How to make setup less of a struggle & eyesore?

This is a forum for general topics about the cammodel industry. Open to all members.
handoverthat
Reactions:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:21 pm

So idk if it's just me bc I have poor vision and cataracts, but I really cannot read my laptop screen from even a few feet in front of me if I'm standing up performing, and it makes me wonder how tf do models do it??? If I'm performing, I find myself having to come up to the screen every couple of minutes to make sure I didn't miss something they've typed, and a lot of times I have. It's so annoying! I try zooming in on the screen bit then it either cuts off some people's messages, or I can barely get anything on the screen, or it makes me unable to type, or makes it harder for me to type, and then I have to readjust the screen each time and it's just a whole entire mess
Last edited by handoverthat on Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ggminx
Hustler
Reactions:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:57 am

If I get a request that requires me to move away from my screen, I let the custie know I won't be able to read the screen and will come up to it occasionally to read it and it's a non-issue. usually I can at least see the movement of the chat screen and that let's me know something's been typed by the custie

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:21 am

An external monitor helps a lot.

laurielegs
Reactions:

Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:20 am

handoverthat wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:21 pm Add bookmark

So idk if it's just me bc I have poor vision and cataracts, but I really cannot read my laptop screen from even a few feet in front of me if I'm standing up performing, and it makes me wonder how tf do models do it??? If I'm performing, I find myself having to come up to the screen every couple of minutes to make sure I didn't miss something they've typed, and a lot of times I have. It's so annoying! I try zooming in on the screen bit then it either cuts off some people's messages, or I can barely get anything on the screen, or it makes me unable to type, or makes it harder for me to type, and then I have to readjust the screen each time and it's just a whole entire mess
I had a spare TV I hooked my computer to with an HDMI cord. I don't think I could cam very well without that, makes it so easy to see what someone is typing.

littlewhitelies
Reactions:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:57 am

My set up is a rolling bar cart with a monitor on the top level and my laptop on the bottom. This means I can move it around, and the monitor really helps with being able to see stuff.

Genoveve
Hustler
Reactions:

Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:35 pm

On SM you can make the font bigger, I have mine pretty big.

aka Genoveve