Cammodel Technology 2023

This is a forum for general topics about the cammodel industry. Open to all members.
Esixxx
Hustler
Reactions:

Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:06 am

CarmenRose wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:14 pm @Esixxx I am stumped on how to use this color card. I watched several Youtube videos but none of them explained how to use it with a webcam. Would you mind telling me what you do with it? Thank you in advance!
I basically use it as a reference checker. The lighting in my cam room sucks even with all the lights that I currently have.
(Disclaimer I am no expert- I just tinker until I get things to look how I want them to.) When it comes to color preferences I think that is matter of personal taste as well.

The color card came with two identical cards.

I set one down in front of me to look at and use the other one to hold up to the camera.
I use the controls on the remote to open up the settings.
One of the first things that I did and I am not sure if made a difference is to use "Calibration Mode" in the "Color" Menu.
I took a white sheet of paper, held it up to the camera, then pressed "Home" to let it do it's thing.

So far the setting that the mode that I found the easiest to get my colors to where I like them is "Auto." I need a lot more patience and time to tinker with these other modes.

The first setting that I adjust is "Hue" because that is the most obvious. Then with the color card I adjust the red, blue, and saturation to match the colors as much as possible.

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:01 am

Esixxx wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:06 am
CarmenRose wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:14 pm @Esixxx I am stumped on how to use this color card. I watched several Youtube videos but none of them explained how to use it with a webcam. Would you mind telling me what you do with it? Thank you in advance!
I basically use it as a reference checker. The lighting in my cam room sucks even with all the lights that I currently have.
(Disclaimer I am no expert- I just tinker until I get things to look how I want them to.) When it comes to color preferences I think that is matter of personal taste as well.

The color card came with two identical cards.

I set one down in front of me to look at and use the other one to hold up to the camera.
I use the controls on the remote to open up the settings.
One of the first things that I did and I am not sure if made a difference is to use "Calibration Mode" in the "Color" Menu.
I took a white sheet of paper, held it up to the camera, then pressed "Home" to let it do it's thing.

So far the setting that the mode that I found the easiest to get my colors to where I like them is "Auto." I need a lot more patience and time to tinker with these other modes.

The first setting that I adjust is "Hue" because that is the most obvious. Then with the color card I adjust the red, blue, and saturation to match the colors as much as possible.
Wow, Thank you!!! It is so generous and helpful of you to share all of that. I haven't tried yet but it sounds easier than I thought it would be. You are a brilliant tech wizard🤩.

I also have two cards. I tried holding them both up to the camera. That was not easy :lol: .

My lighting sucks too. Sometimes it's perfect but the next day it sucks again.

I will try it tomorrow and let you know how it goes. I'm pretty excited about it.

Oh and guess what? I figured out the Lovense Video Feedback on OBS🤩.

Edit: I have not had a chance to try the cards yet. I haven't been streaming but I will tomorrow. I'm thinking about making everything Cobalt blue.

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:07 am

@Esixxx First I want to say that your lighting does not suck in the slightest. Tinkering with the other settings is kind of fun. There are some helpful Youtube videos on Dynamic range and stuff like that.

I'm still working with the cards. I figure they can be used as placemats if nothing else. :D

Esixxx
Hustler
Reactions:

Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:24 am

CarmenRose wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:07 am @Esixxx First I want to say that your lighting does not suck in the slightest. Tinkering with the other settings is kind of fun. There are some helpful Youtube videos on Dynamic range and stuff like that.

I'm still working with the cards. I figure they can be used as placemats if nothing else. :D
Thank you!

It is a good feeling to learn new stuff and implement it. I looked at quickie video on dynamic range. I'll have to learn more about it.

Reccently I figured out by making mistakes about the focus range on the Iris. I need to do some test shots to see what the actual range. It's good for us to challenge ourselves and learn new stuff😎

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:04 am

@Esixxx I have been playing around the the IRIS settings. I'm trying to decide if the HDMI cord helps or not. I can't tell much difference whether it's plugged in or not. I saw a guy on Youtube say he couldn't tell much difference either. My eyesight is not the greatest so I'm curious what you think.

Esixxx
Hustler
Reactions:

Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:33 am

CarmenRose wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:04 am @Esixxx I have been playing around the the IRIS settings. I'm trying to decide if the HDMI cord helps or not. I can't tell much difference whether it's plugged in or not. I saw a guy on Youtube say he couldn't tell much difference either. My eyesight is not the greatest so I'm curious what you think.
I have actually been testing out the same thing recently. Last week I ran it just with the USB 3.0 connection and it seems fine. I am streaming 1080 p -so far I dont think it makes a difference.

I think it does when recording- I am going to experiment with that soon. I like to record in 4k, but I render in 1080p

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:12 am

Esixxx wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:33 am I have actually been testing out the same thing recently. Last week I ran it just with the USB 3.0 connection and it seems fine. I am streaming 1080 p -so far I dont think it makes a difference.

