The Streamate Thread

All Streamate threads go here.
ChubbyBBW
Hustler
Reactions:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:08 am

Honestly when it was down in Sunday, I didn't knew it was down and was online. And I had traffic, it was booming lot of guys up to 10 in chat, tipping and talking, just taking Pvt without fucking my brains.
I had so nice traffic last time in Halloween contest 2022.
Then things get back to normal lol, 1 member per half of hour, if it regular he asked questions and log off in the void, 3$ in two hours.
It's heartbreaking how obviously SM manually cut traffic for who they don't like.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:16 am

ChubbyBBW wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:08 am Honestly when it was down in Sunday, I didn't knew it was down and was online. And I had traffic, it was booming lot of guys up to 10 in chat, tipping and talking, just taking Pvt without fucking my brains.
Then things get back to normal lol, 1 member per half of hour, if it regular he asked questions and log off in the void, 3$ in two hours.
It's heartbreaking how obviously SM manually cut traffic for who they don't like.
You were probably 1 of 100 possible models who were able to stream. I don't think this past Sunday was a case of SM favoring one server over another. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but this past weekend was a shit show because the site is broken. I don't think they can handle all those streams at one time.

ChubbyBBW
Hustler
Reactions:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:37 am

Got this from discord:
@everyone
 We got caught with our pants down on Sunday: 

Sunday morning, through Monday morning, US Pacific time, Streamate experienced a significant system failure in our Seattle datacenter that caused sporadic outages for many models, dashboards, and streaming. Unfortunately, redundant physical pieces of technology that power our platforms also failed during the event which caused a total outage and significant problems. We got caught with our pants down, and we learned that we need more spare pants stashed in more places around the world for the worst possible scenario. 

The engineering teams worked throughout the night and into the morning to stabilize and replace all the impacted systems throughout the Streamate ecosystem. I assure you that we understand that these events directly impact our content creators personally and their income, and anywhere from our senior engineers to our datacenter dwellers, we take Streamate’s uptime very seriously and are working tirelessly to expand, upgrade, and improve. Some of the engineers did not sleep for over 48 hours and refused to logoff until issues are resolved. We can say with confidence, that the issue has been mitigated at this time!

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:01 pm

Thanks for posting that @ChubbyBBW I saw it earlier today and to be honest I wasn't moved. I hope that it was a genuine effort to get things back on track for everyone but that ending...

"We can say with confidence, that the issue has been mitigated at this time!"

ChubbyBBW
Hustler
Reactions:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:40 pm

Well today the same, very active chat and then hours with zero earnings and 1 potential, same with traffic, just dead. Is this how is algorith works or shadowban or issues on sites we never will know.

SuperPookie
Hustler
Reactions:

Wed May 01, 2024 7:48 am

ChubbyBBW wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:08 am Honestly when it was down in Sunday, I didn't knew it was down and was online. And I had traffic, it was booming lot of guys up to 10 in chat, tipping and talking, just taking Pvt without fucking my brains.
It was like that yesterday for me. I did very well for two hours and then it was like turning off a faucet and they sent the traffic elsewhere.
It's disheartening.

Genoveve
Hustler
Reactions:

Wed May 01, 2024 6:07 pm

Weird glitches today; I notice lots of user connection issues and unknowns in the free chat, plus it seems like this week a lot of computer users' sound just will not work. Also at one point when I was taken pvt I saw the free chat feed say that I had just blocked a user that I never blocked. I thought at first it was that glitch where it shows different usernames for the same user and was showing the wrong name for the last guy I blocked but it didn't, it still showed the last guy I actually blocked too.

aka Genoveve
Esixxx
Hustler
Reactions:

Thu May 02, 2024 2:20 pm

I had a similar glitch you did.
I blocked a guy over an hour ago- they tried to enter my chat and this is the message that showed up in my chat

"Benjamin has logged off (reason: user has been blocked by model)"

There was no message of him logging onto my room

Genoveve
Hustler
Reactions:

Fri May 03, 2024 2:09 pm

^^Also I believe that the guy it said I blocked was a username that had not even entered my room at any point.

aka Genoveve
SuperPookie
Hustler
Reactions:

Sat May 04, 2024 3:03 am

I'm starting to think that I am periodically shadowbanned. In fact I'm pretty sure of it.