What was your very first Cammodel Upgrade?

This is a forum for general topics about the cammodel industry. Open to all members.
EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:25 pm

What was the very first upgrade that you made for your cammodel business? I can't remember if it was my webcam or my Internet? I was trying so many things all at once and I now realize that wasn't the best strategy. Mostly because all at once makes more difficult to determine what's actually working and what isn't.

I wrote an article called 5 Upgrades To Take Your Cammodel Business To The Next Level. https://boleynmodels.com/5-upgrades-to- ... ext-level/

This one is mostly geared towards newbies or cammers who are part time etc., but I'm curious to know y'all think is the most important upgrade and at what point should it happen?

KortneyKay
Hustler
Reactions:

Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:22 am

I think it was a c920 which I still have but recently died.

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:38 am

Thank you for the article. I enjoyed reading it.

My first upgrade was the Logitech Pro 9000. I had a grainy webcam before that. The 9000's mic was not bad.

My second was lighting. Remember those multi light floor lamps with different color shades? I also had a clamp light with an aluminum reflector. It's the kind guys use to work in the garage. It was a fabulous key light.

I can't remember if the next upgrade was my internet or computer.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:13 am

Yup! I had two of those floor lamps. One had pink shades and the other had blue shades. The pink shades made my skin look so pretty.
CarmenRose wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:38 am Thank you for the article. I enjoyed reading it.

My first upgrade was the Logitech Pro 9000. I had a grainy webcam before that. The 9000's mic was not bad.

My second was lighting. Remember those multi light floor lamps with different color shades? I also had a clamp light with an aluminum reflector. It's the kind guys use to work in the garage. It was a fabulous key light.

I can't remember if the next upgrade was my internet or computer.

littlewhitelies
Reactions:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:34 am

A big monitor rather than working just from my laptop screen! Makes such a huge difference, especially when I can have another window open side by side so I can do other stuff when it's slow. 😅

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:17 pm

That's a good one! It was at least two years before I realized I could do that. How long before you became a cammodel before you made that upgrade?
littlewhitelies wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:34 am A big monitor rather than working just from my laptop screen! Makes such a huge difference, especially when I can have another window open side by side so I can do other stuff when it's slow. 😅

littlewhitelies
Reactions:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:50 pm

It was about 6 months- I remember using all the extra tips I made on my birthday for it!

ggminx
Hustler
Reactions:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:37 am

oh geez, back in 2014, I recall using my old beastly laptop's built-in webcam and buying a c920 as the very first thing to upgrade because the picture quality was awful lol

over time, #2 was a new laptop, #3 was bluetooth earpiece, #4 was a 3 point umbrella light setup which eventually got changed to a large ring light, and I also bought some backup c920s and c922s.

now I use a gopro for my cam attached to a smaller ring light on an articulating arm, still have the same model bluetooth earpiece although a newer version.

great article!!!! after all these years, sometimes I still don't know why the stream quality can be janky at times! lol

ViaFlaminia
Reactions:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:06 pm

My first upgrade was better toys, a month or two into camming. I read the SW toy safety thread and upgraded to glass and medical grade silicone. Must have been early 2011?

Next was lighting, the umbrella kind, about six months in. Still use them.

For sure I remember getting a c910 to replace the built-in.

edit: The article is great!!!

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:42 pm

ViaFlaminia wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:06 pm My first upgrade was better toys, a month or two into camming. I read the SW toy safety thread and upgraded to glass and medical grade silicone. Must have been early 2011?

Next was lighting, the umbrella kind, about six months in. Still use them.

For sure I remember getting a c910 to replace the built-in.

edit: The article is great!!!
Thank you! I've enjoyed reading what everyone else has to say about upgrades etc. I know when I first started I was all over the place! But to my credit I did have somewhat of plan and I stuck to it. It's interesting to see how different people prioritize what's most important. 💗

Last bumped by EtherealMOD on Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:42 pm.