Cammodel Technology 2023

This is a forum for general topics about the cammodel industry. Open to all members.
EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Fri May 12, 2023 9:19 am

Cammodel Technology 2023

For previous conversations regarding Cammodel technology see our Stripperweb archives

viewtopic.php?t=185&hilit=Technology

Specific information about microphones check out this thread

viewtopic.php?t=331

Cammodel Lighting

viewtopic.php?t=239

Use those links if you need quick info on specific topics, but this thread can be used for all things related to Cammodel Technology.

Laptops, desktops, webcams, DSLR Cameras for live streaming, proper lighting, graphic cards, microphones ....you get the picture. 😊

wonderland1
Hustler
Reactions:
Fri May 12, 2023 2:22 pm

Thanks for updated thread. Can anyone give feedback on new webcams that have the remote and zoom in and out feature? I know there are many and I have watched YT videos on some but I'm looking for a quality one that is not "choppy" while zooming in and out. And from a cam models perspective not a tech guy on YT. Also, as user friendly and plug n play, if possible? Non-techy here. Thanks.

(To add, I have always used a Brio which I am very satisfied with and have tried extension arms but just cant seem to make that work quite right for me. Mine is still sits on top of my monitor-kind of a pain, in that respect)

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Fri May 12, 2023 3:02 pm

wonderland1 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:22 pm Thanks for updated thread. Can anyone give feedback on new webcams that have the remote and zoom in and out feature? I know there are many and I have watched YT videos on some but I'm looking for a quality one that is not "choppy" while zooming in and out. And from a cam models perspective not a tech guy on YT. Also, as user friendly and plug n play, if possible? Non-techy here. Thanks.

(To add, I have always used a Brio which I am very satisfied with and have tried extension arms but just cant seem to make that work quite right for me. Mine is still sits on top of my monitor-kind of a pain, in that respect)
I got the Nexigo n970p yesterday and it's pretty amazing. I'm gonna test it out a bit more and then create a full review. The plan is to keep it for a few days and then exchange it for the Nexigo Iris. So far the biggest difference is the n970p doesn't have PIP (picture in picture), but the Iris does. Unless you absolutely need the PIP feature then you might think about saving some coin and just go for the n970p.

You can adjust the color settings without software and it automatically saves those settings. Even when I unplugged the webcam from one computer and plugged it into another the color settings were still in tact. Another cool feature are the profile settings that come in handy for different lighting set ups. I can create one profile for day time and natural light and then another for night time.

I believe you can even create presets for zooming? I will play with that in a little bit. I know it's possible with the Iris. This means instead of using the remote to get to a certain position, you can select a number on the remote and the ai immediately zooms in and pans to that position. That is amazing.

wonderland1
Hustler
Reactions:
Fri May 12, 2023 3:49 pm

Ooh, thanks for the feedback. I will look that one up and look forward to hearing more of your review Thanks so much. (I do not think I would need picture in a picture? What could I use that for while camming?) thanks again.

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Sat May 13, 2023 11:55 am

@EtherealMOD Congratulations on your new camera! It will be intersting to find out what you think. I think the different light settings are nice too.

I was just reading about the presets. It looks like a cool feature but I haven't figured it out yet.

@wonderland1 Picture in picture's small frame focuses on your face.

There are many posts about this this in Marina's "What's on your mind" thread. Is there any way those posts could be moved here?

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Sat May 13, 2023 4:38 pm

Here's the Convo for the Nexigo Iris
CarmenRose wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 11:37 am
KortneyKay wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:58 am
CarmenRose wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:18 pm Hi bb's! I have been trying to post but it wouldn't let me. Maybe because it was quick reply.

I wanted to share my experience with the Nexigo Iris. I bought a capture card and it made the quality worse for some reason. It could be my equipment or I maybe I did something wrong. Anyway, I'm back to plug and play and I like it a lot.

Love the second monitor. It's nice to be able to read chat when you are turned around. We do not have heads that turn 360 degrees, no matter what some may think. :roll:
How is it compared to a DSLR with the blurred background settings? Have clients comment on how crisp and clear you are now? Have you noticed a difference in your earnings since using it? How's zoom for the remote and did you loose any quality while zoomed in? TIA!
It doesn't have a blurred background setting. I don't know how it compares in other ways to a DSLR. I have never had one.

Clients have commented on how crisp and clear my stream is. They love the picture in picture. For some reason that feature doesn't always work. It might be something about the settings. I'm still experimenting.

Zoom is very smooth with the remote. There is some quality loss but not neary as much as Logitech.

I have not streamed enough to notice a difference in earnings yet but I wil report back.

One more thing. "Facial enhancement" does not enhance my face. I look way better without it. lol

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Sat May 13, 2023 4:39 pm

More about the Nexigo Iris
Esixxx wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:20 pm

How is it compared to a DSLR with the blurred background settings? Have clients comment on how crisp and clear you are now? Have you noticed a difference in your earnings since using it? How's zoom for the remote and did you loose any quality while zoomed in? TIA!
It doesn't have a blurred background setting. I don't know how it compares in other ways to a DSLR. I have never had one.

Clients have commented on how crisp and clear my stream is. They love the picture in picture. For some reason that feature doesn't always work. It might be something about the settings. I'm still experimenting.