I think it does when recording- I am going to experiment with that soon. I like to record in 4k, but I render in 1080p
Recording in 4K and rendering 1080 sounds perfect. I will try that. Thanks for the idea!

I think I finally got my settings right. Changing ISO and shutter speed made a big difference. Only turning up brightness in the image menu without changing other things can make it look over exposed. I took screenshots of all the new settings in case they are lost.

Oh yeah and one of my lights burned out. That turned out to be a good thing. :D

Esixxx
Hustler
Reactions:

Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:03 am

That's a great idea!
I ended up using the Manual Exposure Settings as well. It does make a difference- I noticed that when I was editing the livestreams- the bit rate was trash on some of the recordings.

I should note why I record in 4K is because some of my clips I like to "zoom in" or fake camera motions- I think this helps the quality.

wonderland1
Hustler
Reactions:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:03 am

Hi ya'll- update on my Nexigo N970P. I don't think this is The One for me. I have tried to give it a chance the past few weeks and just cannot get the color right even after calling tech support, firmware update, changing my lights, and attempting to be patient with it. It is quite bulky and heavy and does not want to sit on my monitor very well, either . The Zoom feature is nice but it really loses resolution while zooming (I realize all the Zoom ones will do that). I keep trying to like it but I just don't feel like I look that good on it and it makes me look older and self-conscious, lol. I check myself on 3 other devices and I just don't care for it, sadly. But, it is highly possible that I am just not tech-savvy enough to get the most out of it with the settings, however! So, anyone considering it, please do not let my experience scare you off. The Tech Support is just 1 nice lady in Oregon, so expect to be put on hold for a while to get through but she is very kind, helpful, and patient, thankfully. Even after her help, I still could not get color right and for some reason when I stand up, my legs are very dark compared to my upper body even after playing with settings and different lighting. It's kind of hard to explain that part. I also notice when I move far from cam to up close to cam the colors change pretty dramatically. I even sent it back to Amazon for an exchange thinking it was possibly defective and had all the same issues on the new one.

So, I am going to return it and try another one. I want to try the OBSBOT Tiny 2 AI-Powered PTZ 4K Webcam. I hope I am not biting off more than I can handle with this one but after watching videos about it, it has some features that I might enjoy. I will ask @EtherealMOD to list in her Cam Store and let you all know what I think of it after a few weeks of trying it. Has anyone used this camera before and what are your thoughts?

@Esixxx When I was reading about the color cards you mentioned, I wasn't sure what you meant but after seeing a guy use them in a YT video, I am sold on getting those, also. I will also ask to link color cards that I am looking at in Cam Store thread, if possible. Thanks for your help, I am slooowly learning.

Esixxx
Hustler
Reactions:

Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:14 am

wonderland1 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:03 am Hi ya'll- update on my Nexigo N970P. I don't think this is The One for me. I have tried to give it a chance the past few weeks and just cannot get the color right even after calling tech support, firmware update, changing my lights, and attempting to be patient with it. It is quite bulky and heavy and does not want to sit on my monitor very well, either . The Zoom feature is nice but it really loses resolution while zooming (I realize all the Zoom ones will do that). I keep trying to like it but I just don't feel like I look that good on it and it makes me look older and self-conscious, lol. I check myself on 3 other devices and I just don't care for it, sadly. But, it is highly possible that I am just not tech-savvy enough to get the most out of it with the settings, however! So, anyone considering it, please do not let my experience scare you off. The Tech Support is just 1 nice lady in Oregon, so expect to be put on hold for a while to get through but she is very kind, helpful, and patient, thankfully. Even after her help, I still could not get color right and for some reason when I stand up, my legs are very dark compared to my upper body even after playing with settings and different lighting. It's kind of hard to explain that part. I also notice when I move far from cam to up close to cam the colors change pretty dramatically. I even sent it back to Amazon for an exchange thinking it was possibly defective and had all the same issues on the new one.

So, I am going to return it and try another one. I want to try the OBSBOT Tiny 2 AI-Powered PTZ 4K Webcam. I hope I am not biting off more than I can handle with this one but after watching videos about it, it has some features that I might enjoy. I will ask @EtherealMOD to list in her Cam Store and let you all know what I think of it after a few weeks of trying it. Has anyone used this camera before and what are your thoughts?

@Esixxx When I was reading about the color cards you mentioned, I wasn't sure what you meant but after seeing a guy use them in a YT video, I am sold on getting those, also. I will also ask to link color cards that I am looking at in Cam Store thread, if possible. Thanks for your help, I am slooowly learning.
If that camera is similiar to the Iris - the settings are tricky. I will admit that the image is not as sharp as other cameras. The one thing that I have noticed with the Iris is that because it is fixed focus (I don't know if the 970P is the same way. So the closer you are to the camera the better when you use the zoom.

I don't have an exact measurement just yet of how close you need to be. I do like it the ease of use for streaming.

I find that the color cards help to get the right color settings - I use the color cards as a reference tool. I am not using them in the way that you are supposed to use them.

I do like Nexigo's support- and I hope they get that lady more help :)