Cammodel Technology 2023

This is a forum for general topics about the cammodel industry. Open to all members.
wonderland1
Hustler
Reactions:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:20 am

Hi Esixxx, yes the Nexigo N970P I ordered is 1 step down from the Iris. The setting menu looked like it could be easy but they weren't for me, I just couldn't get things to look right. I forgot to add that tech support told me not to use the downloadable Nexigo software for it, but instead, use the menu from the remote for the settings because that way the camera will save your settings no matter what device you use or if you unplug it, etc...... And yes, that poor lady does need more help, lol.

@Esixxx Is this similar to what you are talking about?

Esixxx
Hustler
Reactions:

Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:36 am

wonderland1 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:20 am Hi Esixxx, yes the Nexigo N970P I ordered is 1 step down from the Iris. The setting menu looked like it could be easy but they weren't for me, I just couldn't get things to look right. I forgot to add that tech support told me not to use the downloadable Nexigo software for it, but instead, use the menu from the remote for the settings because that way the camera will save your settings no matter what device you use or if you unplug it, etc...... And yes, that poor lady does need more help, lol.

@Esixxx Is this similar to what you are talking about?

It's similiar to what I have. This is the one I have

Its on the storefront under Computer and Camera Accessories

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:38 pm

I agree. Fixed focus is not the best for people who move around a lot like we do. I returned the Elgato facecam for the same reason. The Iris does allow you to be further away than the facecam. I'm guessing because of the wide angle lens.

Sometimes I do semi side views instead of straight on. That allows you to be closer to the cam.

@wonderland1 The OBSBOT looks really nice. I hope it works out for you. I just noticed that the remote is sold separately.

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:55 am

I'm going back to the Logitech c922 for now. It can only handle 720 but the picture is much better. I'm tired of struggling with the Iris. The picture doesn't look quite right. It seems to have gotten worse over time. Like It takes 2 or 3 hours to start streaming with all the issues with settings and lighting.

@wonderland1 What you said is exactly how I have been feeling.@ "I keep trying to like it but I just don't feel like I look that good on it and it makes me look older and self-conscious," It's not just you.

It's too late to return mine but I will try writing to the nice lady.

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:52 am

I just called Amazon and they are allowing me to send the Iris back for a full refund. I have had it for a month and a half so it's outside the return window. They are making an exception. I told them I have tried all the settings. I'm super happy about this.

wonderland1
Hustler
Reactions:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:18 am

CarmenRose wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:52 am I just called Amazon and they are allowing me to send the Iris back for a full refund. I have had it for a month and a half so it's outside the return window. They are making an exception. I told them I have tried all the settings. I'm super happy about this.
Heck, yeah! I'm glad they made an exception @CarmenRose ! It takes long enough to get ready to cam, I cant be bothered with fussing with tech stuff each time, too. Btw, the OBSBOT Tiny 2 posted in the Cam store is a bundle pack with the remote included in it. Do you mind if I private message you?

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:30 am

wonderland1 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:18 am
CarmenRose wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:52 am I just called Amazon and they are allowing me to send the Iris back for a full refund. I have had it for a month and a half so it's outside the return window. They are making an exception. I told them I have tried all the settings. I'm super happy about this.
Heck, yeah! I'm glad they made an exception @CarmenRose ! It takes long enough to get ready to cam, I cant be bothered with fussing with tech stuff each time, too. Btw, the OBSBOT Tiny 2 posted in the Cam store is a bundle pack with the remote included in it. Do you mind if I private message you?
Thanks! I was having a bunch of issues with the Iris. OBS did not always recognize the camera so I got a black screen. Stripchat said "Camera access denied." Streamate's verification picture was a black screen. The snapshot was also black screen. My Yeti wouldn't work with the camera unless I kept reinstalling, unplugging, etc. The picture quality has been getting worse every day.

I had none of these issues with the Logitech.

I didn't know they had a bundle on the OSBOT. I might give it a try too.

Yes, of course you can private message me.

*Edited to list all my issues with the Iris today.

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:48 am

I just ordered the OBSTINY2 because there were only 17 left in stock. I'm getting it tomorrow. So excited!

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:05 pm

I like the Tiny so far. It really is tiny considering everything it does. I will do a full review after I have had it for awhile. I will say that the blur background and beauty features only work in the software preview (at least in my experience). They are pretty much useless but comical to try.

Edit: I guess you can use blur and beauty features with virtual cam but it uses a lot of resources, at least too much for my system.

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:38 am

@Esixxx I was wondering how it's going with your Nexigo Iris. Did you get the settings figured out?