Zoom is very smooth with the remote. There is some quality loss but not neary as much as Logitech.

I have not streamed enough to notice a difference in earnings yet but I wil report back.

One more thing. "Facial enhancement" does not enhance my face. I look way better without it. lol
The Youtube Review videos I have watched have said if you have good lighting that Facial enhancement won't make a difference- that it could make it look worse.

Your lighting looks good.

Have you tried it with SM and how does it do?

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Sat May 13, 2023 4:49 pm

So far none of the Nexigo webcams have the ability to blur out your background. Not even digitally, which I does surprise me somewhat. If you're looking for a blurred background aka true bokeh effects this will depend on your lense and aperture settings.

The sigma 16mm 1.4 lens is probably the most popular lens used for streaming. You can get a lense for some Canons and Sony models.

https://amzn.to/44VKWsZ
KortneyKay wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:34 pm

Thanks for your detailed reply. I don't know where I got the notion that it included a blurred background option? I found some dupes on ailexpress since it's more affordable for me to order straight from China vs Amazon. I wouldn't mind it as a back up but right now I really like my DSLR set up and will probably just get a capture card to make my battery drain less.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Sat May 13, 2023 5:32 pm

Okay I'm back to talk more about the Nexigo n970p now that I've used it for a few days. First off I still believe that this is a great camera especially if you're looking to upgrade from anything from Logitech. The quality and the amount of access that the user is given is out of this world. I've never seen a webcam that will allow you to completely tweak your image quality like Nexigo does. That and plus it coming with a remote destroys the brio.

With that said if you're used to DSLR Cameras, the Nexigo n970p is a downgrade imo. If you like your bokeh effects and shallow depth of field it's not gonna happen with this one. You would be better off going for the Nexigo Iris although that one still doesn't have a blurred background. My issue with the n970p is that since the Iris was released Nexigo dialed back the features. Before I ordered it I watched several YT videos and thought I had a handle on how it would work before it got here. I was wrong.

When the n970p arrived the remote was completely different from the one from the YT reviews. My remote was much simpler than the og remote. I thought it was gonna look something like this Samsung.

The problem is that all those wonderful preset options are no longer available because there's only 3 buttons!!! I messaged two YouTubers to ask about the remote change and one just got back to me. He says that sooo many people have complained to him about it that he's thought about removing the video. It's not his fault because it's not his company. Not his choice but still frustrating. He offered to send me the remote that he has as he doesn't use the webcam anymore. I'm tempted but it's not that serious as I already planned on returning it.

The actual Nexigo website does sale the remote separately but I would need confirmation on which one would arrive at my house? The website shows the og remote and not scaled down model I received.

One other gripe that I have with the n970p is how the pan/tilt feature doesn't work until you zoom in a bit. When it's zoomed all the way out pan/tilt doesn't work at all. That's so odd.

EtherealMOD wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 3:02 pm
wonderland1 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:22 pm Thanks for updated thread. Can anyone give feedback on new webcams that have the remote and zoom in and out feature? I know there are many and I have watched YT videos on some but I'm looking for a quality one that is not "choppy" while zooming in and out. And from a cam models perspective not a tech guy on YT. Also, as user friendly and plug n play, if possible? Non-techy here. Thanks.

I got the Nexigo n970p yesterday and it's pretty amazing. I'm gonna test it out a bit more and then create a full review. The plan is to keep it for a few days and then exchange it for the Nexigo Iris. So far the biggest difference is the n970p doesn't have PIP (picture in picture), but the Iris does. Unless you absolutely need the PIP feature then you might think about saving some coin and just go for the n970p.

You can adjust the color settings without software and it automatically saves those settings. Even when I unplugged the webcam from one computer and plugged it into another the color settings were still in tact. Another cool feature are the profile settings that come in handy for different lighting set ups. I can create one profile for day time and natural light and then another for night time.

I believe you can even create presets for zooming? I will play with that in a little bit. I know it's possible with the Iris. This means instead of using the remote to get to a certain position, you can select a number on the remote and the ai immediately zooms in and pans to that position. That is amazing.

KortneyKay
Hustler
Reactions:

Sat May 13, 2023 6:59 pm

EtherealMOD wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 4:49 pm So far none of the Nexigo webcams have the ability to blur out your background. Not even digitally, which I does surprise me somewhat. If you're looking for a blurred background aka true bokeh effects this will depend on your lense and aperture settings.

The sigma 16mm 1.4 lens is probably the most popular lens used for streaming. You can get a lense for some Canons and Sony models.

https://amzn.to/44VKWsZ
KortneyKay wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:34 pm

Thanks for your detailed reply. I don't know where I got the notion that it included a blurred background option? I found some dupes on ailexpress since it's more affordable for me to order straight from China vs Amazon. I wouldn't mind it as a back up but right now I really like my DSLR set up and will probably just get a capture card to make my battery drain less.
I have this so I'm good on lenses. This gives me the best blur and zoom. I just thought the DSLR to Nexigo had similar features and I was going to swap them out. Image

I for some reason misread the Nexigo as having the option to blur the background. I think it may have been from a side by side comparison view and they were recording with their DSLR vs the actual webcam? I really like the blurred background as it makes me pop out even more and my tea lights and lighting look amazing. I know skype also has this option in their interactive background but it's not perfect.