmetry becomes more exaggerated as more filler is added and there seems to be no way to balance it out.

I really liked the place though and I have an extra unopened syringe there so I'm going back in about a month to have it shoved in and to get a laser for my acne scars.

Oh and I need some fucking pants. I have a zillion cute tops and next to no nice bottoms. I hate jeans(the discomfort not the look) and I'm not into the current styles for sweatpants so that leaves me with leggings, which I love but it's hard to find nice ones.
10-07-2015, 10:54 AMVyanka
If you want your hair to grow fuller, cut it on the 27th esp if the full moon is on it. Witchy/pagan stuff my bff swears by. I think she may be right.
10-07-2015, 11:06 AMVyanka
My hair salon's products are awesome! My hair got its life back. It was shedding and thinning a lot, and I sware the pills they sell have made a huge impact. The shedding stopped and my hair looks full. I've also been drinking "Watchers Sea Klenz with Phytoenzymes" before bed, to clear my system. It has also helped maintain my scalp clear from the issues I was having. I'm also taking one "Betain Hydrochloride" a day to help me absorb my nutrients. This was recommended to me by a holistic doctor.

It was also so damaged that I couldn't brush through it dry. I bought their "long and strong detangeler" before heat styling on damp hair and my hair looks perfect after heat styling. I also bought the volumizing shampoo, conditioner, and mousse. I love their paddle brush too.

No, I don't work for this salon. Lol. Just sharing how awesome my hair is with these products... http://www.angelodavid.com/store/

ETA -
I also got my hair extensions done there. The tape ins. They were awesome too. No damage was done to my hair. I took them off bc I took forever washing my hair and stupid customers love running their hands through my hair. So, I just got a blunt hair cut which now looks full again. All good. I don't want the hair extension maintenance or expense. It was only to patch my lack of hair before, which I don't have that problem now.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:32 pm

LoveyD
^^^ thank you, I will do the same thing. I'm trying not to brush my hair while it's wet. Was just looking for an oil for my length and ends, trying to keep them in good shape as I grow my hair out.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:33 pm

12-01-2022, 08:45 AMDreamqueen
https://images.app.goo.gl/eZ3KUCCaChQTb34c6

This ointment is amazing.
The skin on the top of my hands gets so dry during
the desert winters, that it bleeds.
I got a sample size of this last week in my Wal-Mart goody bag.
It worked almost instantly!
I have beautiful skin, so having this problem pop up was frustrating.