Skype blocking customers

This is a forum for general topics about the cammodel industry. Open to all members.
ep2023
Reactions:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:41 am

Hi all,

So I'm sure you are already aware (maybe some aren't) that piece of shit Skype has been blocking customers from me since they redid & ruined Skype & launched Skype 8 back in 2017/18.

Many businesses switched from SK to other IMing platforms, but as we all know, most indie sites in adult only use Skype.

At first I thought it was only guys who were new to my list, but I've had guys message me who were already on my list & I never got the messages.

I thought it was only through Sky Private & so I reached out to them a few times with of course them saying it wasn't them.

I'm no longer on CMD due to their attitude after they changed, so I'm not sure if it would happen with them too.

I don't really get anyone from CamLust or if I do, I seem to get those messages.

Over the years I can see how much money I've lost because of MS. 2 years ago I complained about it on their community platform & they banned my account & it was another business account.

CENSORSHIP is alive & well on the internet.

Last week they came out with an update & suddenly I had tons of guys who had messaged me in the last 3 years showing up. I messaged them, but now SK won't let me add them or approve their request, so I doubt they will get the message.

It's not just one time they message me, I can have guys message me upto 6 times & it never shows up. Some over the course of 3-5 years.

TERRIBLE.

Please tell me this isn't only happening to me.

Thanks

SuperPookie
Hustler
Reactions:

Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:41 am

Yes, that happens to me to. Skype is crap but it's what guys use. Every Skype based site that I am aware of will let models and customers perform the session on whatever platform they want but guys almost always choose Skype.
SkyPrivate and CamModelDirectory even have a pay per minute plug-in for Discord the same as Skype and I can't get guys to move over.
What is your issue with CMD?
They have the same staff, same rules,same type of plug-in and same set up as SkyPrivate so if you're on one you might as well be on both.

ep2023
Reactions:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:46 am

SuperPookie wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:41 am Yes, that happens to me to. Skype is crap but it's what guys use. Every Skype based site that I am aware of will let models and customers perform the session on whatever platform they want but guys almost always choose Skype.
SkyPrivate and CamModelDirectory even have a pay per minute plug-in for Discord the same as Skype and I can't get guys to move over.
They have the same staff, same rules,same type of plug-in and same set up as SkyPrivate so if you're on one you might as well be on both.
Yeh I don't like Discord. I don't even know how to do a video call on there. I tried years ago & nothing happened LOL

And I'm talking mainly about new guys. You can't tell a new guy to go to Discord b/c he's new, you don't know him yet.

For my research I just needed to know if others are experiencing it & if they even know how much money they are losing b/c of SK.

I've probably lost at least 30 guys in the last 5-6 years which for you isn't a lot, but that's b/c I don't get a lot of guys like you do. Your amount is probably way higher.

CMD - I'm taboo & they went vanilla when they merged. I have to turn guys down all the time b/c of this.

I'm trying to think of another site that isn't SP or CMD so we can test if it happens with them too.

I'm on CamLust, but I barely get pinged from there, but so far I don't think I've lost anyone from there so I still think it's an issue between SP & SK, but then again, I've lost guys who were already on my list & I couldn't see the message, so it's not just ones who were contacting me for the first time, but the majority of the time it's those kinds.

Thanks

SuperPookie
Hustler
Reactions:

Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:35 pm

ep2023 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:46 am
SuperPookie wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:41 am Yes, that happens to me to. Skype is crap but it's what guys use. Every Skype based site that I am aware of will let models and customers perform the session on whatever platform they want but guys almost always choose Skype.
Yeh I don't like Discord. I don't even know how to do a video call on there. I tried years ago & nothing happened LOL

And I'm talking mainly about new guys. You can't tell a new guy to go to Discord b/c he's new, you don't know him yet.

For my research I just needed to know if others are experiencing it & if they even know how much money they are losing b/c of SK.

I've probably lost at least 30 guys in the last 5-6 years which for you isn't a lot, but that's b/c I don't get a lot of guys like you do. Your amount is probably way higher.

CMD - I'm taboo & they went vanilla when they merged. I have to turn guys down all the time b/c of this.

I'm trying to think of another site that isn't SP or CMD so we can test if it happens with them too.

I'm on CamLust, but I barely get pinged from there, but so far I don't think I've lost anyone from there so I still think it's an issue between SP & SK, but then again, I've lost guys who were already on my list & I couldn't see the message, so it's not just ones who were contacting me for the first time, but the majority of the time it's those kinds.

It's a glitch with Skype itself and is unrelated to where the customer originally found you. Skype has been crap ever since Microsoft bought it. That's why most businesses have switched to Zoom.
SkyPrivate has the same rules as CMD now so if you're doing taboo shows there you can get penalized though considering the amount of stuff that gets ignored you're probably ok lol. The only difference between CMD and SkyPrivate is that on CMD the lowest you can charge is 2.49 and no below the waist nudity on profiles is allowed. Basically it's a classier SkyPrivate clone.
Are you keeping the CamLust tab open and making sure you are ready for browser based calls? That is all I get on there when I do actually get something. The camming feature works pretty much like SextPanther if you happen to be on there.

Thanks

VVVV
Hustler
Reactions:

Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:15 pm

skype locked my account 4 time in a week, not sure why. it was a nightmare to change id.
so stressful discord is the way but ohhh many they use skype.
they do not give you a reason why which is frustrating but a list. i did not nothing in the list, so it is a mystery

SuperPookie
Hustler
Reactions:

Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:52 am

Somehow I messed up using the quote feature yesterday and just combined my and OP's post :D.

SuperPookie
Hustler
Reactions:

Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:53 am

VVVV wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:15 pm skype locked my account 4 time in a week, not sure why. it was a nightmare to change id.
they do not give you a reason why which is frustrating but a list. i did not nothing in the list, so it is a mystery
Using it for adult purposes violates Skypes TOS so doing it for cam is enough of a reason to be banned all on it's own.

VVVV
Hustler
Reactions:

Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:27 am

SuperPookie wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:53 am
VVVV wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:15 pm skype locked my account 4 time in a week, not sure why. it was a nightmare to change id.
Using it for adult purposes violates Skypes TOS so doing it for cam is enough of a reason to be banned all on it's own.
people should report for it, i was not banned i was locked out, just to verify.
honestly i just think that skypeprivate they should build up an app for their user not rely on something that it is openly banned.
btw the last resort is discord lol

SuperPookie
Hustler
Reactions:

Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:03 am

VVVV wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:27 am
honestly i just think that skypeprivate they should build up an app for their user not rely on something that it is openly banned.
They really should, Even CamLust which is tiny compared to SkyPrivate has built in streaming now.
I hardly get any new adds on Skype anymore and while I do keep copies of my contacts I think losing my Skype would pretty much kill my income . I worry about it a lot.

VVVV
Hustler
Reactions:

Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:30 pm

SuperPookie wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:03 am
VVVV wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:27 am

They really should, Even CamLust which is tiny compared to SkyPrivate has built in streaming now.
I hardly get any new adds on Skype anymore and while I do keep copies of my contacts I think losing my Skype would pretty much kill my income . I worry about it a lot.
you do not need to worry because you can send a mass message to your clients and they will see it. it is just stressful and probably they lost you few days.
it happens to me and my income were not affected.