Cammodel Technology 2023

This is a forum for general topics about the cammodel industry. Open to all members.
CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:01 am

wonderland1 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:32 pm I got my Nexigo 970P today. I was using a Brio the past 2 years- zero problems except no zoom. This Nexigo is a lot larger than I expected. I have a few questions if you all don't mind? (I re-read this thread prior to asking, lol)

1) I'm definitely going to need to tweak some settings so, like someone mentioned in this thread, I need strong coffee, as tech stuff makes me nervous and confused- The video quality factory default is set at 1080p 16.9 30fps. What did you all change it to for the best streaming on SM?

2) Are you all placing this big cam on top of your monitors or do you use a tripod or extension arm?

3) I have no idea of the mic quality yet but am considering snatching up a new mic before Prime is over tonight. Is the Yeti still a good one for a beginner?

4) I tried the zoom feature and love it! No more close up crotch shots with Brio in one hand, and toy in the other, LOL

5) As far as a new monitor goes, I am still researching that. I don't think I'll go with a Smart Tv, hmm, just not sure...

(Side note- I bought a Elgato Key Light Air on sale at Best Buy- not sure I dig it??? Feedback? I may go back to my old 20 dollar ring light but was trying something different to avoid headaches after long stream sessions)

I'm sure I'll have more questions, thanks for your help everyone!
Congrats on your new cam! I feel you on the tech stuff anxiety.

I have the Iris. I can't mount mine on the monitor because of how my monitor is shaped. It would fall right off of the laptop screen. I use a tripod for now but I want to get an articulating arm eventually.

I have been eyeing the Nexigo PTZ. I have to tell myself no🚫.

I have used the Yeti mic for years. I recently dropped it on my toe twice within a week. Be careful when moving stuff around near it.

I have been using 1440/30 on SM lately but 1080/30fps works great too.

I had the Elgato Key Light awhile back and ended up returning it. It could be that it didn't perform well with my other lights.

The zoom with remote is a camgirls dream :lol:

It takes time to figure it all out but you will get there.

Good luck!

Esixxx
Hustler
Reactions:

Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:47 am

@CarmenRose Are you connecting your Iris with a capture card?

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:29 am

Esixxx wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:47 am @CarmenRose Are you connecting your Iris with a capture card?
I was but not anymore. In my case it looks better without it. I'm using an HDMI cable connected to the external monitor. The power cord is connected to a USB 3.0. I like it better than the type C.

After much experimentation I found that this works the best for my Iris.

How is yours connected?

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:54 am

ggminx wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:00 am @CarmenRose YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! omg! I love it!

filter 1: splitcam: blur background, top bar 1, bottom bar 4
filter 2: snap camera filter name is eyeliner3 if you want to give it a whirl
filter 3: obs: on top: image mask/blend, in middle: color correction, on bottom: background removal on blur 1

cpu gobbling stats:
gopro webcam hovers at 1.5-3.5%
obs at 8-12%
splitcam at 2-12%

eta: oops! forgot snapcam at 8-12%
I'm going to freaking try this! I'm kind of enjoying these little tech challenges. It might take awhile but that's okay. It's pretty exciting when it all falls into place.

I have never split cammed but gonna try to learn that too. :lol: :lol:

Esixxx
Hustler
Reactions:

Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:23 pm

CarmenRose wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:29 am
Esixxx wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:47 am @CarmenRose Are you connecting your Iris with a capture card?
I was but not anymore. In my case it looks better without it. I'm using an HDMI cable connected to the external monitor. The power cord is connected to a USB 3.0. I like it better than the type C.

After much experimentation I found that this works the best for my Iris.

How is yours connected?
Thank you!

I’m connected with HDMI and usb 3.0. I was curious if using a capture card would make a difference in quality

wonderland1
Hustler
Reactions:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:39 pm

CarmenRose wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:01 am
wonderland1 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:32 pm I got my Nexigo 970P today. I was using a Brio the past 2 years- zero problems except no zoom. This Nexigo is a lot larger than I expected. I have a few questions if you all don't mind? (I re-read this thread prior to asking, lol)

1) I'm definitely going to need to tweak some settings so, like someone mentioned in this thread, I need strong coffee, as tech stuff makes me nervous and confused- The video quality factory default is set at 1080p 16.9 30fps. What did you all change it to for the best streaming on SM?

2) Are you all placing this big cam on top of your monitors or do you use a tripod or extension arm?

3) I have no idea of the mic quality yet but am considering snatching up a new mic before Prime is over tonight. Is the Yeti still a good one for a beginner?

4) I tried the zoom feature and love it! No more close up crotch shots with Brio in one hand, and toy in the other, LOL

5) As far as a new monitor goes, I am still researching that. I don't think I'll go with a Smart Tv, hmm, just not sure...

(Side note- I bought a Elgato Key Light Air on sale at Best Buy- not sure I dig it??? Feedback? I may go back to my old 20 dollar ring light but was trying something different to avoid headaches after long stream sessions)

I'm sure I'll have more questions, thanks for your help everyone!
Congrats on your new cam! I feel you on the tech stuff anxiety.

I have the Iris. I can't mount mine on the monitor because of how my monitor is shaped. It would fall right off of the laptop screen. I use a tripod for now but I want to get an articulating arm eventually.

I have been eyeing the Nexigo PTZ. I have to tell myself no🚫.

I have used the Yeti mic for years. I recently dropped it on my toe twice within a week. Be careful when moving stuff around near it.

I have been using 1440/30 on SM lately but 1080/30fps works great too.

I had the Elgato Key Light awhile back and ended up returning it. It could be that it didn't perform well with my other lights.

The zoom with remote is a camgirls dream :lol:

It takes time to figure it all out but you will get there.

Good luck!
Thanks @CarmenRose I love the Zoom but not so sure about the NexiGo N970P, just yet. I still love my Brio more, if it had Zoom, it would be perfect. I am still working on settings for NexiGo but may return if I cant get the lighting and picture quality right.

I will look at reviews for Nexigo PTZ. I am kinda maxxed out on YouTube product reviews right now, haha

I returned the ElGato Key light, too. I will look at monitors and mics after I get the camera thing figured out because my old brain can only handle 1 change at a time, lol. Thanks again.

Esixxx
Hustler
Reactions:

Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:32 am

@wonderland1 I am not sure if the settings controls for N970p are similiar to the Iris. I am assuming that they are. It does take a little bit of time to get the hang of it because we have alot more options available to us.
One thing that helped me to get me colors right was picking up a color card and then as far as the exposure settings I tinkered with it until I found what I liked.

I do like how easy it is to use and Nexigo is great. I do love the output of the Brio's image, but....I burn through those cameras so fast, support is useless and the software is janky.

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:02 am

@Esixxx Good idea on the color card. Thank you! I just ordered the one from the store here.

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:55 pm

@wonderland1 I feel you on the changes. Learning new things can be fun but also overwhelming when it's too much.

Have you tried Logicapture or Logitune to zoom with your Brio? It does use a lot of resources. Like @Esixxx said, Logitech software is janky. I don't know why they don't address those issues, especially now that they have such stiff competition.

I used to use Logicapture with my C922. It worked okay in 720p but 1080 bogged it down.

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:14 pm

@Esixxx I am stumped on how to use this color card. I watched several Youtube videos but none of them explained how to use it with a webcam. Would you mind telling me what you do with it? Thank you in advance!