Beauty Randoms Thread

What's hot in the world of stripper fashion? Where'd you get it? Let's talk about it!

Moderator: Genoveve

VVVV
Hustler
Reactions:

Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:26 am

i did cheek lift and was the best thing ever. just to give me a glow up. i m thinking to do my nose maybe filler first then surgery. in 2 weeks under eyes. and prp face.
the issue are the bruise lol... if you get them they look awful.

AvaJade
Reactions:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:59 am

^Cheek lift as in a mid-face lift? Surgically or something else?
Last edited by AvaJade on Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Genoveve
Hustler
Reactions:

Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:30 pm

aurelia wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:40 am2.) I'm on Operation No Heat for my hair. Unfortunately I haven't found a way that will cause it to air-dry nicely, but since my hair is wavy I have found that dampening my hair, dividing it into three sections and wrapping the ends around foam rollers will result in looking decent-looking waves once it dries.
Well so much for that method; it only looked nice the first time I did it, each time since the curls are too tight. I think getting bigger foam rollers will do the trick. I bought one of those robe tie kits a few weeks ago and I haven't used it yet so I'm gonna try it tonight and if it doesn't work out I'll order bigger foam rollers.

I wish I could just put my damp hair in one long loose wave because I like the waves that that results in, but I am unable to do a braid behind my head and when i do two side braids the wave pattern does not come out right since my hair isn't thick enough. :cry:

aka Genoveve
AvaJade
Reactions:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:20 pm

I have been trying to wean off keratin treatments for a few months, but think I'm about to give in and get one.

I'm just too low-maintenance to deal with spending ages almost daily on getting my curly hair to look decent.
I think if I didn't do much exercise It'd be doable, but I do heavy sweaty exercise at least 3 or 4 days a week, sometimes right before I have to go to work, and I really can't be bothered with all this extra hassle.

Gonna sleep on it and then probably book tomorrow - I can hardly wait, LOL.

Genoveve
Hustler
Reactions:

Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:31 pm

^^^I think it's worth it in that case tbh.

aka Genoveve
AvaJade
Reactions:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:15 am

I decided to wait it out and try to grow some more of the damaged hair out and only then maybe get keratin again, on fresh undamaged hair. Actually the last several times I've done it it looks too flat - after years of repeating the treatment on the same hair, it's fried.

No matter what the marketing says, I'm under no illusions about those treatments helping your hair get more healthy, it's purely superficially aesthetic in my case. I can take blowdries but anything involving extreme heat such as the irons needed to cook keratin into my hair really just destroys it, probably as my hair is fine.

Recently I've been doing Olaplex at home - 0 & 3, plus 4 & 5. I noticed today my hair is taking longer to air dry which tells me the porosity must have decreased. Hopefully if I continue the treatments and stick out this awkward phase I'll be able to have less frizzy, healthy hair again.

Genoveve
Hustler
Reactions:

Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:20 pm

AvaJade wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:15 amNo matter what the marketing says, I'm under no illusions about those treatments helping your hair get more healthy, it's purely superficially aesthetic in my case. I can take blowdries but anything involving extreme heat such as the irons needed to cook keratin into my hair really just destroys it, probably as my hair is fine.

100%. It just makes it look and feel healthier. I wonder over time, if with the treatments you don’t have to use any heat on your hair, if the damage from the keratin treatments would be less or more than the damage you’d get from using heat regularly?

So I used my robe tie kit twice and I’m not a big fan. Because my hair thins out at the bottom there’s some technique needed to wrap the hair in a way that will result in curls/waves that are even all the way down and it’s not one that I feel like trying to master. Plus it can get messed up as I move around while I sleep. Just gonna have to get the bigger foam rollers.

Appropriately I’m typing this as I sit under the dryer at the hair salon.

aka Genoveve
AvaJade
Reactions:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:56 pm

aurelia wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:20 pm
AvaJade wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:15 amNo matter what the marketing says, I'm under no illusions about those treatments helping your hair get more healthy, it's purely superficially aesthetic in my case. I can take blowdries but anything involving extreme heat such as the irons needed to cook keratin into my hair really just destroys it, probably as my hair is fine.

100%. It just makes it look and feel healthier. I wonder over time, if with the treatments you don’t have to use any heat on your hair, if the damage from the keratin treatments would be less or more than the damage you’d get from using heat regularly?
I'm convinced it's more damaging having the treatments (for my hair anyway) over the years. Its strong chemicals being cooked into the hair with very high heat to break the
hair bonds. Otherwise I don't use straightening irons ever, only a blowdryer. With fine hair it doesn't take too long to blowdry and I also often let it airdry too..

Genoveve
Hustler
Reactions:

Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:43 pm

^^Mine is fine too. I love having my hair straightened at the salon because it’s the one style I can’t do on my own, but it sure is depressing feeling how thin my ponytail actually is once it’s straightened. :cry:

aka Genoveve
AvaJade
Reactions:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:19 pm

I finally found a hairdresser with some common sense and intuition! Just got back from a trim to reshape my curls and also had a consultation to discuss keratin treatments.

It's refreshing to have found someone who understands that due to the varying curl textures throughout my hair, the treatment needs to be applied in different strengths in different areas.
He also said that usually it's only the regrowth that needs doing, not the entire length (as other salons insist on). This should help prevent the damage I've experienced.

He cut my hair really nicely too and isn't overpriced. Very impressed.